Who's going to step up

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon is gone and it's time for someone else to step up the problem is I don't think anyone can. Driver is good but he will never be a number 1 guy and fergy we've been waiting three years for him to step up. Chatman, come on they should have cut him along time ago. With these receivers we have no deep threat. You've gotta have a guy who will draw double coverage. right now we're missing that. I hope Tmurph is the guy or we are in trouble.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba is the guy. We need to get back to a true WCO using short passes to the TE and short crossing routes with the WRs, mixing in a pretty heavy dose of Ahman Green. We can wear down defenses this way and cover up for the fact we've lost our best deep threat.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me, to the bar, heavily, before every Packers' game!! With MS pulling his HS buddy-buddy **** with TR, I am at risk of breaking my own TV unless sufficiently numbed!

The vein in my forehead is STILL protruding!!!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
driver has 1,200 yards...ferguson is good when healthy....chatman improved....people are high on murphy..we should be ok...

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will go to a free agent this early in the season. It's a long road and you can bet this isn't the last injury. Maybe a x-tra tight end also to add to the mix. Sherman has to change his strategy with more " saftey valves" for the pressure Favre is getting now. We probably will see very little 3 reciever sets. More protection will have to be kept back and even at that, shorter routes. If they can establish that, they can go back to streching the feild every now and then.

OP
OP
P

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Bubba will be the man this year but you still need to go deep. Marvin Harrison isn't a good receiver because he catches 10 yard passes he's good because he catches the deep balls you have to have a guy that can blow up the game with big plays. A guy like Harrison can change the momentum with one play and the coaches on the other side know that and they worry about it. If you were an opposing coach I don't think you'd lose much sleep worrying about our receivers right now. Bubba doesn't have the speed to create seperation between him and the DB's

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer4ever said:
I agree Bubba will be the man this year but you still need to go deep. Marvin Harrison isn't a good receiver because he catches 10 yard passes he's good because he catches the deep balls you have to have a guy that can blow up the game with big plays. A guy like Harrison can change the momentum with one play and the coaches on the other side know that and they worry about it. If you were an opposing coach I don't think you'd lose much sleep worrying about our receivers right now. Bubba doesn't have the speed to create seperation between him and the DB's

I dont think anybody can correctly assess the skills of bubba franks because in mike sherman's offense he is just another 'X'...he is not to be used in any pass play whatsoever...certainly bubba's a chunker, probably one of the slower tight ends, but he's got graet hands...we should make him one of brett's short options and send guys like driver and ferguson down the field, pass the ball to our backs...just, you know what, look at whatever we did sunday and DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE, and to stick to the topic, bubba franks should step up -or- bubba franks should be permitted the opportunity to step up

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts