Who's gonna get cut?

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which one of those players that actually had significant game time last year won't be here come opening day?

My vote is on Vernand Morency and Jarrett Bush. Bodiford too, but I don't think he really played that much last year.

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Morency getting cut by the time Grant puts his name under
his new contract.

Bodiford and Ruvell Martin at WR.

I think they will reach an injury settlement with Will Blackmon
if his foot continues to slow him down.

I don't think the Packers are keeping two long snappers!?!
:)

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald Driver.

We are stacked at WR, he is old and I read in another thread that he hates Aaron Rodgers because he forced Brett into retirement. To me its almost a lock that Donald Driver has played his last down for Green Bay.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Possibly Tory Humphrey, Finley is a high pick and i doubt TT will keep 3 TE's cos he likes to have 2 Fb's in Kuhn and K-Hall.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Charlie Peprah

Vernand Morency

Unless he has shown that injuries are completely behind him.. Abdul Hodge

Shaun Bodiford

Any one that will be exiting in a surprise if someone steps up.. KGB. That is unless he either agrees to a pay cut, a serious injuries occurs in camp, or he absolutely lights it up in training camp, healthy.

Reaction score
I'm going to say T Orin Thompson, LB Spencer Havner for starters.

If Jarret Bush can show something at Safety, then he stays. He will not be back if he shows himself only capable of playing CB and ST, IMO. We have Patrick Lee who can also do that, as well as Tramon and Blackmon (Please God, let him stay healthy for more than a month). Bush has to add to his versatility. His time was last year, and he didn't take the opportunity and run.

The one place I don't see any cuts coming at least until well into TC is the D-Line. With all the injuries I think TT and MM take the D-line intact into TC to at least have some bodies in case KGB, Harrell, and Jolly aren't fully recovered.

Reaction score
Possibly Tory Humphrey, Finley is a high pick and i doubt TT will keep 3 TE's cos he likes to have 2 Fb's in Kuhn and K-Hall.

MM said last year that he likes to have a total of 5 TEs and FBs. (Edit for clarification: not 5 TEs and 5 FBs each, but rather a total of 5 TEs and FBs on the final roster)

With Finley's inexperience, I think it's almost a given the Packers will keep another TE. Given that Humphrey is the only other experienced TE on the roster besides Lee, he'd have to screw up pretty badly to get cut IMO.

I've also read that Humphrey has some potential as a blocker also, so he might be able to do some of the things Bubba did blocking wise.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yaaaaaaaaaa, however I heard he might be making a comeback ala Jordan... If so, I think he'll get cut!

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I was losing my mind.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald Driver.

We are stacked at WR, he is old and I read in another thread that he hates Aaron Rodgers because he forced Brett into retirement. To me its almost a lock that Donald Driver has played his last down for Green Bay.

Heh. Love that one.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, this question is very loaded. Maybe we should guess who we keep.

I'll only do RB and WR.

RB - Grant, Jackson, Wynn, Herron
WR - Driver, Jennings, Jones, J Nelson, R Martin (since we cut Koren, we're keeping Martin), and Jake Allen (he's 6'4" and has promise)

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald Driver.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yea, I heard he refuses to talk to AR and won't go over to his house to bond with the other guys.

DD What a Prima Donna, always thinking about himself, never has been a team player!!!!!!!
He needs to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Driver is putting thumb tacks into Greg Jennings shoes to slow him down. That Driver......never a "team" player!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think Morency is gone. We have Grant, Wynn, Jackson. I can't see Morency sticking here. Herron, unless he REALLY lights it up, will be gone too.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Morency is gone. We have Grant, Wynn, Jackson. I can't see Morency sticking here. Herron, unless he REALLY lights it up, will be gone too.

I'm guessing we keep 4 RBs. So either Herron or Morency stays.

I'm hoping Wynn learned from being put on IR and is taking his job more seriously now. He has natural gifts.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is always an undrafted rookie free agent or 2 that make the team.

We don't know who they are yet but they will do it.

If you throw in those that are considered 1's instead of R's because they got cut last year there are 20 on the current roster.

That gives each of them about a 5% to 10% chance of making the final roster. (Hint don't bet on a WR)

If one makes it, that puts the roster at 68 with 15 more cuts to go.

One of the punters and one of the Long snappers will be cut. That leaves 66.
Chris Francies, Noah Herron, Morency, Down to 63.

The final 10 are where the camp battles are.

You know the numbers kept at each position it's just a matter of who: Peprah or Culver; Wynn, White, or Powdrell(1); White, Havner, Hodge(1); Those are almost repeats.

The O-line and D-line have some unknowns to sort out. Sitton or
Giacomini? Only one will make it. Bolston or Muir, (haven't seen Bolston)?

There is the injury wild card.

We really have to wait and see how some of these guys play. But it comes down to the dozen or so players truly on the bubble and not those already on the wrong side of the bubble.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Donald Driver.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yea, I heard he refuses to talk to AR and won't go over to his house to bond with the other guys.

DD What a Prima Donna, always thinking about himself, never has been a team player!!!!!!!
He needs to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

its common knowledge that ARoad and Gregarious have been handing DD monumental beatings on Mario Kart Wii. DD cant deal with this and is now boycotting ARod's weekly "Pizza and Mario Kart" parties. These are sad, sad times in Packerland. :(

Reaction score
White, Havner, Hodge(1); Those are almost repeats.

Strong post CaliCheez, but I disagree with two things.

1) I don't think White is in big danger of being cut. He is our leader on ST. Instead of Tracy White, I think Desmond Bishop will be on the hot seat. He plays MLB, as does Hodge, and both can play ST. I don't see the Pack keeping 3 MLBs, especially with Chillar on the roster as a LB that can play either Will/Mike/Sam position.

Sitton or Giacomini? Only one will make it.

I have to disagree once again Cali. I think both are safe this year, absent disastrous off-field incidents. Sitton will back up at Guard and be given time to learn the position, while I think Giacomini (while very raw) will also be allowed time to at least develop. With Colledge's flexibility to play LT, Moll and Coston also being back-ups, I think the Packers keep 10 OL and let their two rookies have one year to understand their scheme and mature physically.

Just my two cents though. :)

Reaction score
its common knowledge that ARoad and Gregarious have been handing DD monumental beatings on Mario Kart Wii. DD cant deal with this and is now boycotting ARod's weekly "Pizza and Mario Kart" parties. These are sad, sad times in Packerland. :(

And what makes it even more remarkable is that Gregorious has been doing this from his own house, as A-Rod said Greg hasn't taken him up on the offer to visit his home.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree about a couple that have already been mentioned--Morency and Jarrett Bush--and I will add Tony Moll. It will be close on the O-line, but Thompson will lean toward the rookies who have more untapped potential.

Members online

Latest posts