Why didn't we trade for Marshawn Lynch again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After that run, I knew it would be a thread today. Other than that, what's done is done. Let's not play "I told you so!"

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YEAH we should have signed Connolly too! Can you imagine that 300pnd+ juggernaut returning kickoffs as a Packer? SWEEET!!! I don't know what the hell TT is thinking he should be fired for not picking him up, never mind his epic failure involving Lynch! :mad:

/sarcasm

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Don't be dissing TT for the failed Lynch trade, he tried, Buffalo wanted more than a 4th rounder or 3rd rounder, they also wanted a player too. They knew Green Bay would have more to trade than Seattle. And TT has done an amazing job with depth for our team, so shut up haters. We have 6 running backs on the roster not including Grant.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to nfl stats we rushed 3.8 yards per carry this season. Lynch rushed 3.5 yds per carry for Seattle. We fumbled 4 times in 16 games; Lynch 3 times in 12.

As bland as our running game is, he was worse.

That was a great run though.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most experts felt that the Packers should have obtained Lynch.
And comparing Marshawns stats in Seattle is unfair. Their OL was horrible.
If you watched their games instead of just the stat line, you will see that Lynch was often hit by 3 defensive guys in the backfield. Anyone else watch any Seahawk games? You saw that.

Anyway, the main reason why they felt the Packers should have gotten Lynch is to keep the defenses honest.

You think D-coordinators worry at all about Bran Jackson, or John Kuhn, Jim Starks? They don't, and that's why good defenses like the Bears are able to keep their safeties back, and their LBers are able to clog the seams.... because they simply do not respect our running backs. That's made Rodgers passing windows smaller than ever.

Now, the flip side there is that since defenses are sitting back a bit and not respecting our runners, we need to take advantage of that and hit their ***** with some big runs... a heavy dose of James Starks I hope today. He's capable of making them pay.... looks to be able to hit some home runs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If you watched their games instead of just the stat line, you will see that Lynch was often hit by 3 defensive guys in the backfield. Anyone else watch any Seahawk games? You saw that.

So have you seen our line? Have you seen the Rb get hit in back field?

But to use Bjax stats are valid?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We have a playoff game in 7 hours and we have people that feel the need to discuss a player we DONT have?

I am not bitter I am shocked people are bringing this up after "one good game"

Where were these so called experts on Lynch during the season?

Lynch for the season he had 3.7 ypc a long of 39 yards and 6 td...Receiving 145 yards and no TD...

His tds came at 1st ,2nd and 3 and goal..And his one good game (3 tds) was vs the worse team in the league, Carolina..18 atts at goaline, 5 tds

Now go look at Jax, he only had 4 tds total but how many times at goal line did they give it to him? he only had 14 att at goaline and got 3 tds

So again tell me why Lynch IS BETTER after only one game when he had 16 other games to prove it?

Go check out their stats on yahoo.com sports page

look at the situational part, then come back and try to say Lynch was better ALL season

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a playoff game in 7 hours and we have people that feel the need to discuss a player we DONT have?

I am not bitter I am shocked people are bringing this up after "one good game"

Where were these so called experts on Lynch during the season?

Lynch for the season he had 3.7 ypc a long of 39 yards and 6 td...Receiving 145 yards and no TD...

His tds came at 1st ,2nd and 3 and goal..And his one good game (3 tds) was vs the worse team in the league, Carolina..18 atts at goaline, 5 tds

Now go look at Jax, he only had 4 tds total but how many times at goal line did they give it to him? he only had 14 att at goaline and got 3 tds

So again tell me why Lynch IS BETTER after only one game when he had 16 other games to prove it?

Go check out their stats on yahoo.com sports page

look at the situational part, then come back and try to say Lynch was better ALL season

Did you see jsonline do a write up on lynchs run last night in the packers section? Just as bad as some of the posters on here

dantastic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is about as productive of a conversation as, what would do if you won the lottery??

It's pointless. Let it go. He's gone. We missed him. Case closed.

Lock 'er up!! :)

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I knew this thread was coming...but hey like LTF said we have a game in 6.5 freaken hours!!!! Screw lynch let's go packers beat some eagle ****!!!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Right, but it's no excuse that our o-line's run blocking has been horrible and that Jackson also get's hit by 3 defenders in the back?

Have YOU seen and Packers games? If so, you would see Jackson dealt with the same circumstances Lynch did, so can we please stop with the "We should have traded for Lynch" ******** now?

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are people so hostile this is a discussion, we know where not getting lynch hes a hawk now. In that game last night lynch showed he was a good rb he broke (ALOT) of tackles. what i think alot of guys was trying to say if we had lynch do to our O-line it would have been pick your poison sorda like what we had with grant. Imo i think marshawn is better than grant more shifty and power.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Lynch is nowhere near grant. It's funny how one 67 yard run (longest of his career) makes ppl want lynch, why wasn't anyone saying this when he had 13 carries for 8 yards a couple weeks ago???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why are people so hostile this is a discussion, we know where not getting lynch hes a hawk now. In that game last night lynch showed he was a good rb he broke (ALOT) of tackles. what i think alot of guys was trying to say if we had lynch do to our O-line it would have been pick your poison sorda like what we had with grant. Imo i think marshawn is better than grant more shifty and power.

My point is this

There was about 12 game he played with Seattle?

Not one thread ( that I seen ) about him from anyone saying--- wow look at him, we should have got him...

Now after ONE and it was only one good run (GREAT RUN)

Now people come out of the wood work?? Because of ONE RUN??

If these same people were on Lynch's jock all season , okay then I get the told you so post..

He did JACK **** in Seatlte all year hell we could say since he was so **** poor, he may have COSTS us games we should have won

When I was going over his situational stats on yahoo, not only did he have more fumbles than Jackson, but on 3rd down runs?

he was 1.2 average!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Those doing the I told you so postings

Go0 to a Seahawk forum BEFORE the playoffs

See what they said about Lynch

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
remember when everyone wanted to trade hawk for lynch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts