Who won’t be there at 22

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After really breaking down as many players as possible the past 2-3 weeks and researching as much draft talk as possible, here is my list of players you can check of the list for the Packers if they stay at 22. I will also include a list of possibles. I’m not going to include QBs but feel there is about a 50-50 chance two will be gone.

Good As Gone

WR G Wilson
WR D London
WR J Williams
OL C Cross
OL E Neal
OL I Ekwonu
DE A Hutchinson
DE K Thibodeaux
DE J Johnson II
DL T Walker
DL J Davis
LB N Dean
DB D Stingley JR
DB A Gardner
S K Hamilton

Possibles

WR C Olave
WR T Burks
OL K Green
OL T Linderbaum
OL T Penning
DE G Karlaftis
DL D Wyatt
LB D Lloyd
DB T McDuffie

if a few QBs are thrown into the mix, this would make 26 players that will make up the majority of round One. The thing to keep in mind is in almost every draft, there are about 3-4 players that will be selected higher in round one then expected, and a few more that really weren’t expected to go in round one at all.

If I had to increase the numbers on that first list, I would include Olave, Burks and Karlaftis. I hope I am wrong, but I don’t feel good about the Packers having any of the top 5 WRs on the board at 22 or Karlaftis either.

I do feel very confident that the Packers would have to move up into the top 15 to get a player on the first list.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only issue on your 1st list is Dean. I also fear that Jets #10, WSH #11, HOU #13, N.O. 16 or 19, PIT #20 (I hope they go QB ) N.E. #21 could go WR in round 1.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
My only issue on your 1st list is Dean.
I fully agree, there's a good chance Dean falls out of the 1st Rd.... For the Packers, I would take Quay Walker in the 1st rd. over Nakobe. I think Quay could be Campbell 2.0, and having two elite tackling guys at LB would be fabulous.

Reaction score
My only issue on your 1st list is Dean. I also fear that Jets #10, WSH #11, HOU #13, N.O. 16 or 19, PIT #20 (I hope they go QB ) N.E. #21 could go WR in round 1.
During 2021 Draft. Most of the first 1/2 of Day 1(A) was accurate but mainly shuffled some
vs consensus picks (1-16)

When we started Round 1(B)
(17-32) it was becoming more volatile.

LB Owusu-Karamoah was one of the bigger surprises consensus 18 to 52
Edge Azeez Ojulari 28 crashed to 50
DL Christian Barmore 28 picked @38
WR K Toney rose from 30 to 20
WR Terrance Marshall fell 32 to 59.
CB Stokes 46 we snatched early@29

The biggest rise at WR in Kadarius ended up being the biggest mistake thus far. The second half Day 1 last year was obviously more volatile with 1 player sliding 34 spots down the ladder.

Although to be candid, in 2022 Wilson, London, Williams & Olave are all 1A pretty much consensus picks. The odds are they are gone at 22. Although I think 1-2 might be there in the later teens. Then, At 22, Burks is right on top of our pick, then a small gap until late Round 1.

After that, many mocks WR grouping shows the next 4 Wideouts as Dotson, Pickens, Moore Watson all get picked after #28 and before #53
in Round 2(A). Which also could mean If we want to secure one? we need to prepare to either use #28… or trade up aggressively from #53.

Last edited:

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Last year. Most of the first 1/2 of Day 1(A) was accurate but mainly shuffled some
vs consensus picks (1-16)

When we started Round 1(B)
(17-32) it was becoming more volatile.

LB Owusu-Karamoah was one of the bigger surprises consensus 18 to 52
Edge Azeez Ojulari 28 crashed to 50
DL Christian Barmore 28 picked @38
WR K Toney rose from 30 to 20
WR Terrance Marshall fell 32 to 59.
CB Stokes 46 we snatched early@29

The second half Day 1 is obviously more volatile with 1 player sliding 34 spots down the ladder. Although to be candid, Wilson, London, Williams & Olave are all 1A consensus picks. The odds are they are gone at 22. Although I think 1-2 might be there in the later teens. Then, At 22, Burks is right on top of our pick, then a small gap until late Round 1.

After that, consensus WR grouping shows the next 4 Wideouts as Dotson, Pickens, Moore Watson all get picked after #28 and before #53
in Round 2(A). Which also could mean If we want to secure one? we need to prepare to either use #28… or trade up aggressively from #53.
I think this draft is shaping up the same way for rd 1. I'm pretty sure a consensus top 15 guy will be available at pick #22, and when people say no way that guy will be there at such and such a pick.... we just don't know.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
"According to draft analyst Charlie Campbell, Alabama’s Evan Neal and Central Michigan’s Bernhard Raimann have medical concerns that some teams just can’t move past."

I haven't been a fan of Raimann as a first rounder, but Evan Neal tumbling would be a shocker and a bit reminiscent of Laremy Tunsil. Will Neal slide all the way to #22 and make the Packers think about selecting him? I doubt it, but it all depends on what the "medical concern" is.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I never saw anyone outside of very few this low on Stokes. I had him most likely out of reach for GB the entire time and was shocked he fell to 29.
Well nothing personal. I don’t base consensus Mocks on your personal opinion of a player. That’s why I didn’t say Tyni’s Mock ;)

I’m trying to be fair because being “shocked” implies Stokes fell hard to us. So really more like a top 20 kinda “had no business” being at the Packers pick

Maybe a link to Stokes being a consensus top 20 (or even 25) or better to back up your rebuttal claim?

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well nothing personal. I don’t base consensus Mocks on your personal opinion of a player. That’s why I didn’t say Tyni’s Mock ;)

I’m trying to be fair because being “shocked” implies Stokes fell hard to us. So really more like a top 20 kinda “had no business” being at the Packers pick

Maybe a link to Stokes being a consensus top 20 (or even 25) or better to back up your rebuttal claim?
LOL that's why I said I saw very few state that he wasn't a concensus first rounder or ahigher.

Reaction score
Gute will be if he gives me a couple of long awaited for WR's on Thursday and Friday!
I smooth give up unleavened bread for Lent next year if he drafts 2 WR inside 4 selections.
Heck. I’ll do it now and get it out of the way. Excuse me be right back
I need a coconut sprinkled donut

speakhands

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Jordan Davis, Nakobe Dean, or Jermaine Johnson are absolute locks to go top 15. Heck, I don't think Garrett Wilson is a lock to go top 15 either. The only guy with that build/profile to go that early in my memory is Devonta Smith last year, and Devonta was waaaaaay more productive than Wilson.

Actually, I don't think any of the receivers are locks to go before 22, but the one that feels least likely is actually Jameson Williams IMO. Those gamebreakers always seem to go higher than expected, like Waddle leapfrogging Devonta last year.

So the only truly out of reach guys, to me, are:
1. Hutchinson
2. Thibodeux
3. Neal
4. Icky
5. Hamilton
6. Stingley
7. Gardner
8. Walker

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mock this, Mock that,
Gutes' board is
where it's at.
and who's afraid of the ********* bat.

I guess I should have said the large incredibly dark gray bat

Big We can't even quote Batman movies on here. Black

just seeing if the two words separate are censored

Last edited:

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don’t remember Stokes even being mentioned as going in the first round.‍♂️

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t remember Stokes even being mentioned as going in the first round.‍♂️

Stokes starting falling off many first rounds for some as Greg Newsome starting shooting up most. Originally early on the concensus was Caleb Farley, Patrick Surtain, Jaycee Horn and Stokes were the "best 4" and then Newsome climbed into that realm and some starting mocking Newsome before Stokes and even Horn some also loved Samuel late too. Joe Marino was one of the pundits I remember being the highest on Stokes but that is about as far as my memory goes with it.

I know I early on had Farley, Surtain and Horn as for sure not reaching us and then I assumed one of Stokes, Samuel or Newsome might reach us maybe.

Reaction score
Stokes starting falling off many first rounds for some as Greg Newsome starting shooting up most. Originally early on the concensus was Caleb Farley, Patrick Surtain, Jaycee Horn and Stokes were the "best 4" and then Newsome climbed into that realm and some starting mocking Newsome before Stokes and even Horn some also loved Samuel late too. Joe Marino was one of the pundits I remember being the highest on Stokes but that is about as far as my memory goes with it.

I know I early on had Farley, Surtain and Horn as for sure not reaching us and then I assumed one of Stokes, Samuel or Newsome might reach us maybe.
I’m glad we have him he seems like a good selection at #28. If Stokes makes even a slight improvement and J’aire gets back to bring J’aire? We’ve got a treat in store. Especially if we somehow nail Karlaftis or similar. Expect more INT

Thank you for the like. It’s a tough world we gotta take what we are given! ;)

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
and who's afraid of the ********* bat.

I guess I should have said the large incredibly dark gray bat

Big We can't even quote Batman movies on here. Black

just seeing if the two words separate are censored
What are you doing awake, I thought the draft was last week for you?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I smooth give up unleavened bread for Lent next year if he drafts 2 WR inside 4 selections.
Heck. I’ll do it now and get it out of the way. Excuse me be right back
I need a coconut sprinkled donut
I'll be mildly concerned if he picks 2 WR's in the first two rounds. I'm hoping he doesn't do that unless he picks up a couple of additional top 90 picks.

Members online

Latest posts