Why are people forgetting we were up 9-7 at halftime?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah the final score was bad...really bad. But we were in it well into the 3rd quarter...and then..."it" happened.

It = an 'injury' by Woodson, and we seen less Woodson(who was playing SURPRISINGLY WELL!) and more Ahmad Carroll.

Eagles, being an NFL team with an NFL staff said "Hey, I think I seen or heard something about that 28 guy not being very good, lets try testing him!"

penalties.....2 touchdowns.....stupid looking faces.... Carroll provided it all there.

Now I am not saying A.C. is the only reason we lost, but he was a big part.

Morency's 2 turnovers that led to points were very costly. Favre wasn't as accurate as he usually is (blame the line, even though they were solid 85% of the game, or blame TT, whichever one you wanna go with).

But that 'horrible' Bob Sanders D held the 'talented' eagles to 7 in 2 quarters of play. The D forced fumbles, and they bent a lot, but didn't break.

The key was the woodson 'injury' (i put it in quotation marks cuz he was returning punts...so...why not much at CB?)

but yeah...this team sucks, sanders sucks, MM sucks, jennings sucks, TT sucks, jags really sucks, mike stock sucks, and...yeah...

There was a lot of positives and good stuff to look at until "it" happened.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone's forgetting it, that's what makes this so hard to take. You're winning by 2 at the half (and could have been more - Driver had more drops today than all of last year I think) and you get outscored 24-0 in the second. Where exactly is the positive?

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Trom, get real man. This team is a joke

They ...were winning...and looked like they were gonna win(or at least be in it till the end) until the injury...

but yeah, its a joke!

I like you pyle. The glass is never half full or half empty, it's just a damaged glass.

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why are you guys so ******* woodson. He didnt play great but he didnt do bad. He got injured and both td's through the air was on carroll. Woodson was on the bench for some reason . He also caused a fumble. Blame the d coordinator.

To many bandwagoners here now.

showgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The secondary completely melted down in the second half. Eagle receivers had more open space than Captain Kirk. A pass rush would have been nice, too. The whole team quit by the start of the fourth quarter. Coaching? What coaching?

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont like how sander's played woodson. If he was healthy enough to return punts then he could probably play corner. Also i dont like how sanders puts him on the slot receiver in the nickel and dime packages. The opposing team just throws to carroll side because he's covering their first/second string receiver

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dannychau22 said:
why are you guys so ******* woodson. He didnt play great but he didnt do bad. He got injured and both td's through the air was on carroll. Woodson was on the bench for some reason . He also caused a fumble. Blame the d coordinator.

Believe me dude, Im no bandwagoner, I've supported the Packers through thick and thin for 50 years.
I just call em as I see em.

And yes the D coordinator needs to be taken behind the woodshed.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dannychau22 said:

Too many bandwagoners here now??? Dude, you make no sense to me right now...none at all. Not that it matters, but absolutely none.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Woodson was playing in nickel coverages after his "injury" and returning punts.

He was having a decent game up until then. I still blame the coaching for this loss.

I want Blackmon

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
dannychau22 said:

Too many bandwagoners here now??? Dude, you make no sense to me right now...none at all. Not that it matters, but absolutely none.

bandwagoners as in people who only like the team when they win. I still support the team and look for the positives even when they loose. I am upset that we lost but i understand that we are rebuilding. As said on espn, the packers are the youngest team in the NFL.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you'd be surprised to find out how many of these posters like the Packers all the time, but things get posted out of emotion. It's hard to watch the Packers get torched like that and have the mistakes that have been done over and over....

How many tries does Carroll get? How bad does he have to get? Keep in mind, I bleed green and gold so there is no bandwagon here for me. I will follow this team until I am in the grave and longer, just harsh reality - some things need to change in order for this team to move forward and making some players more accountable would be a hell of a start.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
whats behind the wood shed? another CB?

otherwise....no.

Apparrently you have never been taken behind the woodshed.
When you come out after getting your butt whacked real good, you knew you were really really bad and it got your mind straight to never be really really bad again.

I'm thinkin the DC has been really really bad since his defensive secondary really really sucks. And there is no change in sight.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
tromadz said:

otherwise....no.

When you come out after getting your butt whacked real good, you knew you were really really bad and it got your mind straight to never be really really bad again.

I'm thinkin the DC has been really really bad since his defensive secondary really really sucks. And there is no change in sight.

oh, oh, oh...pick me!!! :twisted: :wink:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Yeah the final score was bad...really bad. But we were in it well into the 3rd quarter...and then..."it" happened.

It = an 'injury' by Woodson, and we seen less Woodson(who was playing SURPRISINGLY WELL!) and more Ahmad Carroll.

Eagles, being an NFL team with an NFL staff said "Hey, I think I seen or heard something about that 28 guy not being very good, lets try testing him!"

penalties.....2 touchdowns.....stupid looking faces.... Carroll provided it all there.

Now I am not saying A.C. is the only reason we lost, but he was a big part.

Morency's 2 turnovers that led to points were very costly. Favre wasn't as accurate as he usually is (blame the line, even though they were solid 85% of the game, or blame TT, whichever one you wanna go with).

But that 'horrible' Bob Sanders D held the 'talented' eagles to 7 in 2 quarters of play. The D forced fumbles, and they bent a lot, but didn't break.

The key was the woodson 'injury' (i put it in quotation marks cuz he was returning punts...so...why not much at CB?)

but yeah...this team sucks, sanders sucks, MM sucks, jennings sucks, TT sucks, jags really sucks, mike stock sucks, and...yeah...

There was a lot of positives and good stuff to look at until "it" happened.

I agree with everything Tromadz says here, it all started with Woodson being injured, I really thought the Pack would win to, they were playing great in the first half then after CArroll came in we went down hill from there...Woodson is better then Carroll, he proved it last night...

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
yooperfan said:
tromadz said:

otherwise....no.

oh, oh, oh...pick me!!! :twisted: :wink:

LMAO...oh 4packgirl..

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were lucky to be winning at halftime, it should have been 21 - 9 Eagles at least, Buckhalter had two fumbles within the 5 yard line. And those two fumbles were on him.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
We were lucky to be winning at halftime, it should have been 21 - 9 Eagles at least, Buckhalter had two fumbles within the 5 yard line. And those two fumbles were on him.

really i thought it shoulda been 13-7 packers, if DD coulda caught that pass in the endzone.

buckhalters 2nd fumble was cuz woodson stripped him...
the first one was buckhalter just sucking...

why downplay the good things the packers players\coaches do? I dont get it.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
GakkofNorway said:

really i thought it shoulda been 13-7 packers, if DD coulda caught that pass in the endzone.

buckhalters 2nd fumble was cuz woodson stripped him...
the first one was buckhalter just sucking...

why downplay the good things the packers players\coaches do? I dont get it.

Because they got thier arses handed to them 31-9 and you want to talk about the "good first half"..........amazing!

To bad the game is 4 quarters huh? To bad we couldn't muster anything more than 3 FG's and to bad we gave up 31 points. This team stinks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts