Who will watch the Super Bowl...

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get not watching it. I know it's painful, but it's the freakin' Super Bowl.

The only sports I watch are college football and the NFL.

So the Super Bowl is the last hurrah until draft day, then the Hall of Fame ceremony, then the actual kickoff of the season.

I am going to miss football.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm probably not going to watch it unless its for a party or the food. I don't think it's painful. I just think it's boring this year. Neither of these teams has any compelling interest for me. And the thought of Madonna at half time makes me cringe. Why don't they use some younger talent? I know they are trying to hype the "re-match" aspect, but it isn't working for me. I think of these two teams playing each other and yawn. If the Niners or the Texans or somebody a little fresher were in, I'd probably be a lot more interested. But this will be like trying to drink 3 day old and opened stale beer....

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll probably watch it on and off while I'm doing something else. I really don't care who wins and haven't got over the fact that the Pack is not in it.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant think of a superbowl in recent memory that ive had as little interest in as this one. somehow i think the ratings for this years game will NOT match last years...which was the highest rated tv show in history.
is there really anyone (apart from giants and pats fans) who is really hyped to see this years game? its like, been there, done that.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I cant think of a superbowl in recent memory that ive had as little interest in as this one. somehow i think the ratings for this years game will NOT match last years...which was the highest rated tv show in history.
is there really anyone (apart from giants and pats fans) who is really hyped to see this years game? its like, been there, done that.

Exactly, New York and Boston teams in a professional sports championship...so old and worn out.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But it's the Super Bowl. I just cant Imagine an NFL fan not looking forward to the Super Bowl. Ever. If you're a Packer fan and not an NFL fan, then I understand. And there are plenty of people in that category. And theres nothing wrong with that. That's just not me. I watch as much NFL football as I can. How can an NFL fan not be excited for the championship game?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
But it's the Super Bowl. I just cant Imagine an NFL fan not looking forward to the Super Bowl. Ever. If you're a Packer fan and not an NFL fan, then I understand. And there are plenty of people in that category. And theres nothing wrong with that. That's just not me. I watch as much NFL football as I can. How can an NFL fan not be excited for the championship game?

Been an big NFL fan a long time, but I don't watch all games just because they are games. My son does. But for me it's like eating a Cheesesteak sandwich. I can get what is "supposedly" one at Subway, or I can go to Little Pete's in Philadelphia and have one. I won't eat a Subway Cheesesteak just because I love Cheesesteak sandwiches. So I won't watch some football games either. I guess I've been a fan so long I'm bored with the monotony of New York and New England teams always being in the running. Heck I don't mind that the Packers aren't in it this year. It's real hard to do every year these days. But I would have found it a lot more interesting if someone else other than the same ole same ole playoff contenders was there. It's part of why I gave up on Major League Baseball.... New York and Boston get there so often it is monotonous.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I've watched every Super Bowl, even before they called it the Super Bowl, so of course I'll watch. The degree to which I pay attention varies, but I will always watch it. Even those who have no interest in football and/or the NFL will be watching so I will be surprised if those who say they won't watch actually don't. It is as much a cultural event as it is a football game nowadays (and has been for some time).

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I've watched every Super Bowl, even before they called it the Super Bowl, so of course I'll watch. The degree to which I pay attention varies, but I will always watch it. Even those who have no interest in football and/or the NFL will be watching so I will be surprised if those who say they won't watch actually don't. It is as much a cultural event as it is a football game nowadays (and has been for some time).

Yeah, I'd go for a party and good eats and drinks, but can't say I'd be much interested in watching. The parties I've been to usually have a cadre of people who don't watch it at all but hobnob instead. So the "cultural event" may not mean they actually care or, even do watch. I may join them this year if I go to a party. But at this point it doesn't look like any parties on the horizon, so I may skip the whole thing. Somehow I think those who have no interest won't be as compelled to watch this year. I mean think about it. What is the big "selling point" this year? The rematch. We're not talking Frazier vs. Ali here. This is no thrilla.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But for me it's like eating a Cheesesteak sandwich. I can get what is "supposedly" one at Subway, or I can go to Little Pete's in Philadelphia and have one. I won't eat a Subway Cheesesteak just because I love Cheesesteak sandwiches. So I won't watch some football games either.

Nice analogy. I like that. And I agree. There are games that I have much less interest in watching. But for me, I suppose you could say that there is something inherently "Little Pete-like" about the stage of the game. I'm not watching simply because of the teams, but because it's the Super Bowl. Giants-Pats (two teams I detest) Super Bowl holds much more interest to me than Giants-Pats regular season. And to that end, Giants-Pats regular season is more interesting than Giants-Pats pre-season. I'm not watching it just because it's a game. I'm watching it because it's the Super Bowl.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Nice analogy. I like that. And I agree. There are games that I have much less interest in watching. But for me, I suppose you could say that there is something inherently "Little Pete-like" about the stage of the game. I'm not watching simply because of the teams, but also because it's the Super Bowl. Giants-Pats (two teams I detest) Super Bowl holds much more interest to me than Giants-Pats regular season. And to that end, Giants-Pats regular season is more interesting than Giants-Pats per-season. I'm not watchingitnjust because it's a game. I'm watching it because it's the Super Bowl.
Not me. I'm still bitter and carrying a grudge. Please pray for me. ;)

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, i am gonna watch it and i will be rooting for Pats. The lesser of two evils!

I'll be watching, but rooting for the Giants, but by the same logic. Lesser if two evils. Either way, I'm going to see a team that I dislike get taken down. It's going to be fun to watch one of them lose. It sounds harsh, but it'll make me feel better.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'll be watching, but rooting for the Giants, but by the same logic. Lesser if two evils. Either way, I'm going to see a team that I dislike get taken down. It's going to be fun to watch one of them lose. It sounds harsh, but it'll make me feel better.

BTW - I'm gonna be in your neck of the woods this weekend. Some of it in Voorhees, some of it up by Lambertville.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing to fear from me. I'm old and slow. The only thing that would be a concern is that I can shoot fairly well. But I only shoot guys who are trying to date my daughters.

LOL! I'm a Packers fan, don't shoot at me! :) Hint: go for the ones with the wings on their heads!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People don't get all the hate on the Patriots from the Packer fans, just as I don't understand all the "I hate Drew Brees! He's a stat *****! Wah wah wah" from this forum. Only on this forum do I see the most crazy **** *****ing about running the score up or stats, yet they want to pull for the Patriots LMAO. You guys better not ever point the finger at anyone running stats and scores up again if you are pulling for New England, because while you love to single out Brees, Brady and Billechek have been doing it for years now, go through all those games where they didn't have to keep throwing it to him 400 passing yards, the 50 TD season, and all those 50 point blow outs.

I sincerely hope that wasn't directed at me. I was the one who said I don't get all the hate for the Patriots and never once have I complained about Drew Brees' record chasing or running up the score. In fact I've gone on record several times saying I don't see what the big deal is. I think whining about teams running up the score is just stupid.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
LOL! I'm a Packers fan, don't shoot at me! :) Hint: go for the ones with the wings on their heads!

We don't have reciprocity with New Jersey. I'd have to get a special waiver to carry concealed over your way. ;) But I will mention that the only one of my daughters who I've married off so far is married to a guy who took down an 800 pound elk with a bow. I have high standards for my sons in laws. :tup:

Members online