1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why Brett Really Came Back

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by TOPackerFan, Aug 14, 2006.

1. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

May 5, 2006
    On the original article - which was very interesting (thanks TOP) - sure Phil Simms deserves a lot of credit!

But did you also notice the excellent advice Brett got from Mike Sherman?!?! 8)

2. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Mar 10, 2006
    So about a round worth of players on Day 2 did something. Let's compare some of those to current Packers.

Montgomery 15 tackles and 1 sack and 7 assist. If your going to mention LB's like Pat Thomas who put up 12 tackles, then Montgomery should have his name in the hat as well.

Brady Poppinga 23 tackles before he got hurt.

Marvel Underwood played in 15 games and made 27 tackles. That's another name that can be thrown into the hat.

If some of those stats count as contributing, then those 3 deserve too be in there as well.

Bills, Jets, Falcons, Bears, Vikings, Jaguars, Cowboys, Titans, Rams and Packers if you include the 3 above all had more than one guy who "contributed" last season.

About 10 out of 32 teams. Maybe a couple more teams so let’s round up and say about half the league. Of the teams I named above only 2 made the playoffs and 4 picked in the top 10.

Out of those guys I'd say maybe 10 made a difference with their teams. The rest played as subs just like the Packers and most are still currently backups.

Right now I would say Poppinga, Underwood, Montgomery, and Collins were all pretty decent picks. All are still on the team and all are the top backups with Collins being a starter and Poppinga potentially have the best shot of the other 3 of starting as well. All will last more than 2 years here and likely be on this roster for another year after this.. In the end it’ll all come down to Aaron Rodgers. I think everyone whether you hate the class or still believe the jury is still out on the class, can agree with that.
  3. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Apr 18, 2006
    It's like watching dumb and dumber, only this isn't funny.....