Why didn't we trade for Marshawn Lynch again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man. I hate seeing fans of my team act like your everyday Patriot or Giant fan. What a dumb thing to say. Yeah lets never acquire a good player again because we didn't need em to win it all in 2010.

I hate seeing fans of my team insist we need to trade the house to get a guy who wouldn't really help us all that much. What a dumb thing to day. Yeah, lets give up future draft picks to acquire a player we really don't need..

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't tell if you guys are butt hurt that I'm right, still ignorant to how good Lynch is, too dumb to realize how bad we could use him, or what? I think I'm done now lol. I see why I never came back here. This forum blows

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate seeing fans of my team insist we need to trade the house to get a guy who wouldn't really help us all that much. What a dumb thing to day. Yeah, lets give up future draft picks to acquire a player we really don't need..
lol at giving up the house. It's ONE PICK. That we used to acquire a much worse player. How hard is that to understand. Our future outlook is much better if we trade our 2nd or 3rd rounder from last year to get a really good running back. Again how hard is that to understand?

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As it stand now we're gonna be throwing with Rodgers a billion times again with a hole at left tackle. Rodgers is gonna face much tougher defenses because we have no balance. He's gonna take more hits because we are gonna be worse against a 4 man rush (yes worse than the Chiefs and Giants games last year, you know where a running back would have helped?)

Yeah Rodgers is good enough to do it on his own but you're just a bad GM if you don't make your team better when the opportunity presents itself.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't tell if you guys are butt hurt that I'm right, still ignorant to how good Lynch is, too dumb to realize how bad we could use him, or what? I think I'm done now lol. I see why I never came back here. This forum blows

And I can't tell if you're a functioning retard or not. See ya later.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I'd love to have Lynch but wouldn't trade the farm for him like Ditka did for the 1 pick for the Saints. Just can't think of the RBs name right now. he played for the Ravens last year.

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I'd love to have Lynch but wouldn't trade the farm for him like Ditka did for the 1 pick for the Saints. Just can't think of the RBs name right now. he played for the Ravens last year.
What are you people talking about? The Bills wanted ONE PICK FOR HIM!!!! The pick we picked Randall Cobb with would have nabbed him for sure. That ONE PICK! I also think we mighta been able to fetch him for a 3rd rounder as well. I cant remember.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry u feel that way but no one is twisting your arm & making you visit this forum. If that's how u feel don't let the "preverbeal" door hit you on the way out

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol at giving up the house. It's ONE PICK. That we used to acquire a much worse player. How hard is that to understand. Our future outlook is much better if we trade our 2nd or 3rd rounder from last year to get a really good running back. Again how hard is that to understand?

Not hard to understand at all. We just didn't need him, as myself and Ivo more than proved in this very thread. I don't care if you're tired of hearing it or not, the undisputable FACT is we won the fuc*ing Super Bowl without him, and followed that up with a 15-1 campaign the following year. All you're doing at this point is trolling.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good god you're dumb. Try and actually debate me if you think you know so much more about the situation.
Your still here so either you like it here & want to debate or just taking your time leaving. Stay or go,I don't care. there's plenty of other members here that enjoy the forum w/o you acting like an a**

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your still here so either you like it here & want to debate or just taking your time leaving. Stay or go,I don't care. there's plenty of other members here that enjoy the forum w/o you acting like an a**
You seem like a nice person and an asset to the forum. Don't mean to hate on a fellow nice packer fan.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As it stand now we're gonna be throwing with Rodgers a billion times again with a hole at left tackle. Rodgers is gonna face much tougher defenses because we have no balance. He's gonna take more hits because we are gonna be worse against a 4 man rush (yes worse than the Chiefs and Giants games last year, you know where a running back would have helped?)

Yeah Rodgers is good enough to do it on his own but you're just a bad GM if you don't make your team better when the opportunity presents itself.

Pretty sure Newhouse will be our starting left tackle, much like he was last season. You know, when we went 15-1.

I'm also pretty sure Ted is, in fact, making the team better. There's simply no reason to over pay for a running back, not when serviceable running backs are a dime a dozen. This isn't Madden. It just isn't a position you trade for in the middle of the season and expect to have instant success with.

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not hard to understand at all. We just didn't need him, as myself and Ivo more than proved in this very thread. I don't care if you're tired of hearing it or not, the undisputable FACT is we won the fuc*ing Super Bowl without him, and followed that up with a 15-1 campaign the following year. All you're doing at this point is trolling.
By that logic we didn't need the player we selected with the second round pick either since we won the super bowl without Cobb. You know when you trade for a player he is on the team for more than one season right? You know that we came up short last year right? You know we could have improved our team to help prevent the collapses against the Chiefs and Giants right?

That;s what the Marshawn Lynch trade does. Improves our team and makes it more likely we win super bowls in future seasons. It's a travesty every year we don't win it all while Rodgers is on our roster. He's the best in the league and we should be doing everything we can to make our team unbeatable. We have dynasty potential right now and the fans or our team want to ruin it because of stubbornness.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By that logic we didn't need the player we selected with the second round pick either since we won the super bowl without Cobb. You know when you trade for a player he is on the team for more than one season right? You know that we came up short last year right? You know we could have improved our team to help prevent the collapses against the Chiefs and Giants right?

That;s what the Marshawn Lynch trade does. Improves our team and makes it more likely we win super bowls in future seasons. It's a travesty every year we don't win it all while Rodgers is on our roster. He's the best in the league and we should be doing everything we can to make our team unbeatable. We have dynasty potential right now and the fans or our team want to ruin it because of stubbornness.

Right, because not having Marshawn Lynch last season is the reason we didn't win the Super Bowl..

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure Newhouse will be our starting left tackle, much like he was last season. You know, when we went 15-1.

I'm also pretty sure Ted is, in fact, making the team better. There's simply no reason to over pay for a running back, not when serviceable running backs are a dime a dozen. This isn't Madden. It just isn't a position you trade for in the middle of the season and expect to have instant success with.
It is when you have this good a team and just need a plug in play player. I;d say the Patriots trading for Corey Dillion worked out pretty well for them? What? the Pats won 2 super bowls with him? and haven't won a championship since? Yeah even with the greatest offense of all time the Patriots couldnt run the ball and faced the giants much like we did and ended up paying for it. Drop back 50 times against a team like that and it's tough to win. I'm just asking for the GM to make the team better. Don't understand why you are resisting it soooo hard

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, because not having Marshawn Lynch last season is the reason we didn't win the Super Bowl..
Having to throw the ball to WRs who can't cath and a line that can't block killed us in the giants game. running the ball with fumblers Grant and Kuhn KILLED us in that game. Marshawn Lynch Helps big time in that game. Much more than Cobb did

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The season where we came up short to teams that dropped 7 guys into coverage and rushed 4? Teams that were just asking for us to run it down their throats?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I don't understand why you're resurrecting a two year old thread and living in the past. The deal is done, we didn't get him, and we obviously did more than just fine without him, so really, what's your point here?

And how do you know we aren't making our team better? Do you have the ability to tell what kind of career Starks or Green will have? Or are you just bent because we didn't trade a mid-round pick for a guy whose name you happened to recognize?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having to throw the ball to WRs who can't cath and a line that can't block killed us in the giants game. running the ball with fumblers Grant and Kuhn KILLED us in that game. Marshawn Lynch Helps big time in that game. Much more than Cobb did

Did you watch all the games last season, or is that the only one you saw? If you watched all the games, then you'd realize that game was an anomaly, and not at all indicative of the type of performance we otherwise put forth all year long.

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Newhouse is the worst player on our line last season according to Pro football focus...... http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/23/ranking-the-2011-offensive-lines-part-2/
A third of the way down the page number 11 ranked line.

Don't sound so confident when I'm sure you don't study the left tackle position. I'm sure you'r one of the fans that just watches the ball. (can't blame you since we have rodgers) but you are wrong about newhouse being the answer

D

Dan115

You will be missed---- ON April 1

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you watch all the games last season, or is that the only one you saw? If you watched all the games, then you'd realize that game was an anomaly, and not at all indicative of the type of performance we otherwise put forth all year long.
It was a game we lost because we couldnt take advantage of basic numbers and football logic. When everyone on the defense is expecting and selling out to defend the pass....... that's when you run. No possibility for a drop when you run the ball and Lynch doesn't fumble like Grant. We raised our probability of error and played right into the defenses hand by passing 40+ times in that game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts