Why are you a fan?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JULES!!!! LOLOL!!! I guess you meant no local teams WORTH supporting! :wink:
Thats a great story about your Dad! He was an amazing man, and had an amazing daughter!!! You BOTH were blessed!!! :wink:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't get to see Lambeau field till i was in my 20's! Even though i only lived 2 hours from it. I still remember the first time i saw it........i was driving, and i had to pull over to the side of the road. I was SHAKING! I felt i was on hallowed ground!

Noisey Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I didn't get to see Lambeau field till i was in my 20's! Even though i only lived 2 hours from it. I still remember the first time i saw it........i was driving, and i had to pull over to the side of the road. I was SHAKING! I felt i was on hallowed ground!
I have ben a fan since 93 and went to my first game in12/13/ 01 Packers Browns we won! :D

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It started in 1956.
My best friends parents had Packer season tickets and when they came back from Green Bay always talked about the Packers. Plus they had the only TV in the neighborhood and the Packers were the only team that were on on Sundays. Everyone went to their house to watch the away games and they threw quite a party.
Everyone in Ishpeming was a Packer fan because when they were having financial difficulties, the big banker in town forced all the business men to buy Packer stock and season tickets. Ishpeming has been awash in tickets ever since. It would be a rare time when you couldn't get a ticket.
From 1968-1973 my buddies and I went to every Packer home game whether it was in Milwaukee or Green Bay.
We used to cram 10 guys into one room at the old Northland Hotel. That was where the opposing teams stayed also so we got to meet alot of the opposing players and coaches.
My favorite opposing coach during that time was Abe Gibron of the Chicago Bears.
He was very entertaining and always had a following of georgeous young women around him.

My wife (who didn't know a football from a golf ball when we got married) and my 3 kids are all now die hard Packer fans. I think even my dog is secretly a Packer fan.

Green Bay is only 3 hours away so we always get down there for training camp, family night and a pre season game or a regular season game.

I could have tickets for almost every home game but it is prohibitively expensive to do that with the whole family.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great story Yooper!!!
I always like to read about the "old" days! It means you have been through the good, AND bad times, and remained loyal!

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Great story Yooper!!!
I always like to read about the "old" days! It means you have been through the good, AND bad times, and remained loyal!

lol wtf for a minute there I thought that was a post I made myself but didn't remember, because that was just what I thought and my avatar :p

Leelee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was 10 when the Ice Bowl happened and it was the first game I watched. That was a game to hook you for life!

My whole family watched the games. We all still laugh about the time a touchdown was scored and my sister yelled, "A home run!"

During the stinking 70's my grandma used to make me walk aroung the block when I started swearing at the t.v. during the games.

In the 80's I married a guy from Baltimore who had just lost his team. We moved to Green Bay for awhile and he is now as big a fan as me!

For the past 15 years I have been a Packer fan because of Brett. Love him
and am super grateful for how he pulled our team out of mediocrity to an eleite team for so long. When he leaves, it will never be the same.

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm blaming it all on my parents. My Dad was a sales rep for Fiberglas at the time and his "beat" included Green Bay. I went along on some of his summer excursions and he made me watch the practices which used to be out behind the Brown County Arena. I was more interested in skating and chasing the chicks in the area ice rink, but one day up there I met Bart Starr in his rookie year at practice. The rest is history. His company had season tickets for the Milwaukee games and I went to more than I can count. Then we got season tickets to Lambeau and they are still in the family.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gee......i don't feel so bad.........i think i'm around 24,000 on the waiting list! Of course, i'm ALOT older then you gopack!!! I won't LIVE long enough to ever see "my" tickets.
I can just see it...........opening mail on my deathbed......."I got my seasons tick........" and i'm gone! LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I told my wife i wanted my ashes spread over Lambeau Field.........but now seeing that guy fined for throwing his Mom's ashes on a football field, maybe i'll just have her throw me in one of the "Hot ash" cans the fans use for tailgating in the parking lot!!! :lol:

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yooper - how can you tell if your dog is a Packer fan? I think mine is a Steeler fan but my wife may have gotten to her first... :-?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
JULES!!!! LOLOL!!! I guess you meant no local teams WORTH supporting! :wink:
Thats a great story about your Dad! He was an amazing man, and had an amazing daughter!!! You BOTH were blessed!!! :wink:

Not like all of those powerhouse teams in Wisconsin eh?

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackinSteel said:
Yooper - how can you tell if your dog is a Packer fan? I think mine is a Steeler fan but my wife may have gotten to her first... :-?
One day my Packer flag got blown down by the wind unbeknownst to me.

I went outside to call the dog in and she was laying on it. I think she may have saved it from blowing completely away. Now that is dedication.

Besides she has a Packer collar and leash.

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Those are some GREAT stories! (even the one that was made up by Matressell!!LOL!)
I have a Packer tatoo on my right forearm. I got it BEFORE the Packers went to Super Bowl 31! August of 96 was my 15th wedding anniversary, and my wife asked me what i wanted, and i told her a Packer Tatoo. So i have the "G" on my arm.

:thumbsup: :pals: :bow: :bow:

All I need to say, cheesey!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
skibum55 said:
cheesey said:
Those are some GREAT stories! (even the one that was made up by Matressell!!LOL!)
I have a Packer tatoo on my right forearm. I got it BEFORE the Packers went to Super Bowl 31! August of 96 was my 15th wedding anniversary, and my wife asked me what i wanted, and i told her a Packer Tatoo. So i have the "G" on my arm.

:thumbsup: :pals: :bow: :bow:

All I need to say, cheesey!!

LOLOLOL!!! SKIBUM!!!
"Discover Wisconsin" (The TV show on public TV) wanted to film me getting the tatoo..........but things got messed up and we couldn't connect on a time and date. I got tired of waiting for them, and so i went and got it done. I wanted it well before the season was over, so i just couldn't wait!
But it WAS on TV (with me) the night of the Super Bowl, as we came out of the Milwaukee Auditorium. They had a 10 foot screen showing it live. Channel 12 out of Milwaukee was there, and filmed me and my tatoo. It was pretty neat!

Members online

Latest posts