OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It never happens where you pay a guy more and he will come

~~~

for the Titans on Sunday evening. The Patriots signed the receiver Tennessee really wanted, Donte' Stallworth.

The Titans offered him more guaranteed money and more average per year than New England did, but the Patriots got him because they're a better team with a better quarterback right now.

~~~

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/03/11/mmqb/1.html

Uhhh Patriots vs. Titans.......hmmmmmm

Now lets look at Griffith Raiders vs. Packers......a little different

If you want to use that theory than it's fair to say that Stallworth wanted to go to a team who actually cares about improving with FA. As the topic on the main forum page states, the Titans were doing nothing.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
you missed my point...

money cant always bring guys here RIGHT NOW...

It probably could have happened 4 years ago, but right now even if the PAckers offer more its still hard for them to get guys to sign

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 reason. EGO. Every NFL player knows that they are the best at what they do. Some markets are so diluted with other teams, sports, entertainment that the NFL ego is diluted. Green Bay is hungry for another trophy. We are young and wide open for competition at the postitions. If I want to make a name for myself while showcasing my talents, why not do it center staged in Green Bay, the most storied franchise in football, where football is the main event and so are the Packers.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all we do get several FA's to sign here including a high number of players that we retain by resigning to new contracts.

IMO the fact that many players want to STAY in GB is testimony of what is going on here more so than a player that has never played here opting to play somewhere else. Walker wanted out but aside from a very few players the majority, including A. Green, Hendo, and guys that played here for years really want to stay.

I would be much more concerned about what's going on if our own players showed a greater desire to jump ship than a FA looking for the best deal he can make.

The early signings are all about the cash. Very few opt for less because of who it is they can play for. A few but very few opt for the team vs. the money. Especially thru the first 10 days or so. That's money time.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's face it money always speaks first.
One advantage in GB is GB IS the Packers. You become a hero just by putting on the jersey and I still believe to some players (Hawk) traditioin counts for something. In the end though usually money runs everything unless a player sees more playing time or wants to play close to home. Of course we could always get God to trick a few more players into coming here. I'm sure he was laughing when Reggie fell for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts