Why didn't Rodgers tweet a special goodbye to Greg Jennings?

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, Rodgers had a tweet about it being sad to see people go.

But he has yet to tweet anything specifically mentioning Jennings' departure.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I point this out because Rodgers did take the time to send out a special tweet about Erik Walden.

He also sent out a tweet and a retweet regarding Tom Crabtree.

Did Rodgers and Jennings have a falling out? Is it because Jennings is going to the Vikings?

All I know is that Rodgers and Jennings used to be tight.

As I noted in another forum, Rodgers would attend Greg's charity functions.

So what happened?

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. I don't think that Jennings enjoyed his last season as a Packer, just judging by his body language.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard they had some friction this past season. Jennings not getting the looks in his contract yr ruffled the feathers.

OP
OP
Pacal

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might not be saying anything due to the fact that jennings big mouth sister spouted off all that trash talk and jenning didn't formerly tell her to SHUT THE F*CK UP like he should have....sticking up for your QB is important.

But in explaining what his sister said, Jennings pointed out that Rodgers understands that it wasn't him expressing frustration because Rodgers, too, has a big-mouth brother who sometimes says the wrong thing on Twitter.

Like this:

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But in explaining what his sister said, Jennings pointed out that Rodgers understands that it wasn't him expressing frustration because Rodgers, too, has a big-mouth brother who sometimes says the wrong thing on Twitter.

Like this:

that's a bit different since they're (Flac & Fitz) aren't teammates/packers. Still pretty funny though.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is everything done via tweets these days? Hopefully Rodgers talked with Jennings FACE-TO-FACE as real friends would do. If the situation arose, I'd prefer that my wife say good bye to me in person versus tweeting it out to everyone!

My first thought was about Jenning's sister too. Then again, as much as I like Rodgers and his personality in general, he's got a bit of a better-than-thou chip on his shoulders. Jennings was/is a much more friendly and family-oriented guy. If anything I'd give the benefit of doubt to Jennings being the classier one, but that's just my gut feeling.

OP
OP
Pacal

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is everything done via tweets these days? Hopefully Rodgers talked with Jennings FACE-TO-FACE as real friends would do. If the situation arose, I'd prefer that my wife say good bye to me in person versus tweeting it out to everyone!

It's not about that. It's about expressing public appreciation for somebody.

And the way to do it these days is via Twitter.

He did it for Woodson. He did it for Crabtree. He did it for Walden of all people.

He's done it for countless other Packers who've left via free agency in past offseasons.

Yet he didn't do it for Jennings.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not exactly a well-kept secret that there's some seriously over-dramatic butthurt going on in the Greg Jennings Galaxy.

I'm sure it's nothing too earth shattering. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually. And I'm sure we'll never hear boo about it because Jennings' traitor-@ss cares too much about his nice-guy image to get ugly in public. He's a good Christian, so he only gets ugly when we can't see :-/

And you know Rodgers would only ever mention specific stuff if Greg did first.

So, we can speculate. Something went down, for sure. We'll never hear about what it was; for sure.

And my mom said if I can't say anything nice, to keep my mouth shut. You can bet I'd never tweet a fond farewell to a guy who signs with a division rival. Good luck Tom, Charles, Erik.... Greg, if you finish your career in Minnesota, I hope you never win another NFL game. Not. Even. One.

LargeRon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is this Craig Jenkins guy you all are talking about? I wonder if he is friends with that Brent Faber guy that people were mad at a few years ago.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
$ and his position on the team it sure seems like.
Fans are emotionally attached to teams. Players are not. Not for the most part. For him it was a business decision. You can work at factory A making widgets for $8.00 and hour or work at factory B making $9.50 and hour. Which job do you take? His job is the same. Run routes, catch the ball, run to the big white line and cross it. $6 million a year, $8 million a year or $9 million a year? Million here, million there, pretty soon we will be talking about real money.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fans are emotionally attached to teams. Players are not. Not for the most part. For him it was a business decision. You can work at factory A making widgets for $8.00 and hour or work at factory B making $9.50 and hour. Which job do you take? His job is the same. Run routes, catch the ball, run to the big white line and cross it. $6 million a year, $8 million a year or $9 million a year? Million here, million there, pretty soon we will be talking about real money.

I don't blame him and he is far from unique in his quest to chase $.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fans are emotionally attached to teams. Players are not. Not for the most part. For him it was a business decision. You can work at factory A making widgets for $8.00 and hour or work at factory B making $9.50 and hour. Which job do you take? His job is the same. Run routes, catch the ball, run to the big white line and cross it. wish you were catching the ball, running it to the big white line and across it instead of watching hit the dirt in front of you or sail over your head instead. $6 million a year, $8 million a year or $9 million a year? Million here, million there, pretty soon we will be talking about real money.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole issue reminds me of 13-year-old girls gossiping about who texted who and who's not invited to the party. OMG!

Tbone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Players always talk about it being a "business". But it's not all business, guys want to be coveted. He obviously was irritated that he wasn't the focal point of the offense and irritated TT didn't roll out the red carpet for him. I heard him in MN on sports talk and he went on and on about how much MN wanted him and how he'd fit in there. Basically he wants to be the man, it doesn't matter who throws him the ball. Long story short, he's just like any other athlete....winning is NOT the most important thing. Which is fine, good luck in MN Gregory.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
One of my inside, inside sources just answered the question posed by this thread. Rodgers didn't tweet Jennings because he sent him a flowery Hallmark card instead. It was from their "Sad to see a teammate leave" collection, and he signed it "Love and Kisses, Aaron". And it was tear-stained. He just didn't want to go public with it.

M

mayo44

Players always talk about it being a "business". But it's not all business, guys want to be coveted. He obviously was irritated that he wasn't the focal point of the offense and irritated TT didn't roll out the red carpet for him. I heard him in MN on sports talk and he went on and on about how much MN wanted him and how he'd fit in there. Basically he wants to be the man, it doesn't matter who throws him the ball. Long story short, he's just like any other athlete....winning is NOT the most important thing. Which is fine, good luck in MN Gregory.

Nonsense. It's because MN chose to over-pay him. If TT had offered him more money than they did, he would have signed here.

Members online

Latest posts