Who's your Upset of the week pick?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Listening to Sports radio today, some people don't here seem to be serious that the Rams will beat the Niners, which I think is hilarious. Their using the whole "If they beat the Saints, they can beat the 49ers!" but I strongly disagree there.

Some people were shocked the Rams beat the Saints earlier this year, I wasn't that surprised. If anyone has paid attention over the years, the Rams ALWAYS have played them tough. They are the one "forgotten rivalry" that still lives on without being in the same division anymore. This is also not the first time the Saints gave them their first win. In 2007, the Rams started 0-8 and they got their first win by blowing out the Rams on one of Brees' bad games. Back in 2009, the Rams finished 1-15, and despite that record, they nearly, almost knocked the Saints undefeated record off. They had a chance to win it, but Bulger was picked off in the endzone at the last minute. So any of you Saints fans that still talk trash on this board, think about what I'm saying cause you know I'm right. Since the divisions re-arranged, it has never mattered the Rams record, when they play NO, they play them tough as if it's their Super Bowl to beat an old division rival. That's what all those Saints radio host are forgetting about with the "The Rams will upset the 49ers this weekend" talk I have heard all week long. From the fan perspective it's understandable (cause they want their team to clinch the #2 seed), but I don't see it happening. The Rams are 0-5 against Divisional opponents, and I don't see the 49ers blowing a game here.

The pick I don't hear about is the Bengals and Ravens game, which I like. This one is going to be interesting cause Baltimore has played down to opponents on the road, and the last time these teams played, they let rookie Andy Dalton shred up their veteran defense and almost force OT. I think the Bengals can beat them, if they want the playoffs. Baltimore overall is a huge disappointment.

Another good pick? It's quite risky for money, but I think Dallas will beat the Giants. The defense is already talking like Rex Ryan about shutting out Dallas, that should be enough motivation for them to play a tough game against them. But still very risky.

Chiefs at Broncos is the vengeance game for Orton, which everyone is easily dismissing as a win for Denver. This is the game if you want to say "If they can beat this team, they can beat that team", and I ain't talking about the Rams and Saints. If the Chiefs can beat the Packers, they CAN beat the Broncos!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
-Colts should lose. I won't cry if they don't but this is a game they should lose on the road. And people forget even when the Colts are good they struggle with the Jags and these are close games. MJD is going for the rushing title too. For the love of God......with what this first pick is worth I don't care about being a good fan. LOSE COLTS LOSE. Sheesh. Have a well timed fumble.....anything. Get that pick, you deserve it after this season. However if the Rams get the first pick I don't know what they do with it either.....

-I don't see the Rams winning at all. They want the first pick as well for what it could bring in a trade or if they want Luck to replace Bradford. If they keep Bradford they can use that pick to help rebuild the team in getting more picks. Besides, the Niners D is much too strong for the Rams and the Rams can't stop the run.Even if it's not high scoring for SF they should win.

-I am torn on Baltimore and Cincy. Baltimore has more injuries then Cincy but keep in mind Baltimore has been beating their division rivals all year and show up against teams with winning records. It's the crappy teams they tend to blow it against. I am not sure this is a trap game for Baltimore. They know they need the bye week to get healthy. I also am iffy on Cincy since they struggle with winning teams and it's a do or die game. We'll see. It's a tough weekend with all of them being division games.

-I have seen a few actually picking Cam Newton to beat the Saints in an upset actually.

-Other tough games? Steelers at Browns. Hey who knows, they struggled last time to beat the Browns. Probably won't be an upset but it would be funny. Pats hosting Bills. I can't see the Pats being swept by the Bills this year but sometimes the Bills actually show up and play and picked off Brady several times in the last game. They might have gotten it out of their system though beating up on Tebow and now lie down and become the Bills again.

-I also think Dallas will win. Not confident though and I wonder if it's wishful thinking. Dallas has been bad on SNF and has lost to the Giants in recent years more then won. However I kinda hope Romo plays lights out for once. Eli really has not been too great the last two weeks. He sucked against the Redskins and vs. the Jets I felt the real story was how bad the Jets offense was more. And the playcalling for the Jets is terrible. They throw it way too many times. You CAN run on the Giants. I have heard the Giants smack talk too which suprises me considering what they just went through with the Jets. I really hope the Giants blow this game. I feel like Dallas has been stronger all year but just can't close out a lot of them.

-Many I see are going for the Chiefs over Broncos so I am not sure it would be that shocking if it happened. Since the game is in Denver and the league loves Tebow I do think they want at least one Tebow playoff game to hype up. Not saying the game is fixed but I won't be suprised if the Broncos get the more favorable calls at times in this one.
Sure the Chiefs did beat the Packers but a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. Crennel is great at game planning at times for pass heavy offenses but I do wonder what he does vs. the Broncos. The Broncos had no issues running the ball vs. the Chiefs in the first meeting so this should be interesting. I think the game likely comes down to the Chiefs offense vs. the Broncos defense more though. The Broncos D has had struggles lately but still are capable of getting to Orton.

-Have also seen some picking SD over Oakland. Oakland has won the last 3 meetings but SD owned them before those games and now has nothing to play for but upsetting a division rival. Not sure though, I mean I don't know how much fight is left in these Chargers now and Vincent Jackson may miss the game with injuries so he can look into FA. Oakland should be fired up in this one.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Orton is going into The mile high city and it going to T bone the T bow.
The Red Rifle is going to Pop a Bird.
A Cowboy is going to Lasso a Giant around the legs and send him crashing to the ground
Raiders are going to short circut the chargers.
Rams will stun 49ers
Cats will eat saints.

What the hell.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bangals over ravens,ravens may have a good d-line but their q.b. does not make good decisions and decent d-lines can get to him to make mistakes.I think giants over dallas Romos hand is still sore so think he will throw to who ever so he doesnt get smashed to the ground.Rams gave up so think 9ers take this one

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Texans. Thanks a lot.

Does Houston WANT to play the Titans or something? damn.

Members online

Latest posts