Who would you rather we draft at #21?

Which ONE would you prefer we get among these "Popular-5" for us + Borland?

• Total voters

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard the Rams are looking to trade their 2nd over all pick???? What you give up for that pick, And picking up Clowney? They Pack have two second round pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard the Rams are looking to trade their 2nd over all pick???? What you give up for that pick, And picking up Clowney? They Pack have two second round pick.

Well for starters this is never ever going to happen sooo this is all a moot point but I would not be in favor of this. Would have to give up more then just a 2nd to do it as well.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Eventhough the draft pick value chart is said to be outdated and not used anymore what it can do is give you somewhat of an idea as to what it would cost. Pick #2 in the draft has a value of 2600 while the 21st pick has a value of 800. 2nd Rd picks range fro 580 down to 270. Basically in order to get the #2 pick it would require a future 1st as well which TT will never do.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's becoming more and more evident we won't be getting Finley back. So I think we need to take Eric Ebron at #21 if he is still on the board.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have strong doubts about Ebron or Mosley being there at #21. The same is true to a lesser extent of both Pryor and Clinton-Dix. If all 4 are off the board, who do we take?

Borland is not a 1st rounder, and Louis Nix...it all depends if Jolly is back or not. If he is, I don't see Nix as a need. If Jolly isn't, then maybe so.

If all 4 are off the board, I'd like to see us trade back for an early 2nd and 3rd rounder, but what team is going to want to jump up 10-18 spots to #21 and give up their 2 and 3?

And if we can't trade back, do we go after one of these guys?

Ra'shede Hageman
Ryan Shazier
Justin Gilbert
Odell Beckham Jr.

In other words, do we go with BPA regardless and pick a Gilbert or Beckham, or more with a position of need that is probably not the BPA, i.e. Hageman or Shazier?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

The same Rams traded their 2012 #2 pick to the Redskins and got three first rounders and a second round pick in return. TT will and should never do something like that.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have strong doubts about Ebron or Mosley being there at #21. The same is true to a lesser extent of both Pryor and Clinton-Dix. If all 4 are off the board, who do we take?

Borland is not a 1st rounder, and Louis Nix...it all depends if Jolly is back or not. If he is, I don't see Nix as a need. If Jolly isn't, then maybe so.

If all 4 are off the board, I'd like to see us trade back for an early 2nd and 3rd rounder, but what team is going to want to jump up 10-18 spots to #21 and give up their 2 and 3?

And if we can't trade back, do we go after one of these guys?

Ra'shede Hageman
Ryan Shazier
Justin Gilbert
Odell Beckham Jr.

In other words, do we go with BPA regardless and pick a Gilbert or Beckham, or more with a position of need that is probably not the BPA, i.e. Hageman or Shazier?
Gilbert, Shazier (he was my pick in my mock). I would not take Hagemann or Beckham - would have to find another option. I figure there will be about 6 or 8 players all about the same tier to chose from. Gilbert would represent good value at that point.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, I wouldn't be in favor of this but if we DID trade up to the second pick I'd actually be happier drafting Khalil Mack than Clowney (which is good since I still think Clowney goes #1). Football Outsiders does something called SackSEER which is supposed to estimate the number of sacks a player is capable of in their first five years in the NFL and their model actually projects Mack as the better pass rusher. Clowney is only 15lbs heavier and while he ran the 40 0.1 seconds faster, Mack absolutely CRUSHED Clowney in the three-cone drill (basically 0.2 seconds faster) and also beat Clowney in vertical leap and broad jump. The only negative about Mack is his quality of competition but that didn't hurt Demarcus Ware too much.

Just an fyi, Football Outsiders' SackSEER would actually prefer Mack over Peppers and Jevon Kearse when they came out of college (those two used to be the first and second ranked players in SackSEER's history).

D Frank

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ILB over a S First round, only if Mosley is available.. If both him and Pryor are there when we choose, I'd take Mosley.. I'd rather have a Hawk and Mosley tandem with Hyde up top with a developing safety behind him, than a hawk and developing LB tandem with Pryor up top.. We need a beasty ILB before a beasty S... Even better a beasty NT in Nix, but he should be long gone by the time 21 rolls around.. So kould Mosley and Pryor.. Roll of the dice baby.. Play our hand..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts