Who's nervous? Man I'm nervous. Anybody nervous?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm always nervous,
And I don't like the fact that most people are picking us, including Teddi Brusci and Trent Dilfer just now on NFL Live.

But here's an official statistic.

The Steelers have won 6 Super Bowls. Vegas had them favored in all 6.
The Steelers have lost 1 Super Bowl. Vegas has them the underdog that game.
Vegas has the Steelers the underdog this game.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
It's only Friday and I've had a knot in my stomach all day that I can only imagine is going to get worse the closer and closer we get to kickoff.

I just want to win. So bad.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why but I feel confident for this game,I have since the playoffs.When I talk with people about the game my confidence grows,I think it is because the players themselves want to win,and they are keeping themselves together,for some reason I believe this with my heart,the pack is going to be a whole different team in this game I feel sorry for the steelers because they won't be ready for it.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having your team in the SB is sorta like getting laid. You're only nervous the first time.
Best advice I can give you is to think of it more as a party than a test.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having your team in the SB is sorta like getting laid. You're only nervous the first time.

Where is my :buttkick: smiley when I need him!

In 2008, as the Steelers drove down and scored that last touchdown, the room got dark and I got tunnelvision-- head got real light and fuzzy-

No, I am not nervous about the game itself, I am nervous about making sure I have my medical insurance up to date and 911 programmed into my phone!

OP
OP
GBMuskies

GBMuskies

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I remember the first Super Bowl. Like with Bart Starr and Max McGee. This would be my fifth.

Yet I'm still nervous.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not nervous, anxious is more like it. I am busting with pride for my team; no way we should have gotten here with all the injuries and HERE WE ARE!! In this part of the country (and on Inside the NFL) there is no need to play the game. Just print the hats and t-shirts and give the Steelers the trophy. Their players are cocky and mouthy, the fans I am forced to be around redefine obnoxious, and all the talking heads around here seem to underestimate the Packers. This is a formula for success if I ever saw it. GO PACK, BRING HOME NUMBER 13!!!!!

EJ Blitz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not nervous at all. I look at this logically. I've seen what the Steelers have done all year and I think the Packers are capable of winning and they have the right personnel to do so. They've had a long time to prepare and hopefully they'll play to their full potential. If this happens, they should be champs.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I am scared to death, but I always am. I believe this team can beat anybody. It's the unexpected things that always worry me (injuries, bad calls, turnovers).

I want this so bad for Driver, Woodson, Rodgers...just all of them. I don't want to see Driver, especially, disappointed when the celebration starts. That will kill me if it happens - so Packers, PLEASE DON'T LET IT.

Also - I'm going to pray, and pray hard. Dear God, please let Quickie have this. Please. :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

LombardiChick

Reaction score
The nerves are really setting in now.

I was hoping they wouldn't but guess not.

They were for me this morning, but for some reason, I'm starting to feel calm. I don't know if that means I know internally we'll win, or that I'm accepting a loss...but I'm starting to feel very calm.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were for me this morning, but for some reason, I'm starting to feel calm. I don't know if that means I know internally we'll win, or that I'm accepting a loss...but I'm starting to feel very calm.

You're doing better than me then.

ClayMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man I am hoping for a blowout, so I don't have to be nervous anymore. It's starting to get worse, I don't think I could take a GB loss. Not after getting this far.

SoCalPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My nerves are getting to me a little more now, but it's still not too bad. So close!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to get more excited than nervous. It's building and building and I can't sit still!!! Somebody froze all the numbers on my clock too, so they aren't moving! Almost game time!!!!!!!!! Go Pack Go!!! We have a really good chance at winning this, I haven't felt this good in a long long time! May we all be happy Packer fans tonight!!!!

LombardiChick

Reaction score
You're doing better than me then.

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with me. I'm ordinarily climbing the walls. I probably will be by kickoff, but I hope I can just take it for what it is.

I was incredibly nervous before XXXI, but I had seen a kid on The Tonight Show who was asked to make a prediction or a comment related to the SB...and he said, "It's only a game."

It just took me aback. I never thought of it that way, and I still have to really ground myself to remember that, because it's so much more than that to me, as a Packer fan. As a kid, it was huge - it was directly tied to our self-esteem as a state. Lombardi made us the BEST at this, and I guess we all got addicted. So:

GO PACK GO!!!

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know what's going on with me. I'm ordinarily climbing the walls. I probably will be by kickoff, but I hope I can just take it for what it is.

I was incredibly nervous before XXXI, but I had seen a kid on The Tonight Show who was asked to make a prediction or a comment related to the SB...and he said, "It's only a game."

It just took me aback. I never thought of it that way, and I still have to really ground myself to remember that, because it's so much more than that to me, as a Packer fan. As a kid, it was huge - it was directly tied to our self-esteem as a state. Lombardi made us the BEST at this, and I guess we all got addicted. So:

GO PACK GO!!!

I'm thinking the nerves are only going to get worse the closer the game is.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I'm too busy laughing about Michael Vick getting the Comeback Player of the Year Award. Who knew coming back from prison would get someone that? :rotfl:

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Ive never felt this way, Just barely too young too care enough when they were in the Super Bowl in 97' n 98'. I remember the loss in 98' a little but not the win the year earlier. So all in all this is new territory- Never have had my team in the championship game so I'm feeling really nervous, while at the same time trying to cherish this moment.

Bomber

Clueless but Luvin It
Reaction score
Nerves are starting to kick in now. For the last 8 or 9 years I have always stayed up to watch the Superbowl (finishes around 3:30am in the UK) but this is the first year that I have supported a team. I may only have been a fan for 3 months but the Packers feel a part of me now......and i'm luvin it.

GO PACK GO!!!!!

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Nerves are starting to kick in now. For the last 8 or 9 years I have always stayed up to watch the Superbowl (finishes around 3:30am in the UK) but this is the first year that I have supported a team. I may only have been a fan for 3 months but the Packers feel a part of me now......and i'm luvin it.

GO PACK GO!!!!!

Remember when we kicked your *** in the 1781 Super Bowl in Yorktown? That was a good game... :happy0005:

Just kidding. Welcome!

Members online

Latest posts