Why didn't we trade for Marshawn Lynch again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've been a fan a long time... you actually think we can win a Super Bowl with that defense and NO running game, Dude be realistic...

No I don't think we can win a Super Bowl with last years defense. I do think we can win one with last years offense.:)

M

Mr Pickle

Can you give me the NYG running totals from that game and how that impacted the outcome?

Did you watch the game? Did you not see how Jacobs ran over us at the end of the game? What was the Pack's total rushing yards I don't quite remember. Tell me could you? Was it over 70?

M

Mr Pickle

No I don't think we can win a Super Bowl with last years defense. I do think we can win one with last years offense.:)

Agreed. I Just looking to take the pressure OFF Rodgers. There is to much (as in Favres later years) on Rodgers to domit all....:tup:

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
Kuhn.... is the answer. Honestly, let's talk after half the season is over.... see if Capers has the D where it needs to be and if we are in the top 25 in rushing yards... I hope I'm wrong... but I don't see the progress...

So you think Lynch is/was the answer ? Answer to what, the SB win or the 15-1 season.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not looking for highlites, but a more rounded offense....

Whats a well rounded offense going to get us?

Due to Salary cap you cant have a stud player at every position. You have to pick and choose. This isnt madden or your fantasy football team.

On top of the salary issue you have the issue of the O line. You either get an O line that pass blocks well or that run blocks well. Very Very difficult to get both.

M

Mr Pickle

Due to Salary cap you cant have a stud player at every position. You have to pick and choose. This isnt madden or your fantasy football team.

On top of the salary issue you have the issue of the O line. You either get an O line that pass blocks well or that run blocks well. Very Very difficult to get both.

'Jones' could GO.... no? I agree with you but we are reciever heavy...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch.... no, but a respectable back...

Where would you propose we find said back?

Where would you propose we get the money to pay said back?

Where would you propose we get the O line for him to run behind?

If teams keep winning the SB with little to no running game why would we want to go backwards? Running the ball is more or less dead in todays NFL as it correlates with winning. Hey Jacksonville and Minnesota.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've been a fan a long time... you actually think we can win a Super Bowl with that defense and NO running game, Dude be realistic...
You sound like you are familiar with football but you can't be seriously suggesting that the Packer plan is to have NO run game? You think TT will cut all RBs and MM will have Rodgers pass every play? Dude, that's not realistic.

M

Mr Pickle

What about Driver... don't get me wrong, I love loyalty. But it is a business.... would we miss him?

M

Mr Pickle

You sound like you are familiar with football but you can't be seriously suggesting that the Packer plan is to have NO rung ame? You think TT will cut all RBs and MM will have Rodgers pass every play? Dude, that's not realistic.

Ok?:tup:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
'Jones' could GO.... no? I agree with you but we are reciever heavy...

WR heavy is what got us a title and 15 -1... but sure lets dump Jones as he doesnt have a lot longer on his contract. This year Jones is getting paid 2.5 mil.... only 5.5 mil to go before we get ourselves a matt forte

M

Mr Pickle

Where would you propose we find said back?

Where would you propose we get the money to pay said back?

Where would you propose we get the O line for him to run behind?

If teams keep winning the SB with little to no running game why would we want to go backwards? Running the ball is more or less dead in todays NFL as it correlates with winning. Hey Jacksonville and Minnesota.

WRONG!!!!!

M

Mr Pickle

WR heavy is what got us a title and 15 -1... but sure lets dump Jones as he doesnt have a lot longer on his contract. This year Jones is getting paid 2.5 mil.... only 5.5 mil to go before we get ourselves a matt forte

KUHN will take us from the 5...... All you believers of Starks and Kuhn... I hope you're right when we are facing 3 and 9 3/4's of the time...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Driver... don't get me wrong, I love loyalty. But it is a business.... would we miss him?

well his contract is more or less guaranteed so he is staying (disagree with TT on that but watev)

So cut 2 WRs... you get the money for a RB.... I mean the offense wont be as good but fair enough.

Now how do you propose we find this runningback?

M

Mr Pickle

Don't forget Driver.... $$$

M

Mr Pickle

That much closer:sneaky:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KUHN will take us from the 5...... All you believers of Starks and Kuhn... I hope you're right when we are facing 3 and 9 3/4's of the time...

No I believe in Rodgers in short situations. 5 wide with the option for Rodgers to get the first with his feet if the play breaks down.

I dont recall the offense having this issue last season.... does anyone else?

M

Mr Pickle

No I believe in Rodgers in short situations. 5 wide with the option for Rodgers to get the first with his feet if the play breaks down.

Yea... NFL defenses can't see that coming... having no option.... PUT it all on Rodgers... Even Montana couldn't do that....

M

Mr Pickle

Fan Base???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts