1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why do YOU think Packers fans are best in NFL?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by SanDiegoCheese, Oct 25, 2011.

1. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    So my co-worker (Browns fan) and I are talking this morning, and he says that Packers fans are hands down the best in the NFL. I asked him why he thinks that, he said no one is as loyal as Green Bay fans if the teams is 4-12 or Superbowl champs the fans support the team 1000%

Not to sound snobby but,

That got me thinking why do you (as a Packers fan) think we are the best in the NFL?

Is it loyalty, the way we travel in huge numbers to away games, no sole greedy owner? etc.

2. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    I agree with loyalty and no greedy owner tops it... You'll see for yourself at that San Diego game the amount of Packer fans!
    I love the camaraderie, no matter where I go, if I see someone in any packer gear....I talk to them!!
    :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    would any other fan base put up with brett favre for as long as we did?

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I get creeped out when I see someone in a Chmura jersey, but otherwise like to engage in conversation with random packer fans as well.

5. SanDiegoCheese

Ratings:
    +185
    Nice! I think it's the fact I've never met a jerk packers fan. When I'm wearing a shirt or jersey random people come up and give me high five or yell Go Pack Go! That's awesome, especially when it's not expected like at the mall or supermarket.

6. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    I've never seen a Churma jersey out and about!! Those should stay in the closet as well as BF anything! :sneaky:

7. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I can't say enough good things about Packers fans. They are some of the most classy, loyal, loving fans I've ever seen. To better understand why I think Packers fans are the best, you must understand my history and where I came from as a fan. I'm a Philly cat, born and raised 5 minutes outside of Philly with family roots deep in south Philly. So naturally I was raised in the Philly sports world. I became a fan of football and the Eagles because of Reggie White. He was my hero and the reason I watch football still to this day. But living there, I saw a lot of things I didn't care for from the Eagle's fans. They were rude, violent and openly hostile to opposing fans. That is not how I am, that's not how I treat people and that's not how I would like to be treated if I went to another team's stadium. So when Reggie went to Green Bay, I was more than willing to follow him there. I was always more a fan of his than I was of the Eagles anyway. But then I discovered the Packers and their fans and it was just love at first sight. The Packers fans are on a different planet. Packers fans are gracious, and we love our team like no other.

• Like Like x 2
  8. SanDiegoCheese

Ratings:
    +185
    :roflmao: True, I've never seen a person wear one after the "babysitter incident" But, yeah if anyone still has one time to update their wardrobe.

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    About 2 years ago I saw a girl that had to be 14 or 15 wearing one. with her family. it was the strangest thing. I have a picture somewhere.

10. SanDiegoCheese

Ratings:
    +185
    :sick: that's just wrong! I'm sure she had no idea what Mark did, or else she wouldn't have worn it. :tdown:

11. SanDiegoCheese

Ratings:
    +185
    Yup, we the Best! Philly, mmmmmm I've been dying for a cheesesteak from Dalessandro’s Steaks

• Like Like x 1
  12. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    I agree with your co-worker.

13. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    As one who has been a fan for 45 years (I know, I'm old, right?) I agree with your co-worker as well. The 70's and 80's were some lean times for Packer fans, but Lambeau was still Packed (pun intended) and the loyal supporters of the Packers remained loyal. I live in the greater (cough, cough) Chicagoland area and the last few years they have told me how Chicago fans are the best fans, but a couple years ago when they had Seattle in the first round of the playoffs there were over 2,000 seats still for sale on StubHub the night before the game. When has that (or anything even close to it) happened at Lambeau?
    Fans are fans through thick and thin and true Packer fans have been fans through some of the "thickest" and some of the "thinnest."
    Go Pack, Go!!!!!

14. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    I think we are the best fans,I have heard stories where a fan couldn't get into a game and some one gave them tickets,wish it would have been me,people say how they go and people invite them to eat and hang out,I sat next to viking fans and the people around them let them cheer on their team,so I can see why packer fans are the best.

15. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    It is loyalty.

When Favre left and you seen people go from wearing his jerseys to Jets and Vikings jerseys which wasn't very many, that showed you the loyalty of this fan base.

I also have a respect for the Browns fan base. Talk football with those guys on forums, and they are some of the coolest you'll ever meet, and when they win, they appreciate it. They are the opposite of Steeler fans, and everything that you wish Pittsburgh's fans were when it comes to losing and giving the other guys credit.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    There are former Packers fans who stuck with Favre and became fans of whatever team he was with because they were on his side and blamed Ted Thompson 1000% without getting the full story. Favre did no wrong in their eyes while wearing rose colored glasses.
    I don't think any of them were Packers fans before Favre came along.
    They were probably wishy-washy football fans of other teams, they saw the awesome QB named Favre and jumped on the Packers bandwagon and then jumped off when he left.

Bogart is the exception to this.
    I can respect his becoming a Packers fan because of Favre and sticking with the team when Favre left.

• Like Like x 1
  17. PWT

PWT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    Green Bay Packer fan not only owned the Green bayapockers (over 112,000 packer sahar hoidlkers but alo opeartethe Green b a yapcker franchiee have done so since 1923. Tehapcker are managed by 45 member of packer Board od direcrtor and managed byu 7 member executive Copmmmitttee of pakcer board of directors. apcker fan have a 85 ,oooo pakcer fna season itcket waITING LOIST AND lAMBEAU fEILD HASBEEN SOLD OUT SINCE 1960

18. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I know, I live around them sadly. Even after winning the Super Bowl I have to hear how we screwed him, and I'm like WOW how can you still take his side when they won the Super Bowl getting rid of him? No answer. Just "You screwed him into retirement blah blah blah"

Even if the Packers 'forced Brett into retirement" I like to look at it form a love perspective.

The 49ers talked Steve Young into retirement after his final concussion because they feared he would get another one and possibly life threatening injuries. Young was a fighter too, he didn't want to retire.

Troy Aikman has admitted he didn't want to retire, but Jerry Jones insisted he retire after all the injuries he was taking.

Both of these guys retired, and they didn't want to. They could have came back and probably found a starting job with another team, but they both had the same thing Favre had (well Aikman had more) and that was Super Bowl rings. No need to come back and risk your body. Unlike them, Favre didn't go through such hell of injury plagues as they did, which is understandable, but I still thing if you view it from the love perspective, they were going to retire Favre's jersey right away, you can't say the Packers started hating him right away like his fans do. I think Brett looked at is as a "me against them" perspective when the Packers just wanted to close the door of his legacy, and instead he screwed it up.

I may have found love for this team because of the man, but I just couldn't follow him. I grew up watching my family stay angry at the Saints for letting good players go that they loved. My father had a Rickey Jackson jersey when I was young, and you can believe he was angry seeing them trade him and then he go and win a Super Bowl with the 49ers, but he still was a Saints fan. Sam Mills, Morten Andersen, Pat Swilling, all great players went to play for other teams and my family was still fans of the Saints even through all those bad years in the 1990's. I learned love for a team watching my folks still pull for the Saints through all the hell they went through.

• Like Like x 2
  19. SanDiegoCheese

Ratings:
    +185
    Saints fans during the 90s!!!!! WOW!!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::tup: