Why didn't we trade for Marshawn Lynch again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't believe that a good runningback would make life easier for Rodgers and the 'O'???

Are you ignoring the fact that he just got arrested, again? A running back does you no good from the sidelines. Myself and a couple others pointed to his off-field issues as reason not to trade too much for him, and today we're proven right. He was already suspended once before for off-field issues, which means he's looking at an even longer one this time. My guess is 8 games, but that's just a guess.

M

Mr Pickle

Rodgers and the offense put up the 2nd most points in nfl history... How much easier could it get?

Let's leave the highlight runs to seattle and Minnesota. I'll take our 15 win season and SB.

Not looking for highlites, but a more rounded offense....

M

Mr Pickle

Are you ignoring the fact that he just got arrested, again? A running back does you no good from the sidelines. Myself and a couple others pointed to his off-field issues as reason not to trade too much for him, and today we're proven right. He was already suspended once before for off-field issues, which means he's looking at an even longer one this time. My guess is 8 games, but that's just a guess.

M

Mr Pickle

We need a running game, haven't really had one since Green... Not saying he's (lynch) the answer... is Starks? will he be the answer to a 1000+ year running game, another gamble, no?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
^Absolutely. It's bad enough with the cap to consider losing Jennings/Raji/Matthews because of what we will at some point have to pay #12. What a nightmare to have Lynch's salary against our cap. I'm delighted we never signed him and I believe Starks/Green/Saine/Kuuuuuuuuuuuhn will be terrific. Starks has to at some point put a whole season together, I think this is the year.

M

Mr Pickle

I hope your hopes and wishes are correct.... Wouldn't it be nice to have a 'rest assured' mindset running game for a change. Have Rodgers throw 3o times instead of 45???

M

Mr Pickle

Are you ignoring the fact that he just got arrested, again? A running back does you no good from the sidelines. Myself and a couple others pointed to his off-field issus as reason not to trade too much for him, and today we're proven right. He was already suspended once before for off-field issues, which means he's looking at an even longer one this time. My guess is 8 games, but that's just a guess.

Not 'ignoring' anything.... would like the idea that the running game wasn't an issue No? We haven't had a real running game since Green. Be nice to have an option other than the pressure being on Rodgers, NO?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice to have a 'rest assured' mindset running game for a change. Have Rodgers throw 3o times instead of 45???

What so we could score less points? Why in the hell would we want to put the best QB in the league in hibernation.?:confused:

M

Mr Pickle

What so we could score less points? Why in the hell would we want to put the best QB in the league in hibernation.?:confused:

Are we the 2nd best team on turf? Even the 97 team had an excellent running game. To ignore the lack of runningback is typical. Let's give Kuhn the ball 25 times.... that's all we need!

M

Mr Pickle

Are we the 2nd best team on turf? Even the 97 team had an excellent running game. To ignore the lack of runningback is typical. Let's give Kuhn the ball 25 times.... that's all we need!

We wouldn't need as many points if the 'defense' did their job... we all know 'D' wins championships. What helps the 'D' is keeping then OFF the field. This was one of the problems last year 'we score, they score', no?

M

Mr Pickle

Is this a pissing contest?
We wouldn't need as many points if the 'defense' did their job... we all know 'D' wins championships. What helps the 'D' is keeping then OFF the field. This was one of the problems last year 'we score, they score', no?

The Giants showed us that, no?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope your hopes and wishes are correct.... Wouldn't it be nice to have a 'rest assured' mindset running game for a change. Have Rodgers throw 3o times instead of 45???

Aaron Rodgers threw over 39 times only 1 time last season.

M

Mr Pickle

No, the heck with it, let Rodgers throw 60 times... that will get us where we need to go.... history show's a great leader (Rodgers) a great defense and a solid running game is what wins Championships, what the hibernation have to with anything other than 'short sightedness'.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's with the pissing contest comment? I think there's a general disagreement with your position.

The Giants showed us we need a defense and that we can't make mistakes on offense. :rolleyes:

M

Mr Pickle

I'd love this to happen! I'm a big Green fan as well...can't wait to see what he does. I'd love to see us bring back some screen passing like we used to do quite often, he's got the hands, shiftyness and ability to see the field great.

Roll outs and screens with a 'descent back' goes a long ways.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, the heck with it, let Rodgers throw 60 times... that will get us where we need to go.... history show's a great leader (Rodgers) a great defense and a solid running game is what wins Championships, what the hibernation have to with anything other than 'short sightedness'.

Dude you are all over the place.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's fine, I believe the Giants won that game with the run game, which we did not have. I f the Pack are going to be a superbowl contender we will need the run game and a more solid defense period. Lynch may not be the answer, is Kuhn, Starks? It's hard to argue with Thompson... but I just don't see it... Let's get back to this week 10.

Can you give me the NYG running totals from that game and how that impacted the outcome?

M

Mr Pickle

Rodgers and the offense put up the 2nd most points in nfl history... How much easier could it get?

Let's leave the highlight runs to seattle and Minnesota. I'll take our 15 win season and SB.

I hear ya... it was a great year, we need a running game to keep a level playing field and take some of the
pressure off of Rodgers. He can't do it alone

M

Mr Pickle

Can you give me the NYG running totals from that game and how that impacted the outcome?

Watch the rerun and see what Jacobs did to the defense at 'the end'.... He and the giants took the heart out of the 'D'. watch it and you tell me.

M

Mr Pickle

Kuhn.... is the answer. Honestly, let's talk after half the season is over.... see if Capers has the D where it needs to be and if we are in the top 25 in rushing yards... I hope I'm wrong... but I don't see the progress...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants game was due to the 7 drops our WRs had and that hail marry TD

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch the rerun and see what Jacobs did to the defense at 'the end'.... He and the giants took the heart out of the 'D'. watch it and you tell me.

And what heart did the defense display that day? Any run by Jacobs was just a continuation of a poor effort by our defense. You do know that the Packers outrushed the Giants in that game...then there was that fumble by Grant. :mad:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've been a fan a long time... you actually think we can win a Super Bowl with that defense and NO running game, Dude be realistic...

You mean like the Giants did? Or like we did the season before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online