Who Will Start at DT next to Ryan Pickett?

Who Will Start at DT next to Ryan Pickett?

• Cullen Jenkins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colin Cole

• Corey Williams

• Donnell Washington

• Dude Ryan Pickett isnt going to start

• Total voters

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it will be Cole and Jenkins seeing about the same amount of time with the others maybe coming in to give them some time to rest but Cole or Jenkins is our starter next to Pickett as of now

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins is good, real good. I dont know why he gets no love from the packers community. He will get majority of action at that DT spot.

(im not taking anything from cole, he good too, but jenkins is better).

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Jenkins as well. But as I read (don't remember where, probably here), if you don't have a stud at that position, it's good to get a rotation of of grunts in there. Fresh legs throughout the game at DT is a good thing.
Won't be surprised to see Donnell Washington gets the axe though, isn't he the guy who showed up out of shape?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there will be a rotation regardless...(even KGB gets rotated)

who will START next to pickett is the question.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was actually dissapointed in Jenkins last year. I thought he had a real chance to shine and for the most part was invisible. He only recorded 23 tackles compared to Grady's 38.

I would prefer beef at the other DT spot. I don't understand for the life of me why they don't move Jenkins to the outside. I think his speed would be used more effectively there.

I think Corey Williams will step up this year and I like Cole as well. If I had my pick I would pick Corey Williams however

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My gut tells me Cole has a good chance of getting alot reps., I just remember him being very active and disruptive whenever he was in the game last year.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My gut says Cole, my brain says Jenkins.

Maybe that injury prone freakazoid Washington will finally do something.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it's horrible that i don't know this, but what happened to Grady...just a mutual agreement not to return?

As for Jenkins, i agree w/ pyledriver....2 years ago he looked like he was ready to blossom, that 2005 would be his year, but then last year was sort of a thud! Is it because he needs to be outside? Was last year just an anomoly? I dunno

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's going to be Corey Williams. Time to give him his due. Hard worker and is constantly improving. Has made the most noise at training camp. I think he is expected to start now. Though we'll use a 4-man rotation. Jenkins, Cole, Williams, and Picket. Possibly Kendrick Bell could break into it as well. All big young healthy players.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky is right -- it will be a 4 man rotation
Pickett, Cole, Jenkins and Williams will all see plenty of playing time. Who starts may depend upon who they are matched up against week to week.

Each has talent and each brings different tools to the table.

Jenkins has talent but may be closer to reaching his upside potential than Williams or Cole. Cole had as good a season as Grady last year and is still developing. Cory Williams is loaded with upside, works hard and has just begun to scratch the surface of his potential. However, like I said, all 4 players will get significant playing time and the only one assured of starting each week is (probably) Pickett.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
I know it's horrible that i don't know this, but what happened to Grady...just a mutual agreement not to return?

As for Jenkins, i agree w/ pyledriver....2 years ago he looked like he was ready to blossom, that 2005 would be his year, but then last year was sort of a thud! Is it because he needs to be outside? Was last year just an anomoly? I dunno

That is bad. The main reason for signing Pickett is because TT wasn't going to resign Grady. Jackson's contract is up and he's a FA. TT is not going to pay him the money he's looking for.

As for the vote, why in the world is Washington on that list?? Jolly would make more sense than Washington at this point.

I think it will be Williams. Corey was ready to fill in well for Hunt last season, but suffered some injuries. He's got great size and talent to go along with great desire. Cole and Jenkins did well last year and are also great workers, but Williams is a better player than them and that will show.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
Did Grady sign with anyone? If not I wouldn't mind seeing Grad and Picket on the short yard situations.

Grady is still a FA and would only come back to Green Bay if we pay him more than Pickett. He was quoted saying "I deserve more money than Ryan Pickett, I'm better than he is" To me Grady comes off as a A-Hole. :D

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The door is wide open for any of the 3(Williams, Cole or Jenkins). I will throw the dart and say it will be Williams for his size and athleticism, although when all is said and done all 4 interior guys will see plenty of snaps.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is why i said when Free agency started that our D-Line was really good and didn't need to be changed much at all(except grady replacement, which we did, and nothing else).

Our D line should be very good(and constantly fresh)

good times, I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts