Why did Denver build a team around Elway...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
but Green Bay has refused (or been unable) to build one around Favre?

Would like to know what y'all think?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
but Green Bay has refused (or been unable) to build one around Favre?

Would like to know what y'all think?

Because they were cheating. It's pretty easy to build a winner when you don't follow the salary cap rules and all it costs you is a 3rd round draft pick.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was such ********...a mere slap on the wrist for egregious violations of the salary cap.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what everyone else just wrote.

Joe Johnson, Terry Glenn, paying a lot for a dominant offensive line, Hardy Nickerson, etc. were all part of an attempt to put together a winning team for Brett. On paper, they were preseason picks to win the SB by many accounts in 2002 but some of those moves just didn't work out.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You Know what I think Pack66 " They should be trying there dambest to do this for Brett on this off season and make him well aware of it". I still think Brett is the best thing for this team as long as he wants to play but if the organization doesn't do this for him, then they don't deserve to keep him and we all suffer. Just my Opinion.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
They actually built the team around Davis and the offensive line....not Elway.

You are right. The Broncos had become a running team by then and Davis was dominating the games. Elway was not asked to be the franchise player anymore and it all worked out for them. A smart move that got them 2 rings.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah..but Elway still had some good receivers to throw to....as well...

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Yeah..but Elway still had some good receivers to throw to....as well...

A lot of teams would have good receivers to throw to if they had the Broncos O-Line and TD in the backfield...playaction does wonders when a defense has to respect it.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Right ND..

sort of would explain some of the difficulties Favre had this year..now wouldn't it...?

nah..it's better to blame him and say he lost it...like Phil does to rile the Packers fans..

go home little Philly..your momma's callin' ya...and you're not wanted here...

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
66...we agree on something!!!! Let's drink a beer and celebrate!

Not having a respectable running game is definitely "part" of Favre's difficulties, but not all...

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Right ND..

sort of would explain some of the difficulties Favre had this year..now wouldn't it...?

nah..it's better to blame him and say he lost it...like Phil does to rile the Packers fans..

go home little Philly..your momma's callin' ya...and you're not wanted here...

Blah blah blah.....I believe that it is the Packer fans that you speak of who are saying that Favre has lost it. I only said that he will eventually retire no matter how much you hold your breath and hope for him to play forever.
Once again, go back and look at the hottest topic on this board.
I have not started a single thread about Favre retireing, losing it, being traded, or costing the Packers a game all year.
This is Ryan's site and if he wants me off I am sure that he will boot me without asking for your aproval. Why don't you start your own site where you are the only one who can comment?
"The world acording to p@ck66" or maybe "crushonfavre.com"
:p

Members online

Latest posts