1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Why are people calling the Jags game easy?!?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Lunchboxer, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    I thought the Colts game would be easy and someone please tell me how well we did?

Dont call it easy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    It's truly any given Sunday in the NFL. In fact this season the avg margin of victory is the closest it's been in decades.

But look at the jags, the teams they played, and their statistical rankings. They don't rush the passer well and struggle to score points. Unless chad henne or gabbert is the 2nd coming of Christ, I struggle to see how the packers could lose this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52
    The Jags are one of the worst teams in the league. When Gabbert and Drew went out against the lowly Raiders their offense went backwards the rest of the day.
    With that said, the game WILL NOT be easy. We have half the team on crutches or so it seems. There will be a noticeable absence of explosive plays. This is going to be a battle of Jaguars against 2nd stringers. What I fear is that Rodgers will be put at risk. Driver may have to rise from the dead and play the game of his life.

4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Same reason why others are quick to count out Da Bears.
    To build ourselves up while tearing others down without really thinking of it.
    Gut/knee jerk reactions. That sort of thing.

5. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,257
    No game is easy. But the Jags are a bad football team and we should kick the stuffing out of them. Anything less should be a disappointment. And I would trust that's the predominant sentiment in the locker room.

If the focus is on kicking the cr*p out these guys, there's little chance of looking past them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139
    Blaine Gabbert and no Pass Rush... Imagine if our 2011 Pass Rush w/o a Clay Matthews combined with our 2005 offense without a Favre. We'd be slaughtered by a team like the banged up 2012 Packers.

In games that were "easy" and turned out to be "AH CRAP - We're getting beat!" games all have something in common..
    Tough Opposing Pass Rush and either a decent/or good QB hiding behind either a good oline/or HB.
    Seattle(refs) /KC(last year) /SF(Pass Rush) /Indy (A. Luck and the Pass Rush).
    Sometimes predictable outcomes/blow outs occur Any Given Sunday.

7. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I don't think there is such a thing as an "easy game." Some teams are tougher than others but to call a game easy is like setting yourself up for a trap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    I didn't think the Colts game would be easy... Anyways, the jags game will be easy :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    But to add on to what Kitten was saying, this is the NFL... Everyone is getting paid and the Jaguars job this whole week is to try to beat us. That is why I love NFL way more than college football. The NFL is always unpredictable. Always.

10. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +149
    Too bad this game isn't in Jacksonville, the Jags front office would be happy since the stadium might be sold out for the first time in years. Of course 60% of the fans would be wearing green and gold. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Sorry, I don't buy your statement. This is an internet forum. We are all rubes sitting on our computers. We can call any game easy. It's the players that shouldn't think of it as easy. If Aaron Rodgers is sitting at home, reading this forum....take the Jags seriously. Otherwise, who cares. Jacksonville sucks. We should beat them.

12. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Fans are allowed to say that kind of stuff.

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
    Colts have a very good q/b

Jags dont

Colts were at home

Jags are not

Colts played with emotion

Jags wont

Answer your question?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    The Colts for a rebuilding season are a very good home team and they were coming off a bye facing the Pack with heavy hearts due to Pagano. They could be 4-0 at home if not for a last minute Gabbert miracle/Colts defensive breakdown. The Jags usually show up vs. Indy though, it's a good division rivalry. Without MJD though I don't fear much from that offense.

The Colts have good pass rushers and I am not shocked they did okay vs. the Packers in the second half once the Colts offense got going.

Luck is a good QB when he gets some decent protection and can get the ball to a guy like Reggie Wayne.

I expect the Packers to beat the Jaguars.

15. MackemPacker

MackemPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    It's hard not to be a little arrogant coming into this game, we're at home, playing a team who've lost their best player and maybe their starting QB, and even with them they were a poor team. Not only that but our NFL MVP QB is playing close to his best right now. Any given Sunday, and all that but I can't picture a loss. At least the Colts had Luck, Reggie Wayne and a Pagano sized inspiration.

16. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    With our defense, no game is easy. Even if their only offensive weapon is out.

Didn't we get passed all over by some back-up QB gym teacher in the Chicago game on xmas day last year and then Bell rushed for like 140 yards? I think one of Chicago's players was arrested on a drug charge too.

We won, but still it was a pretty embarrassing game defensively.

17. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    As a fan I see the pack winning this game Gabbert sling arm the team may be without Nelson hamsting saw that while watching game ,think once they put some good points up they will play this like a preseason game.But that is why I'm a couch potato coach the real coaches iI'm sure have other plans.

18. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
  19. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    60%? Unrealistic...

90%

20. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52
    In this case it may be better to play in Lambeau. Sandy is about to storm the entire east coast and I'd hate to see a game rescheduled or interrupted.

21. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +357
    Raji may be back this game, we'll see. Losing Woodson hurts but now it's time to see what Sean Richardson has in him. I'm satisfied with Heyward's performance at CB with Shields out, for a rookie he's doing decent. Losing Nelson may hurt, hopefully Driver is able to play, (he's got a neck injury).

I wouldn't categorize Driver as rising from the dead however, I believe the man can still have a great game, he just doesn't get much attention. It would be nice to see Finley have a great day rather than his usual case of the dropsies.
    Expect Green to run 100+ yards, (unless they go to the short pass with Cobb which is kinda our run game of late).

Easy? No. Easiest game of the season so far? On paper, yes.

22. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    I may regret this later but I'm here to help. Or at least try to.
    There is a dump truck pulling a dude on a surfboard waving to us passing by while the phone rings all the time with a screech owl at the other end telling us that we need to find the swamp where the gold is located underneath the sheets of plywood with a candle being lit by firecrackers in the other room.

No?

Then:
    I love the Packers! Loves 'em! So much that I totally envision that the Pack will win because the Jags QB is wounded with his arm in a sling.
    Jordy could be on the sidelines out with a hamstring.
    Once the Pack gets into a rythem they will score so many points it will be off the charts and just as easy as a pre-season game.
    But WTF do I know? I'm just a casual watching Packers fan who sits here eating and drinking on the couch for the games.
    (Which reminds me: Woman! Bring me a sammich and a beer! Where was I? Oh yeah....)
    I'll leave it up to the real pro coaches who I'm sure will know what they are doing.

Hope that helps.

23. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    ^ Thank-you!!! You need extra pay for that interpretation.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Trapped In Vikingville

Trapped In Vikingville Trapped

Ratings:
    +156
    I am not looking past the Jacksonville game! As people have stated in this thread, "Any given Sunday". I hope the Pack can keep the momentum rolling. They certainly have been fun to watch.
    It's gettin' quiet in Vikingville.

• Like Like x 1
  25. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Passenger: Excuse me stewardess, I speak jive.
    Attendant: Ohhhh, good.
    Passenger: He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.
    Attendant: Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine.
    Passenger: Jus' hang loose blooood. She goona catch up on the'rebound a de medcide.
    Jiveman #2: What it is big mamma, my mamma didn't raise no dummy, I dug her rap.
    Passenger: Cut me som' slak' jak! Chump don wan no help, chump don git no help. Jive azz dude don got no brains anyhow.

• Funny Funny x 1