• Philadelphia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Predictions for the NFC; who do you think will win?

Carolina over Philly

Carolina over Minny
Philly over Atl

Atl over Arizona
Minny over ?

? = GB, St. Louis, Seattle, or Detroit... probably in that order, too.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually this falls into the fun of the NFL today. It's essentially impossible to accurately predict the winner so early. For instance, I don't know anyone who predicted that the Chargers or Steelers would be so good last season, especially both playing with unproven QBs.

That being said, Philly is obviously going into the season as the team to beat. Many teams have made some good moves to get better. Of course it's doubtful that we'll see much from the Giants, 49ers, Arizona, etc. Who knows how good Dallas, Chicago, Detroit, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, Seattle, Atlanta, etc. will be?

In the end, it doesn't matter because I'm a faithful Packer fan and whatever poll you put up, I'll vote for GB!!!

GO PACK GO!!!

OP
OP
P

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough. However, I disagree on Arizona. I think they are the team to beat in a weak NFC West right now. They are young on offense and have made more improvements than any other team in that division. St. Louis and Seattle are sliding the other way.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey PD!

You found us..

Sorry that your first post is somewhat lame... When did YOU turn into a Vikings fan? And Is that the list of wild cards on the bottom? There should only be 2.

Its good you found us...

I will say that in the sorry division the NFC south is, Atlanta is the powerhouse. In the NFC north, Packers are still the team to beat. UNTIL somebody knocks them off their CHAMPION status. We will see if that come to fruition NEXT year.

I'd say Carolina and AZ might be considered Wild cards.

Your pick on the Cards is a good pick based on their somewhat weak schedule but I think Seattle and St Louis are still the forerunners of the division.

I see a Philly in GB for the NFC finale. Packers will get revenge for the previous losses...

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
In the end, it doesn't matter because I'm a faithful Packer fan and whatever poll you put up, I'll vote for GB!!!

Bobby Roberts, do you think because you are dishonest about the Packers chances to make the Super Bowl in 2005, you are a better Packer fan than anyone else???

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
[quote="Bobby Roberts":3qm0lg71]In the end, it doesn't matter because I'm a faithful Packer fan and whatever poll you put up, I'll vote for GB!!!

Bobby Roberts, do you think because you are dishonest about the Packers chances to make the Super Bowl in 2005, you are a better Packer fan than anyone else???[/quote:3qm0lg71]

As usually rusty block (claiming to be Steel Wheels) is attempting sadly to twist words. BTW, I know for a fact that the 2 teams to make the Super Bowl in 2005 were Philly and NE. We're trying to live in the present here and looking toward the 2006 Super Bowl.

I am not at all be dishonest about the Packers chances. I merely stated that I'm looking at the poll with green and gold colored glasses. Right now I think that GB has as good a chance as anyone in the NFC to make the Super Bowl this season. A top 5 Offense is returning to the field with the leader hungry to get started. Even with a bottom defense last season, we still won the division with 10 wins again. There's no place for this defense to go but up. If Bates can get the defense to average (around #15), then we can definitely make it to the big dance!

BTW rusy block, you can debate all you like, but it's obvious that you are looking for the Packers to lose this year, so I don't know how that really makes you a fan.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
Right now I think that GB has as good a chance as anyone in the NFC to make the Super Bowl this season.

HaHaHaHa...LMAO...Right now in Vegas you can bet the Packers over/under win total for the 2005 season at 8 1/2.

Bet the ranch Bobby.

BTW, my prediction is 8-8 plus or minus 1.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in my complete and unbiased opinion...atlanta...

every QB has the year where he emerges, Micheal Vick is due to have that year, assuming he FINALLY picks up the new offensive system which presented difficulty for him last year...a strong defense, they signed Ed Hartwell on top of what was already a stellar, young defense...as for Philly, you know I won't pick Philly,

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea about the NFC West, but I can't bring myself to pick anyone with Kurt Warner at QB. I like Philly, Green Bay, Carolina and Seattle as the division winners with Minnesota and Atlanta as wildcards.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
[quote="Bobby Roberts":12cm61oo]Right now I think that GB has as good a chance as anyone in the NFC to make the Super Bowl this season.

HaHaHaHa...LMAO...Right now in Vegas you can bet the Packers over/under win total for the 2005 season at 8 1/2.

Bet the ranch Bobby.

BTW, my prediction is 8-8 plus or minus 1.[/quote:12cm61oo]

Hey Chase, YOU predicted 7-9 LAST year... Did you bet the farm on that?
Other than the motivation created by your hatred for Sherman, is their any other reeason to think that way?

This after Walker and Jackson decided to report to camp tells me that YOU are really upset that Sherman and his Pacckers might have a chance...

Keep twisting and one day you will break.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
[quote="Bobby Roberts":3w33o8tz]Right now I think that GB has as good a chance as anyone in the NFC to make the Super Bowl this season.

Bet the ranch Bobby.

BTW, my prediction is 8-8 plus or minus 1.[/quote:3w33o8tz]

Oh great! We can forget about playing the season now. Vegas has already figured out how well every team will do before it even started!

BTW, how did you predict GB to finish after starting 1-4 last season?? I predicted them to finish 12-4 and I'll bet that I was a hell of a lot closer than you to the final result!

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
BTW, how did you predict GB to finish after starting 1-4 last season?? I predicted them to finish 12-4 and I'll bet that I was a hell of a lot closer than you to the final result!

For your information I predicted the Packers to go 9-7 (plus or minus 1) for the last 2 seasons.

BTW, I was right both seasons.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
[quote="Bobby Roberts":31ol03d6]BTW, how did you predict GB to finish after starting 1-4 last season?? I predicted them to finish 12-4 and I'll bet that I was a hell of a lot closer than you to the final result!

For your information I predicted the Packers to go 9-7 (plus or minus 1) for the last 2 seasons.

BTW, I was right both seasons.[/quote:31ol03d6]

Was that prediction before the season started or after 5 games into the season??

I know this is a difficult concept to understand for some, but I wasn't asking about your prediction before the season.

OP
OP
P

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<<<
Obi1 said:
Hey PD!

You found us..>>>

Yes, after some digging. What's up with the News-Chronicle going under? I'm having to get used to this forum format a little. I saw chick and cali here. What about gravedigger, matt, dukepack, and the others?

And yes, this post is a bit lame, but I haven't done my due diligence on Green Bay thus far and can't speak intelligently about their upcoming season. So I started with some fluff stuff.

Arizona and Detroit are my picks for most improved NFC teams. I would say Carolina is most improved... but they are just healthy again, not really improved. They did make 4 big time improvements with the additions of Wahle (thank you), Lucas, Thomas Davis, and most recently Rod Gardner (as a #3 receiver no less!).

Our lone weakness (in the minds of the Panther Nation anyway) is at right guard, where incumbent Tutan Reyes remains. The drafting of Evan Mathis (2nd most bench reps at the combine and finished 1st or 2nd in every offensive lineman drill) could see that "hole" filled.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pantherd,
I am the former DukePack. I haven't been posting much lately, but I'm sure that will change within the next couple of weeks.
Hammer

OP
OP
P

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. My posts will likely increase too, but I'm truly looking forward to the week of 10/3.

Hate this forum format!

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pantherd said:
<<<
Obi1 said:
Hey PD!

You found us..>>>

Yes, after some digging. What's up with the News-Chronicle going under? I'm having to get used to this forum format a little. I saw chick and cali here. What about gravedigger, matt, dukepack, and the others?

And yes, this post is a bit lame, but I haven't done my due diligence on Green Bay thus far and can't speak intelligently about their upcoming season. So I started with some fluff stuff.

Arizona and Detroit are my picks for most improved NFC teams. I would say Carolina is most improved... but they are just healthy again, not really improved. They did make 4 big time improvements with the additions of Wahle (thank you), Lucas, Thomas Davis, and most recently Rod Gardner (as a #3 receiver no less!).

Our lone weakness (in the minds of the Panther Nation anyway) is at right guard, where incumbent Tutan Reyes remains. The drafting of Evan Mathis (2nd most bench reps at the combine and finished 1st or 2nd in every offensive lineman drill) could see that "hole" filled.

I hate to add another possible hole, but the plan is for Wahle to LT. He tried this awhile back and failed. Actually he did so poorly that he wasn't even used as the backup when Clifton got hurt. Flannagon, the center, had to move over to LT.

If there is a solid backup LT to take over and then move Wahle to RG, then this is not an issue. Otherwise you're looking at question marks for 2 positions on the OL right now.

OP
OP
P

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wahle will not be the LT. That is Travelle Wharton's position. Jordan Gross has been moved back to the RT (his rookie position of '03).

Wahle is being left at his former Green Bay position of LG. He is expected to pull and hit moving objects. Much like he did effectively for you.

Wharton will surprise you. He ended the season last year (as a rookie) as the starting LG and played extremely well.

His collegiate position was LT. He was a 4 year starter at South Carolina. Their line sucked, and does suck... practically every year. He had zero help, however, against the likes of David Pollack, Marcus Spears, Jovan Haye and others in the SEC, Wharton gave up NO sacks after the second game of his FRESHMAN season!

Carolina coaches like his feet and hands. He is extremely quick off the ball. He isn't a mauler, but getting to the QB will be a well earned trip for any DE beating him.

Gross is better on the right side. As a rookie, he was one of the best in the league. At LT his second season, he was a middle of the pack type of guy.

With Wharton being a "middle of the pack" guy, Wahle being a stud at LG, Mitchell being one of the best in the business at C, and Gross as a dominating RT... our weak link is Reyes/Mathis. If Mathis is as good as advertised, will be just fine.

OP
OP
P

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Hate this forum format!
Sorry to hear that.

Sorry. Just was frustrated learning the new forum.

If things aren't just infantly simple for me, I tend to complain. Now that I figured out how to upload my images... it's just fine.

You've done a great job, and as an outsider, I appreciate your efforts! Thanks Ryan.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
It's all good. Glad to have other fans on the site!

i like the diversity, no "homers"--guys who think their team is the best no matter what (then again, no eagles fans on here yet)--i think it reflects this board's overall packer and NFL knowledge that other nfl fans our willing to tolerate this large congregation of cheeseheads

Members online

Latest posts