Why cant we do this too

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
gopackgo said:
With Moss we would be at least 11-0 right now, but instead we are a crappy 5-1.

:roll:

I know that for some people, 3-0, 4-1, 5-1 is the highlight of their football season. But some of us look ahead to what will happen in the playoffs. With Moss, we are favorites to represent the NFC, without him, we have 1/3 chance at best. Giants are coming on, Hogs are good, Cowboys are excellent and the Bears are creeping up on us. Not to mention TB.

You totally missed my point. We don't have Moss no matter how much anyone wants it. If you want to talk playoffs with this team, talk about the players we HAVE not players we WANT.

I could be wrong but I believe he's saying that with Moss and the players we currently have, the Packers would be the favorites to go to the Super Bowl.

Though I really don't care about being the favorites. I just want to see GB in the playoffs and doing something for once but I don't think anyone can deny that with Moss the Packers would be more dangerous of a team.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
You totally missed my point. Your unfunny joke does not dismiss the fact that management dropped the ball this offseason and it will hurt our season at some point.

Whatever. I think Moss would be a help, but not tremendous help. You think he gives us a ticket to the Super Bowl. It is beating a dead horse on a subject that neither of us really knows what could have happened.

Your original question was why can they run up 35-7? I believe since they were in shotgun the Miami defense believed they were going to pass. Especially since Brady had thrown for 4 TD's at that point.

Although you talk as the Patriots were running up and down Miami. They only had 84 total rushing yards with multiple backs.

Also Miami has the statistically 31st ranked defense in the league when it comes to the run.

OP
OP
D

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
You totally missed my point. Your unfunny joke does not dismiss the fact that management dropped the ball this offseason and it will hurt our season at some point.

Whatever. I think Moss would be a help, but not tremendous help. You think he gives us a ticket to the Super Bowl. It is beating a dead horse on a subject that neither of us really knows what could have happened.

Your original question was why can they run up 35-7? I believe since they were in shotgun the Miami defense believed they were going to pass. Especially since Brady had thrown for 4 TD's at that point.

Although you talk as the Patriots were running up and down Miami. They only had 84 total rushing yards with multiple backs.

Also Miami has the statistically 31st ranked defense in the league when it comes to the run.

No response? I thought those were decent stats.

Whats there to say? I still think we would be more succesful using the shotgun heavily. I dont understand what having good offensive lineman in New England allows them to do it.

The whole reason we should do it is because we are having O-line issues. It would help the O-line out keeping it simple. it would help Brett out giving him that extra second to look over the field. It would help our rb's out since being in the passing formation would attract pass rush by the defense and leave some holes open for them to run through on draw plays. That style of offense can help us out more than it can hurt us at least in the short term or in some spots.

I mean if we go up against a team with good defensive tackles who are gonna get good pass rush and push back our lineman and give us no running room, i'd rather see us in the shotgun and keep them far away from Favre and give him more time to look over the field.

Honestly, if we are in 3 wide sets against a decent defense, they know its a pass anyway so being in normal formation does nothing but mess up our timing, makes Brett have to run back instead of having the ball in his hands already with an idea of where he wants to go with the ball and put undue pressure on the O-line. Let them sit upright in pass block stances on every play. Get the tight ends and rb's out in the flats and underneath as outlets in case there is pressure. Do alot of no-huddle so the defense cant substitute. I think it will work like a charm. Buffalo Bills went to 4 superbowls playing just like that.

When do the Packers have their best drives? 2 minute drills when Favre is in the shotgun. You know why? Read what i just wrote.

Please read the whole thing. Its annoying when people take one line out of the comment and attack you.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Whats there to say? I still think we would be more succesful using the shotgun heavily. I dont understand what having good offensive lineman in New England allows them to do it.

The whole reason we should do it is because we are having O-line issues. It would help the O-line out keeping it simple. it would help Brett out giving him that extra second to look over the field. It would help our rb's out since being in the passing formation would attract pass rush by the defense and leave some holes open for them to run through on draw plays. That style of offense can help us out more than it can hurt us at least in the short term or in some spots.

I mean if we go up against a team with good defensive tackles who are gonna get good pass rush and push back our lineman and give us no running room, i'd rather see us in the shotgun and keep them far away from Favre and give him more time to look over the field.

Honestly, if we are in 3 wide sets against a decent defense, they know its a pass anyway so being in normal formation does nothing but mess up our timing, makes Brett have to run back instead of having the ball in his hands already with an idea of where he wants to go with the ball and put undue pressure on the O-line. Let them sit upright in pass block stances on every play. Get the tight ends and rb's out in the flats and underneath as outlets in case there is pressure. Do alot of no-huddle so the defense cant substitute. I think it will work like a charm. Buffalo Bills went to 4 superbowls playing just like that.

When do the Packers have their best drives? 2 minute drills when Favre is in the shotgun. You know why? Read what i just wrote.

Please read the whole thing. Its annoying when people take one line out of the comment and attack you.

My last post was in no way meant as an attack. I am sorry if you took it as such.

I do not think we need to adjust to protect Favre. We are currently in the middle of sacks allowed, and as time goes on I think that line will come together. And when a team like ours passes the ball so much, we are bound to have more sacks than a team that runs the ball more. Also our center has been hurt.

I agree we do need to find a way to get the RB's some yards, and running more of a shotgun formation could help. As far as doing well in the two minute drill, that is on Favre finding receivers and the fact that our passing game is so potent.

My initial reaction was what it was because I saw no connection between what the Pats did that game and what our running game could benefit from.

OP
OP
D

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

My last post was in no way meant as an attack. I am sorry if you took it as such.

I do not think we need to adjust to protect Favre. We are currently in the middle of sacks allowed, and as time goes on I think that line will come together. And when a team like ours passes the ball so much, we are bound to have more sacks than a team that runs the ball more. Also our center has been hurt.

I agree we do need to find a way to get the RB's some yards, and running more of a shotgun formation could help. As far as doing well in the two minute drill, that is on Favre finding receivers and the fact that our passing game is so potent.

My initial reaction was what it was because I saw no connection between what the Pats did that game and what our running game could benefit from.

Oh yea, i wasnt talking about rb production as much as just a more potent offensive product. I dont think it will help our run game out, just allow us to have a little more balance. Its not like being in the shotgun would help us on a 4th and 1 when we want to pound it in there.

Just seemed to me like all our 2 minute drills get us huge chunks of yards almost every time and points most of the time too. Might work, might not and we can scrap it if it doesnt. I agree, i think our pass protection has been a little above average.

Thanks for not attacking me :beer:

OP
OP
D

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

I knew the coaching staff read the boards. Good job of listening to me MM. Now we have a potent offense and a legit shot to make the superbowl :)

The only question is when do i get my paycheck?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
de_real_deal said:

I knew the coaching staff read the boards. Good job of listening to me MM. Now we have a potent offense and a legit shot to make the superbowl :)

If you get a paycheck, I should too. I was yelling "Go for it!" at the t.v. on that first 4th down. I know MM was thinking of punting, but when he heard me say "Go for it!", he reconsidered.

OP
OP
D

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you get a paycheck, I should too. I was yelling "Go for it!" at the t.v. on that first 4th down. I know MM was thinking of punting, but when he heard me say "Go for it!", he reconsidered.

Xactly, when do we get ours

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i woudlnt mind the patriots if they didnt have to cheat to win.....with that talent and to stil cheat is disgusting, belichek is weak and has no soul

OP
OP
D

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
de_real_deal said:

WHERE'S MY DAMN PAYCHECK!!!

Figured since everyone is bringing up old posts i'll bring up this one :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts