Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, because starting guards take pay cuts.

you provided the link. can you read. you were so happy about finding a link that the guy took a paycut, you never even followed up on the story. you proved my point. thank you. maybe TT should have offered the guy a deal.
he plays hurt, plays more than 1 position, and takes a pay cut. why would you want a guy like that on your team. maybe if the packers still had a guy like this, they wouldn't ask a vet of 17 years to change his style of play!
thanks again for helping me prove my point.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
About Wahle.
Okay. I was on my way to get Madden '07. First stop was ... of course Wal Mart. Walked around, stalked a **** fine lady, until she noticed and went to the femmy section. Drifted over to electronics where I found the xbox, ps2 etc versions. No where could I find the PC version. I called the other Walmart they didn't have it either.

While driving home ward, I changed direction, due to the heavy traffic towards Best Buy.

Turned on the radio to listen to the fan for the long haul. (15 minutes).

I hear Chris Havel and Harry Sydney talking about cap. Then I hear another voice. It's Andrew Brandt.

Chris asks how the cap is and things like that. Then asks about getting certain players and if its frustrating when you don't have the cap space.

Andrew replied with. You never don't have the cap space, you always can make room. Remember, Joe Johnson? We wanted him but didn't have the space, so we made space. It can always be done. The same can be said about Wahle and Rivera. (this part i quote) "The fact is, we had more cap space than the teams that signed each Rivera and Wahle" He then said it was a decision... A DECISION to NOT retain/resign/restructure the contracts for Wahle and Rivera.

Most of that is basically word for word, however I was so ticked off at traffic (I wanted to get home and post this asap to own up to, well you'll see later) that I can't recall every detail.

This is words straight from the Packers cap man. I trust his word over Wahles word and Rivera's word which I was previously basing my opinion off of.

I was wrong when I said we did not have the cap room to sign either of those players.

Recap, the Packers COULD have signed Wahle and/or Rivera but made a DECISION to let them sign else where.
Andrew's reasoning for that was because the Packers did not want to get into a bargaining war over either player.

For those who I chastised and was rude to about this issue, I apologize.

http://packerforum.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=posting&mode=quote&p=94148

Wahle is not a hasbeen or washed up or bad. He's still a good Guard.

And NO having Wahle on the team would not change the style that Mike McCarthy wants his team quarterbacked by. He has preached decision making and intelligent throws since day one. It has nothing to do with the OL. It has everything to do with his style of offense he coaches.

Wahle is good, but he's not freaking God and Ted already admitted he made a mistake by NOT resigning him.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing the Packers Staff like about Brandon Jackson IS his burst.

haha that is the word straight from their mouth, i remember them saying that. no burst haha.

and yes Mike Wahle is still a good guard... but believe me i watch him play live all the time... hes nothing we dont have in Spitz ALREADY, much less colledge.

TT did not make the mistake in cutting Wahle, he made the mistake of not having a more prepared offensive line going into last season thats it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
-Brandon Jackson-does not have the burst

How did Brandon Jackson do?
Brandon Jackson - I thought we got him going there in the third quarter. I don't know if he had a whole lot of running room frankly in the first two quarters. I think he showed what he's capable of doing. He has excellent burst and quickness. He is definitely a threat when he gets to the second level. I thought he had some nice runs. I thought he played physical. From what I've seen, I thought he did a pretty good job in the pass protection, so he's a young man that needs to play

Source Link

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Read the Rotoworld quote again... restructed contract with NO PAY CUT.... all it was is a cap relief thing for the Panthers...

Sorry... just had to point it out.. go back to dueling it out with DH....

I say bring Pyle back too!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Yeah, he has no burst. None at all. Actually, he's the slowest Rb I've ever seen in my life. Good call.

-Aaron Rouse-might start at SS, remains to be seen
:chalflag:
No, he won't. He's a free safety. The fact that you can't figure this concept out....yeah...good luck with that.

:rotflmao: nice link
again it proves my point. you see Brandon being run down on play after play. not breaking one for 70 yards.

dude let me explain something. Rouse is 6-4 230lb SS here is a link
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=11781
SS means Strong Saftey, which means he will be playing on the Strong side, over the TE. and usually, the SS is the QB of the defense, which means he is the guy calling formations. which collins, athletic as he is, is not smart enough to be the QB of the defense.
i need to stop making you look silly. it is to easy. I'm going fishing. something us Wisconsinites enjoy year round.

thanks for all your jokes and for all the laughs i got ffrom this little chat
GO Packers
please TT prove me wrong in 2007

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Read the Rotoworld quote again... restructed contract with NO PAY CUT.... all it was is a cap relief thing for the Panthers...

all that guy did was prove my point . that was great. hook, line, sinker, he took it all
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
dhpackr said:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Yeah, he has no burst. None at all. Actually, he's the slowest Rb I've ever seen in my life. Good call.

-Aaron Rouse-might start at SS, remains to be seen
:chalflag:
No, he won't. He's a free safety. The fact that you can't figure this concept out....yeah...good luck with that.

:rotflmao: nice link
again it proves my point. you see Brandon being run down on play after play. not breaking one for 70 yards.

dude let me explain something. Rouse is 6-4 230lb SS here is a link
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=11781
SS means Strong Saftey, which means he will be playing on the Strong side, over the TE. and usually, the SS is the QB of the defense, which means he is the guy calling formations. which collins, athletic as he is, is not smart enough to be the QB of the defense.
i need to stop making you look silly. it is to easy. I'm going fishing. something us Wisconsinites enjoy year round.

thanks for all your jokes and for all the laughs i got ffrom this little chat
GO Packers
please TT prove me wrong in 2007

Pack93z said:
tromadz said:

all that guy did was prove my point . that was great. hook, line, sinker, he took it all
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

dhpackr said:

Brandon Jackson - I thought we got him going there in the third quarter. I don't know if he had a whole lot of running room frankly in the first two quarters. I think he showed what he's capable of doing. He has excellent burst and quickness. He is definitely a threat when he gets to the second level. I thought he had some nice runs. I thought he played physical. From what I've seen, I thought he did a pretty good job in the pass protection, so he's a young man that needs to play

Source Link

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh you got me there, I was still thinking about this beautiful nugget of dumb.

-Nick Collins-might have a breakout season, will never play SS, can not be QB of defense and call plays, not intellegent enough, but very athletic.

My bad, I said the wrong guys name.

Collins will never play SS. Favre will never play Defensive Tackle either. Want to go out on another limb? Aaron Kampman won't play WR? You sure? No?

And if that video footage proved you were right about BJack, well...I think the men in white coats are going to be coming to your house soon, because you're crazy. (oh, but he didnt break a 99 yard touchdown, so he's slow. lol. RIIIIGHT!)

Mike McCarthy:He has excellent burst and quickness.

But what does he know? He's only the coach of the team. He isn't the all-knowing dhpackr...

As you can see by me confusing your stupid Collins comment with your stupid Rouse comment, I can not handle all of your stupidity. I apologize. Your nonsense has given me a headache. I'm out for now. Be back later to see what other ridiculous crap you've spouted off. I look forward to reading that Cullen Jenkins won't be our kick returner.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Andrew's words are being taken out of context. To finish what he was saying would be "at the expense of losing other players". You don't just turn over a rock and say "look, more cap money".

The way they keep Wahle is to look down the list, cross out a player or two making the money you need for Wahle, and replacing those guys with minimum wage players. YES. There is ALWAYS a way to make room.

You could also go to a big money contract guy like Favre and ask to re-do but unfortunately not long before then they went there and done that.

If you look at the remnants of the '04 team going into '05 we were very well stocked with players being paid the minimum. From that comes Ron Wolf's famous statement about "Europe" quality players on our roster.

We were, at that time, paying an INSANE amount of salary cap money to players not even on our team. Do you make a decision to "make room" for a player under those conditions?

Because of poor decisions on players we were top heavy with guys that could not even contribute to this team from a backup standpoint. When TT came into the Wahle deal was it unwise to not "make room" for Wahle which would compound the problems we had up and down the roster?

Realistically, we may have had the least depth of any team in the NFL. I could not name a backup player on that team I would want to see in a football game.

We had a hell of a lot more probems then whether or not to keep Wahle. ALL the decisions made from that point on to assure of getting the cap in order has resulted in a much stronger team all the way around today.

You can bet your butt when TT came in here it was MANDATED to get the cap in order and put some football players on this roster.

As far as I am concerned he's done a great job of doing just that. Yes, we very well could have continued to slip in the mud and "make room" for one player.

Sooner or later you got to pay the piper.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just wanna take a quick second and thank the moderators for not stopping this.

Im laughing my *** off over here.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
i just wanna take a quick second and thank the moderators for not stopping this.

Im laughing my *** off over here.

LOL... better than the movies... hopefully it last til tonight... I will talk the misses into watching this rather than going out to the movies ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh you got me there, I was still thinking about this beautiful nugget of dumb.

dhpackr said:
-Nick Collins-might have a breakout season, will never play SS, can not be QB of defense and call plays, not intellegent enough, but very athletic.

My bad, I said the wrong guys name.

Collins will never play SS. Favre will never play Defensive Tackle either. Want to go out on another limb? Aaron Kampman won't play WR? You sure? No?

And if that video footage proved you were right about BJack, well...I think the men in white coats are going to be coming to your house soon, because you're crazy. (oh, but he didnt break a 99 yard touchdown, so he's slow. lol. RIIIIGHT!)

Mike McCarthy:He has excellent burst and quickness.

But what does he know? He's only the coach of the team. He isn't the all-knowing dhpackr...

As you can see by me confusing your stupid Collins comment with your stupid Rouse comment, I can not handle all of your stupidity. I apologize. Your nonsense has given me a headache. I'm out for now. Be back later to see what other ridiculous crap you've spouted off. I look forward to reading that Cullen Jenkins won't be our kick returner.

:rotflmao: it just doesn't stop w/you. sorry, if you missed the point kid. i'll spell it out.
in case you missed watching packer games the last few years, SS is one of the weakest positions on the Packers. When Nick collins was first drafted, there was talk of him being a candidate for SS. He could not remember all the plays, and was then installed as a Free Saftey.

Now if you want to compare me saying that a guy can't play SS, but he can play FS, when the strong position is the weakest spot on the team. If you say that is the same as Cullen Jenkins is our kick returner, then talk about all my stupidity, you do need a straght jacket son.

and the coach talking about a guys burst when playing a 3rd string defense, 'cmon
let's see b-jacks speed in dec in Lambeau in the 4th quarter OK

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would also like to add that the "other teams that had no more cap money" does not in any way mean that they were in the freaking financial disaster we were in at that time.

Not having significant cap dollars does not mean you literally pissed away millions of dollars on stupid deals and are in no position to make this a win without losing somewhere else.

I can about guarantee that Wahle left to a team with a WAY DIFFERENT situation both money wise and talent wise at that time. They might have even had more than one good player at a positon they could afford to let go of. Now gee, wouldn't that have been nice.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and the coach talking about a guys burst when playing a 3rd string defense, 'cmon
let's see b-jacks speed in dec in Lambeau in the 4th quarter OK

I'm sorry, but isn't Jackson playing 1's, 2's, and 3's in practice? Either you forgot that the coaches get to watch players while they practice (not just in televised games like you and I get to see) or you're just reaching.

whatever the arguments about Collins, he's set for a breakout season, you can't argue about him being a bad player. So what if he doesn't play SS? Expecting him to because it's a weakness on the same as expecting Brett Favre to play there. I'm not getting your argument there.

Aside from that, why does Favre have to have ProBowlers surrounding him to be successful? Tom Brady had jacksquat the last few years, and he's still managed to avoid going .500 on his TD/INT rate. He somehow led his team to 3 SB victories. Wierd, but I can't remember him crying about not having receivers, or calling out the guys (Deion Branch) who could help him, but were holding out.

All this adoration for Brett, and yet no accountability. The guy is REGRESSING. It's a natural occurance for people who age, but most don't blame thier employers for it. Let's stop crying about TT's inadequacies and just admit that our hero is no longer keeping up with the rest of league.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been fun watching DH get his butt handed to him and continue to think that he's right. Thanks for making my Friday Trom.

Btw, back to the original topic: McCarthy has been trying to hold Favre accountable to managing the game better since McCarthy got here. This is nothing new, and not news to Brett. So if Brett is a sour-**** about something, that's Brett's problem.

I hope that our offense has enough opportunity to let him play smart football.

Judging by the first few series of the Pittsburgh game, our first string receivers were gaining ZERO separation from first string defense. This is an oddity that has been going on in GB for too long now. Rare is our wide open receiver... I'd like to see more of that, and our QB would too.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said,
Aside from that, why does Favre have to have ProBowlers surrounding him to be successful? Tom Brady had jacksquat the last few years, and he's still managed to avoid going .500 on his TD/INT rate. He somehow led his team to 3 SB victories. Wierd, but I can't remember him crying about not having receivers, or calling out the guys (Deion Branch) who could help him, but were holding out.

All this adoration for Brett, and yet no accountability. The guy is REGRESSING. It's a natural occurance for people who age, but most don't blame thier employers for it. Let's stop crying about TT's inadequacies and just admit that our hero is no longer keeping up with the rest of league.

I guess you don't have a very good memory Pack_in_Black, but I remember Tom Brady *****ing on National TV about Deion Branch holding out, and then also after he left.

One thing you also forget to mention that Tom Brady has that Favre doesn't. A running game, and a damn good one too. Oh, let's not forget an excellent offensive line and defense as well! :rotflmao:

I think that helps the QB in the passing game a little, don't you PIB?

But I guess it's easier for you (or more comfortable maybe) to blame the QB of your team for the glaring personnel deficiencies that exist. After all, we know Favre is the guy picking these guys and signing their checks, isn't he? . :thumbsup:

Oh, and guess what New England went out and did this year for Tom Brady?

They signed him a pro-bowler in the person of Randy Moss (as well as some other WR help), because he went and *****ed to the front office.

But don't attack the Golden Boy Tom Brady when there's a much more convenient scapegoat and object of your hatred and derision in Green Bay, and that would be Brett Favre. :whippin: :whippin: :whippin:

Damn that Favre for making Ted Thompson look so bad! :noflame:

I thought you rooted for Packer players?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Source Link

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess you don't have a very good memory Pack_in_Black, but I remember Tom Brady *****ing on National TV about Deion Branch holding out, and then also after he left.

One thing you also forget to mention that Tom Brady has that Favre doesn't. A running game, and a damn good one too. Oh, let's not forget an excellent offensive line and defense as well! :rotflmao:

I think that helps the QB in the passing game a little, don't you PIB?

But I guess it's easier for you (or more comfortable maybe) to blame the QB of your team for the glaring personnel deficiencies that exist. After all, we know Favre is the guy picking these guys and signing their checks, isn't he? . :thumbsup:

Oh, and guess what New England went out and did this year for Tom Brady?

They signed him a pro-bowler in the person of Randy Moss (as well as some other WR help), because he went and *****ed to the front office.

But don't attack the Golden Boy Tom Brady when there's a much more convenient scapegoat and object of your hatred and derision in Green Bay, and that would be Brett Favre. :whippin: :whippin: :whippin:

Damn that Favre for making Ted Thompson look so bad! :noflame:

I thought you rooted for Packer players?

Wow. So many generalities, assumptiions, and false statements, I don't even know where to begin!

First, I do root for Packer players. They just get on my nerves when they consistently degrade the talent currently on the roster, and second-guess managements moves through the media.

Who said anything about me being anti-anyone? I love Brett. Honestly, he is a childhood hero for me. The person who has looked the worst in this whole organization so far is probably Brett. Declining performance, crotchity attitude, and so on.

Brady NEVER bad-talked Branch. He mentioned wanting to get a deal done for both the team's and Deion's sake. Never said that he should play out the contract he agreed to, or anything like that. He was a team leader by doing things like befriending his co-players. He said specifically that he and Branch were texting each other, keeping in touch. Doubt that's ever been the case with Brett & anyone in the last 3-4 years.

Yeah, Brady went and *****ed to the front office. NOT THE MEDIA. That's the difference.

Brady's defense is good. Sherman's was sh**. TT has rebuilt it.

OK, I gotta get back to work.

Reaction score
Well I hope members have vented at the opposing opinions long enough, and we can get back to discussing more important things (how the Packers look in tomorrow nights game).

In the end, we ALL (everyone that does AND does not support TT) want the Packers to win, and win now. Let's just leave it at that. Ted has made mistakes, and will continue to do so (no one is perfect). Let's just hope his mistakes are few and far in between.

Here's to a injury free game tomorrow, where the starters do better than last Saturday. :beer:

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts