Why are people forgetting we were up 9-7 at halftime?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
We were lucky to be winning at halftime, it should have been 21 - 9 Eagles at least, Buckhalter had two fumbles within the 5 yard line. And those two fumbles were on him.

Ah...one of the fumbles we gave right back and they scored. The best you could give 'em was 14 by half. Fumbles by the goal line do happen though. Ask Philly, they ran one back last week for almost 100 yards.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
GakkofNorway said:
We were lucky to be winning at halftime, it should have been 21 - 9 Eagles at least, Buckhalter had two fumbles within the 5 yard line. And those two fumbles were on him.

really i thought it shoulda been 13-7 packers, if DD coulda caught that pass in the endzone.

buckhalters 2nd fumble was cuz woodson stripped him...
the first one was buckhalter just sucking...

why downplay the good things the packers players\coaches do? I dont get it.

Because they got thier arses handed to them 31-9 and you want to talk about the "good first half"..........amazing!

To bad the game is 4 quarters huh? To bad we couldn't muster anything more than 3 FG's and to bad we gave up 31 points. This team stinks!

What is wrong with that? They did play well the first half, why does everything have to be negative on this site? We played well the first half, the Eagles had trouble. Then we were exposed in the second half...

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry Ryan, I like to win and saying we played well in the first half when the final score is 31-9 is a slap in the face. We didn't even muster a score! That is honestly sad. You guys can keep getting excited over little stuff. We could lose 85-3 and people would be on here talking about "how great the FG was"

I don't like it, sorry. It is truly a loser mentality. When you have to find "moral victories" it's because you have lost. I just hope the boys in the locker room don't think like this because if they do, they will never strive to improve.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No disrespect, but even after our win in Detroit, there were plenty of people who said "it's just Detroit". Positive people will continue to be that. Positive. We could win 85-3 and and people would be on here talking about "how awful we looked on that FG drive".

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
No disrespect, but even after our win in Detroit, there were plenty of people who said "it's just Detroit". Positive people will continue to be that. Positive. We could win 85-3 and and people would be on here talking about "how awful we looked on that FG drive".

Yeah good point with Detroit being just Detroit. No team is a push over in the NFL.

tonytokes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not to mention the eagles did one of the most statistically unlikely things ever by fumbling twice inside the packers' five...

come on... no one cares about being up cuz there's not an "up at halftime" column in the standings.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tonytokes said:
not to mention the eagles did one of the most statistically unlikely things ever by fumbling twice inside the packers' five...

come on... no one cares about being up cuz there's not an "up at halftime" column in the standings.

I care, it made the first half of the game actually fun to watch. It wasn't 32-3 at half like I figured it would be!

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was fun Ryan.

And it gave me the damn false hope that the Packers could win the game, which eventually, crushed my soul.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
It was fun Ryan.

And it gave me the damn false hope that the Packers could win the game, which eventually, crushed my soul.

As it did me :) And I assume everyone else on this site, and that's why everyone is p.o.'d today and infighting as usual ;)

tonytokes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Ry... I was soooooooooooo excited.

But to pose the question after the fact, well, hope doesn't exist in that vacuum anymore.

At the time I could think "well we got some big breaks, that's gonna be the story of this win" and being up that high, like a big night on the slopes, well, there's a pretty big come down. hence all the negativity today. even me, i felt ive been pretty optimistic about this team and cant seem to shake this feeling.

im more upset about the loss than my live in girlfriend breaking up and moving back to milwaukee this weekend. we essentially broke up over football -- i wouldnt budge -- so i guess that would make sense. ;)

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tonytokes said:
im more upset about the loss than my live in girlfriend breaking up and moving back to milwaukee this weekend. we essentially broke up over football -- i wouldnt budge -- so i guess that would make sense. ;)

:shock: ha - wow! That's some dedication!

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what upset me the most was that we had a great chance to win the game and the d had to mess up at the wrong time.

and as someone said before that we cant win games kicking field goals. at least not alot of games.

tonytokes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
tonytokes said:

i work a lot, she *****es a lot... and wanted sundays as "our" day...

she said unless i was willing to change then we were done. i thought it was a good idea because im not willing to change. im a jock, she's friends with gay guys.

that explains enough. :lol:

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tonytokes said:
Ryan said:
tonytokes said:

she said unless i was willing to change then we were done. i thought it was a good idea because im not willing to change. im a jock, she's friends with gay guys.

So..did you dabble in the love that dare not speak it's name?

tonytokes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
tonytokes said:
Ryan said:
tonytokes said:

So..did you dabble in the love that dare not speak it's name?

did i have sex with a gay guy?

umm........ yeah, thousands of times. it was awesome. :roll:

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but we didn't play well in the first half. Our offense didn't manage to score touchdowns, not even in the redzone. Our defense was actually crap even though they only gave up 1 TD.

I didn't quite understand the frustration on the behalf of the Philly offense, they played well but they were unlucky not to score, and what I knew and everybody else knew happened, Philly started scoring.

The Philly D played OK, holding us to no touchdowns.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dannychau22 said:
bandwagoners as in people who only like the team when they win. I still support the team and look for the positives even when they loose. I am upset that we lost but i understand that we are rebuilding. As said on espn, the packers are the youngest team in the NFL.

I had to work and unfortunately did not see the game. As such, I will refrain making any comments on the Pack's performance last night. I really am hoping they bounce back, as I am going to Green Bay to see them play the Rams this week.

As for your comments above. I personally don't agree with this mentality. The Packers are my favourite team. They will continue to my favourite team regardless as to wether they go 0-16 or 16-0 for the season.

That being said, I will not make excuses for poor play and blatant mistakes. If they play good, I will praise them up and down, however if they play like a bunch of schoolgirls, I will call them out as such. You may think this makes me a "bandwagon fan". However, I will not look at things through rose-coloured glasses. Reality sure as hell doesn't.

As Coach Lombardi once said: "Show me a good loser, and I'll still show you a loser."

There is no trophy for second place.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't read the whole thread so don't know what's been said but anytime you're up at half and lose bad you look at the coaching and wonder if the Eagles just make adjustments and we don't. Not saying that's what it was but it something you often look at when the opposition comes out and takes over the 2nd half. I guess it was pretty easy for them when all they had to figure out was throw it at AC

furferret2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget the Eagles could have easily had another 10 points before the half. The Packers aren't the only ones who caught bad breaks, both teams got unlucky at points.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do you guys think we could have come back in the third quater if their where no injuries.

we where down 24 to 9. i think we would have been able to score twice.

but the reality of the sitituation is that we lost.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tonytokes said:
Ryan said:
tonytokes said:

WOW you are dedicated,,,but your right noone can change anyone and if they think they can it wont work...thank god I LOVE FOOTBALL and am bored when its not on TV...

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you can look at this from two perspectives

1-we have the talent to hang with a high-ranking NFL team, the young guys just need to learn to win

2-what the hell happened, we had the eagles where we wanted them, crowd out of the game, the Eagles come out charged, Mike McCarthy was appearently watching Monday Night Raw, didn't notice this, played the same conservative gameplan in the first half, sent in Rayner for another long field goal, probably figuring 12 points would be enough to beat the Eagles, and the bottom just fell out. Oh and I saw a draw play on first down when we were down 24-9

I'd go a little more with perspective #1 but because its the Eagles, #2

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there are many positives that can come from a loss.

We did look good (or at least not as bad as the Eagles) in the first half. We also made some big mistakes in the second half (and throughout the first half as well), that can be pointed out so that our young players can improve on them. I'm a firm believer in learning from one's mistakes. The only problem with that in football is that mistakes mean losses, so at the beginning you're gonna have a lot of losses with a young team.

I'd like to hear that our guys are pissed off that they're losing. I'd love to hear that losing is driving them to study and work harder so that they can win.

Vince Lombardi did say it best (and somebody else quoted this already).

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."

Members online

Latest posts