Why didn't we trade for Marshawn Lynch again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
ESPN.com: Seattle Seahawks Message Board

RB Mark Ingram would be nice, let's face it Lynch and Forsett aren't getting the job done.

think about it, if you had a running back that is fast and can get the ball out on the flat and create his own plays, we would have alot more offensive play calling and can do a variety of things. we do not have this option with lynch and forsett.

this team has progressively gotten worse since the Lynch acquisition.

Looks like SOME Seattle fans didnt think Lynch was good either?

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Lynch better than Jackson? Definitely. Six of Jackson's last seven games have featured 60 carries for 144 yards. Jackson has only had one game where he ran for over 42 yards since Week 9.

Marshawn Lynch has had a few games where he's averaged over 5 yards per carry, has 6 games where hes ran over 42 yards in comparison to Jackson's 1 since Week 9.

Let's not forget that Lynch is just learning their system, has been playing behind an offensive line that's featured ten different starting rotations, and plays behind an offense that features Mike Williams as their best player. Lynch has performed admirably with the Seahawks considering the circumstances.

I'm not sure how he'd fit in the Packers offense though because, as you see with Starks and Nance and even Grant in '07, it takes players awhile to learn this offensive system before they even get playing time.

Now...I think Starks has the ability to quiet the argument about Lynch. Jackson has been beyond horrendous in the second half of this season and we really need more production from him if the Packers are going to advance deep into the postseason...that, or they start playing someone else.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Lynch better than Jackson? Definitely. Six of Jackson's last seven games have featured 60 carries for 144 yards. Jackson has only had one game where he ran for over 42 yards since Week 9.

Marshawn Lynch has had a few games where he's averaged over 5 yards per carry, has 6 games where hes ran over 42 yards in comparison to Jackson's 1 since Week 9.

Let's not forget that Lynch is just learning their system, has been playing behind an offensive line that's featured ten different starting rotations, and plays behind an offense that features Mike Williams as their best player. Lynch has performed admirably with the Seahawks considering the circumstances.

I'm not sure how he'd fit in the Packers offense though because, as you see with Starks and Nance and even Grant in '07, it takes players awhile to learn this offensive system before they even get playing time.

Now...I think Starks has the ability to quiet the argument about Lynch. Jackson has been beyond horrendous in the second half of this season and we really need more production from him if the Packers are going to advance deep into the postseason...that, or they start playing someone else.

Those are the most biased selective stats I have ever seen anyone present. No mention of jackson catching passes, or the New England game since it doesnt fit in your argument.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch is nowhere near grant. It's funny how one 67 yard run (longest of his career) makes ppl want lynch, why wasn't anyone saying this when he had 13 carries for 8 yards a couple weeks ago???

I suppose that's because he never had 13 carries for 8 yards at anytime this season.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those are the most biased selective stats I have ever seen anyone present. No mention of jackson catching passes, or the New England game since it doesnt fit in your argument.

Invalid assessment on your part. His one game of over 42 yards I mentioned actually was against the New England Patriots.

My analysis presents that Jackson has been ineffective over the second half of the season. Marshawn Lynch has outperformed Jackson greatly over the course of the past few weeks. His only satisfactory performance was against a Patriots defense that featured... I believe five injured DL and a suspension of Brandon Spikes.

Jackson has been an average receiver. He has one touchdown reception for the entire season, only one game of over 50 yards receiving, and has 38 receiving yards in the past four games total. Nothing that forces defenses to gameplan for him extensively.

I've liked what I've seen from Starks in limited action. Hope to see more of him or Jackson start elevating his performance.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I suppose that's because he never had 13 carries for 8 yards at anytime this season.

ya Im sorry he has had 17 for 44 2.0 YPC 9 for 7 .8 YPC 13 for 29 2.2 YPC 10 for 29 2.9 YPC Yeah he is cleary better than our RB's

Also he has had 4 fumbles for 4 fumbles lost he has 22 receptions for 145 yards while jackson has 1 fumble with none lost and 43 receptions for 342 yards.

And like your post before you skewed the stats so that is what exactly I am doing.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Pro Football Focus (they grade every player on every snap they play), Jackson is the 11th ranked RB in the league. Lynch comes in at 37th. Jackson grades out better on penalties, pass catching, and blocking.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Invalid assessment on your part. His one game of over 42 yards I mentioned actually was against the New England Patriots.

Invalid assessment? Your the one who said he had over 42 yards 1 time. No mention of it being against the pats or that it was 99 yards.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct he wasnt that bad...

but

He did have these

9 for 7 .08 yards per carry

7 for 20 2.9 per carry

13 for 29 2.2 yards per carry

Marshawn Lynch - Seattle Seahawks - Game Log - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

And look what he's done since Week 13 after he had half of a season to learn the system.

21 for 83
10 for 29
14 for 53
12 for 60
20 for 75
19 for 131

BJAX?
4 for 13
7 for 19
22 for 99
18 for 39
7 for 19
Wildcard to be determined

Three of those games B-JAX didn't even have 20 yards. He's been here four seasons and still isn't producing, so I have little faith in his ability to progress past the East-West running style he uses.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
And look what he's done since Week 13 after he had half of a season to learn the system.

21 for 83
10 for 29
14 for 53
12 for 60
20 for 75
19 for 131

BJAX?
4 for 13
7 for 19
22 for 99
18 for 39
7 for 19
Wildcard to be determined

Three of those games B-JAX didn't even have 20 yards. He's been
here four seasons and still isn't producing, so I have little faith in his ability to progress past the East-West running style he
uses.

How bout you compare there recieving stats and blocking and fumbles because running isn't the only thing rb's do

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
look, pro football focus takes into consideration every play and everything RBs do, unless you can provide something to show that they are wrong and Lynch is better I do not see a point in even arguing with you over something your clearly outnumbered on and keep bringing in biased crap.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
21 for 83
10 for 29
14 for 53
12 for 60
20 for 75

** 3.9 yards per carry
4 tds

He got most yards and tds vs ONE opponent who just so happens to be 23rd vs the run

Just stop

Is he better then Jackson , yup, but not enough to warrant what they were asking.. dont forget Ted offered a 4th and a PLAYER

He had one GREAT run

ALL season he did nothing that made anyone say, omg he is so much better then Jax

If he was--- were the hell were you in week 16 bragging on Lynch?

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
21 for 83
10 for 29
14 for 53
12 for 60
20 for 75

** 3.9 yards per carry
4 tds

He got most yards and tds vs ONE opponent who just so happens to be 23rd vs the run

Just stop

Is he better then Jackson , yup, but not enough to warrant what they were asking.. dont forget Ted offered a 4th and a PLAYER

He had one GREAT run

ALL season he did nothing that made anyone say, omg he is so much better then Jax

If he was--- were the hell were you in week 16 bragging on Lynch?

Pretty much sums it up kudos to you LTF

tmlfan3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol at getting jamaal charles... that would be awesome.

As for lynch, I'm fine that we didn't get him. I don't think it would've changed anything (or insignificant) in our games. all that said, that run yesterday was one of the best I've ever seen. If he could do that (or even half of that) every game or 2 then it would be a different story but he can't so it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts