1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Who would you welcome?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PFanCan, Feb 25, 2011.

1. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +869
    During the '96 SB run, the Packers signed journeyman & problem-child Andre Rison. Many fans did not like the addition, but Rison added a deep threat element and became a key cog of the machine, including a 50+ yard TD catch in the final game.

This year, if Randy Moss or T.O. come knocking on GB's door, asking for a chance to be part of a championship team... and the price is cheap...

Would you support signing either to a year deal?

2. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    I like the dynamic of the team now with very little drama queens...(o.k., there may be one)

Personally I don't think it would be worth shaking up the team for the addition for a years spectacle!

3. CSchw

CSchw Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I wouldn't like seeing either of them players in the green and gold. I think that it's more in our style to draft a burner and develop him into a great receiver. I can't wait to see some results for WR in the combine.

4. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    I can't think of any malcontent young or old that I would want on this team. MAYBE Ahmad Bradshaw but with Starks and Grant coming back, there is no need for him.

5. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I actually liked having Andre Rison on the 96 team, and Don Beebe. I liked them both.

If it came down to to T.O. or Moss, I'd go with Owens. Randy Moss only shows real ability when he has a chance to get a ring. Even when he was in New England last year it was "everybody's against me" and "nobody wants me to succeed".

The reason Brady was not throwing to him much in their first couple of games is because Moss was dropping passes. During the Patriots/Vikings game I believe Favre made a deep throw and he didn't even try to catch it.

I'm not a fan of either of them, but at least T.O. gives it everything no matter what he has to deal with. I'd be pissed off too if I had to work with a quarterback called Carson Palmer who forces the ball to me in triple coverage, but look at his stats. As good as his stats were this year, they should have won more games. Then look at Moss' stats, and it's not a shock why no one throws the ball to him anymore.

6. rawalabhay

rawalabhay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    I would take Moss, just for his size! That is the type of receiver missing in our offense. Just throw the ball and he will get it. Will be hard for teams to defend us with Jennings, Moss, Drive, Jordy and Finely catching the ball! Obviously this is assuming we let JJ go!

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,078
    What about ocho? I wouldnt want any of them at the moment but if I had to I think ocho would be my choice just off of how funny he is.

8. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,017
    With Thompson as GM this is probably a moot point. If I had to choose I’d choose TO because we’ve all seen Moss quit on his teammates on the field of play. That’s an unforgiveable offense IMO – there’s never an excuse for that.

9. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Hell no!!! We don't need that kind of drama around here! How long do you think it would take T.O. to find a way to have beef with Aaron over God knows what?! If anything can derail a SB caliber team, it's signing one of these head cases. They're not wrapped tight! I hate it that some of the most talented guys in the league are not quite right in the head. T.T. has better sense than this. For instance, he passed on Moss and took the criticism for it. We proved last year that we don't need Moss (or T.O. and Ochowhateva) for that matter! We got it locked down, and we are getting the IR guys back. Hopefully most of this team will be kept intact. I expect T.T. to fine tune this team and prepare them to defend their title. Sans all the drama that comes from players who have screws loose. I don't mean to be harsh to them, but that is the last thing we need!

• Like Like x 2
  10. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,837
    Im a little shocked you are calling Rison a journeyman. He was a very gifted and successful WR. He had 4 - 1000+ yard seasons and one season had 15 TDs even prior to playing for the Packers. I would put him in the elite category. For his career he had over 10,000 yards and 84 TDs. Far better than a journeyman.

11. PFanCan

Ratings:
    +869
    It absolutely is a moot point. But, it's the off season. Time to ponder what-ifs.

Ocho! I forgot about him, Ivo. Good point and I agree he would be the best of the three. Assign him #4 and he could change him name to "Quatro".

• Like Like x 1
  12. PFanCan

Ratings:
    +869
    I meant it in the sense that he played on a variety of teams throughout his career (7 NFL teams, 1 CFL team). Wasn't meaning to judge the quality of his play.

13. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,014
    Kitten hits the nail on the head. We don't need or want any of the goofball receivers there might be out there.

Question: why are receivers the group with the greatest number of selfish players? I really don't understand it.

14. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Hell no to the psychotic, schitzophrenic Terrell Owens.
    Perhaps Randy Moss who isn't as old, but only if James Jones is gone, and Driver and Jennings and Finley and Rodgers are 100% on board with the addition. You can't let the players run the team, but in the case of Moody Moss, you need these veterans backing the player.

Jennings, Driver, Jordy, Moss, Jermichael..... that's a pretty lethal 5 guys to cover.

15. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,837
    oh.

Journeyman = person who is able to do a job but is not a master.
    Doesn't have anything to do with journeying to multiple teams.

16. PFanCan

Ratings:
    +869
    Yeah, my bad. Any word larger than two syllables is pretty much a stretch for me. :happy0005:

17. Big E

Big E Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +106
    I definitely wouldn't want either of them, but if I had to choose between them, I'd take TO. He seems to have more left in the tank than Moss does. Also, he actually seems to give some effort on more than 25% of the plays.

18. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Nope.

19. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I would take Ocho. Dude cracks me up and is an overall good guy.

TO and Moss are disruptive and have proven cancerous to locker rooms. No way in hell would I take them.

20. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +838
    Hell no. They are both tired acts. Do you honestly think TT is going to sign a FA WR? Hankerson or Cecil Shorts III will be learning how to tear it up for the Pack next year. TO will be a Jet and Moss will be catching bombs from his boy Dante in the UFL.

21. rawalabhay

rawalabhay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    :party:

22. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    No way! Individuals don't win championships, teams do and either of these, or any other prima donna for that matter, that makes it a group of individuals and not a team would be the destruction of the chemistry that has been created.

• Like Like x 1
  23. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125
    Nope and Nope... leave the drama to their mama

• Like Like x 1
  24. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    ..and they will be be "getting their roll on".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2bDR_1O3j4]YouTube - Culpepper - Rollin' It[/ame]

25. Texpackerfan

Texpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    I would NOT want Moss AT ALL. I don't care if he does have great ability but he didn't try on every play or in every game. In my mind, that makes him a loser.

But having TO wouldn't be so bad. He seems to have matured and become humbled in the last couple of years.