1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Who's going to training camp this year?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 98Redbird, May 13, 2013.

1. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    I went last year for the first time. It was okay. Got to see Driver interact with the fans A LOT which was cool. Also got to see Vince Lombari's house. Other than that, I've got to say, it wasn't worth the 6 hour trip north lol. I'm considering going this year just because I'd like to see a few of the new guys up close, Datone, Lacy, Fraklin and Charles Johnson...

Just not sure if I want to make the trip for that lol...

How about the rest of you?

2. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +482
    First went
    I first went in 64. Was able to get many autographs -- many went on to become Hall of Famers.

3. PWT

PWT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    '

98 Redbird
    There is change in location this year for thePacker training camp practices

The Packers are having Ray Nitschke Stadium playing field redone. So they are having training camp practices at Clark Hinkle practice field located on S. Oneida St. acrossthe street from LF parking lot
    . There are no bleechers to sit on at Clarke Hinkle practice field. Bring folding chairs to sit on, or you will have to stand to see the Packers' practice. And get out there early, in order to sit or stand near the practice Field.

I try to make every Packer training camp practice I can . I live 5 miles from Lambeau Field.

4. gbpowner

gbpowner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +98
    The last 3 years, I have done the Lambeau Field 5K in conjunction with a practice or 2. Nothing like entering LF and getting to run around the warning track and see yourself on the big screen! Loads of fun with people of all ages and abilities participating in this great event!

5. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    Thanks for the update man! I really appreciate it.

Yeah, must be nice to live 5 miles away.. I think I'm in the 350 mile range lol!

6. fanindaup

fanindaup Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    I live 200 miles north of Green Bay and try to get to the Holy Land for a weekend every summer. We make a family weekend out of it. I try to meet my parents, my sister and brother in law, stay at the same hotel and we catch a practice, do a tour, visit the hall of fame, eat lunch at Curly's and see a preseason game. Health issues amongst several aforementioned family members has our annual pilgrimage on hold. The wife and I may go ourselves and use the weekend to do some shopping. Believe it or not there's some stuff we don't have up here in God's country, like malls, Menard's and Fleet Farms. I'd probably drink less doing things my wife's way anyway.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    I'm pretty sure the team is going :tup:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234

Lol, I laugh because I know what ur talking about!

9. PWT

PWT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    98 Redbird
    ''There is change in location this year for thePacker training camp practices

The Packers are having Ray Nitschke Stadium playing field redone. So they are having training camp practices at Clark Hinkle practice field located on S. Oneida St. acrossthe street from LF parking lot
    . There are no bleechers to sit on at Clarke Hinkle practice field. Bring folding chairs to sit on, or you will have to stand to see the Packers' practice. And get out there early, in order to sit or stand near the practice Field."

Correction

Packer training camp practices will be held in Ray Nitschke Stadium this year. Only the Packer's OTA's in May & June and mini camp practices in June will be held on Clarke Hinkle practice field. The practice field in Ray Nitschke Stadium will be excellent shape for Packer Training camp practices that are held in late July and August.

Sorry for the earlier inaccurate post

i

10. ClemsonFan

ClemsonFan New Era Packers Fan

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm around 900 miles from Green Bay, so that's a definite no for me. I have other things higher on my bucket list than going to Packers training camp.