Who would you root for this playoff year?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sentimental favorites are the New Orleans Saints and the San Diego Chargers...

Neither team have won the superbowl or the NFL title before.

Though I think the Chargers are a good pick, I think New Orleans will have a tough time getting there. Their Cinderella season looks to be DIScontinued in the playoffs. What is your opinion on who will represent the NFC? AFC?

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the NFC I think the Giants and Bears are weak. I'd like to see NO go but unfortunately the Eagles look like the most balanced. Of course being on this side of the country I do like SD but Marty ball in the playoffs always scares me. Cowher made it last year which I didn't think he ever would and I put Marty on that same level so maybe...but Baltimore looks like the team to reckon with. Whoever can knock out Baltimoore will represent the AFC.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I took that est on nfl.com,for who to root for if your team is out of it.They said I should root for the Saints,so I will. :wink: :rotflmao:

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I took that est on nfl.com,for who to root for if your team is out of it.They said I should root for the Saints,so I will. :wink: :rotflmao:

Yeah, I took it too. It gave me the Seahawks. That would give me a real short post-season. Although, as bad as they are playing, they are probably still better than Chicago, Dallas, and the Giants.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints i think, their beasting of the cowboys this year was one of the most enjoyable non Packers games ive seen in a while.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears if Grossman gets his head out of his ***, but more than likely the Iggles as their defense is in top form and Garcia is playing well. San Diego is the darling, but the Ravens' defense is killer and McNair gives them the QB they have never had previously.

Ravens take the Lombardi....another ****in' AFC win!!

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints and Bears

I'm strongly for the Saints, can't think of any reason to root against them. They're good for the city, and good for the NFL right now. Joe Horn is a little obnoxious but Drew Brees is great.

Bears just cause it's been a long time for them, and they are in the NFC North. However if I have to listen to any more of these insufferable Bears fans (philtronic or whatever his name is LOL), I might end up switching my vote to...

The Cowboys, only because of Tony Romo... he seems like a cool guy, he's a Brett Favre fan and an exciting player to watch.

I'm not rooting for any AFC team. The team I dislike the least is the Chargers. But I cannot stand any of the other AFC teams that made the playoffs this year. Go figure.. :)

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I think that the whole Saints thing is blown up bigger than what It should be. I am getting kind of sick of hearing about the saints. and how they are the team of destiniy(nothing against anyone who put that here) just against the national media. Oh well...let the yelling at me start for this one...

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoever the Bears play in round 2 so then when the Bears get their *** whipped again hopefully they will leave and we dont have to listen to them anymore. Even though we all already know there team sucks.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have a fealing patriots ... no1z talking about them dont be suprised their experienced and got taltented players

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what kind of packerfan cheers for the bears!?

I honestly hope the Ravens or Saints win.

LOL... I hear ya. I know better, and I would try to explain my thinking but it would probably sound convoluted anyway. Part of it is that while I'm a solid Packer fan, I didn't grow up in Wisconsin or the Great Lakes area, don't really have a connection there and perhaps I don't feel the rivalry quite as deeply as I should. Where I live, there aren't many Packers fans or Bears fans, so there's no way to really rev up the rivalry. Doesn't mean I will put on a Bears shirt or actually be seen/heard cheering for them, though.. LOL..
so anyways... (ducks for cover) -

Good point about the Ravens... I could root for them. Sweet justice in my mind would be the Ravens beating the Indy Colts in the AFC championship game (remembering the Colts exodus from Baltimore). I have no idea if that's possible within the playoff structure, I haven't even looked at the bracket. THat's how uninterested I am in the AFC.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

GO PACK GO

GO PACK GO

GO PACK GO

I picked the Ravens in the begining when they signed McNair and I heard Lewis say he was like a new man.

I'm kind of waver in that feeling now, seeing how well the Chargers are doing, but I'm gonna stick with the Ravens.

NFC - dont like the Bears, don't like the Cowboys, don't like the Saints(sorry but the poor saints bit has been overdone), the Giants don't like themselves an neither do i, that pretty much leavse Seahawks and Eagles.

Seahawks/Eagles vs Ravens
Ravens win.

edit, removed 30 of the gpg :)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In this order, I will stick up for the Colts, Chargers, Saints, and well, that's about it. The Colts have some great players who I would like to see win a championship, the Chargers are solid and very likeable, and the Saints are likeable too. I will root for the Chargers cautiously, however, because Chokenheimer has broken my heart a few times before.

Teams I will root against are the Cowboys, Seahawks, Patriots, and Ravens.

My best guess for the Super Bowl is Ravens over Saints.

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Chargers will be entertaining, if you want to watch a team for entertainment I would watch Chargers games.

I will be supporting Patriots though. I think you should admire a team that can consistently put up great records year after year. They seem to continually win their division and not much is said.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It would be funny if Garcia took the Eagles all the way to the show and won it...

Next year bumper stickers in Phila. would read..

"McNabb can't win the big one..!"

(With a picture of him puking in his helmet.. :thumbsup: )

I'm kind of hoping the Giants pull it together riding on Tiki's back...but I doubt that will happen...

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather eat shít than see the following teams win the Superbowl: Indianapolis, Seattle, Chicago. This year I'm particularly annoyed with the Giants as well. Tom Brady has enough rings already. Give me a champion out of Baltimore, San Diego, New York(Jets), Kansas City, Philadelphia(all of a sudden not so annoying w/out McNabb), Dallas(I'd like to see TO holding the Lombardi Trophy just to see certain people crapping themselves over it), or New Orleans.

Members online

Latest posts