Who Will Not Be Back Next Year?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you think wont be back next year?

RB's
Vernand Morency
Noah Herron

I think these 2 RB's wont be back, both are RFA's this season. That leaves us with Ryan Grant, Brandon Jackson, and DeShawn Wynn for now but another RB or 2 will be brought in through the draft or maybe FA. There are some good ones in FA that likely wont stay with there team next year. I wouldnt even be surprised if at some point DeShawn Wynn didnt make it because he has been constantly hurt already and has shown a pretty poor work ethic.

WR's
Shaun Bodiford
Ruvell Martin
Caryle Holiday

I like Ruvell Martin and would like for him to stay but he is our 5th WR and is an UFA. I think he will look to go to a team where he could see more playing time and more money. Shaun Bodiford hasnt did anything really and Caryle Holiday is a RFA and might stay but I doubt it as well I dont think we will resign him. This leaves us with Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones, Koren Robinson.

TE's
Bubba Franks
Ryan Krause

Bubba is supposed to get paid alot next year and he has a reduced role and really is only a blocker now. I dont think he will be back because of the amount of money he is set to earn so unless he takes a paycut I dont think Franks will be back. Ryan Krause was brought in just when we needed a TE to fill in because Bubba was hurt. Him or Tory Humphrey who coaches thought alot of before shortly getting hurt in training camp wont be back, or both could be gone.

D-Line
Corey Williams
Conard Bolston

Corey is an UFA an is going to be seeking a huge payday come free agency and is going to get it. Unforunatly I dont know if it is going to be from the Packers since we drafted Justin Harrell in round 1, I hope he stays around but I doubt it. Conard Bolston and maybe a few of the other younger guys might get beat out by someone else in camp.

DB
Jarret Bush
Frank Walker
Charlie Peprah

Jarret Bush hasnt done alot to impress anyone I dont think he will be back. Frank Walker never really saw the field and will be replaced by someone younger with more potential knowing TT. Charlie Peprah didnt get to play much either besides special teams and we can find someone else to do that with more potential at playing safety then himself.

Other Possibles
Craig Nall-QB
Ryan Powdrell-FB
John Kuhn-FB
Tory Humphrey-TE
Tyson Walter- G
Tony Palmer- G
Orrin Thompson- T
Colin Cole-DT
Daniel Muir-DT
Jason Hunter-DE
Tyrone Culver-S

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of see Holliday back. R Martin will be more sought after, whereas Holliday is a sleeper and other teams don't know about his talents, which we all got to see in a few games.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Wynn is going to get cut. I think he's talented but he's a softy. Noah Herron is a heck of a player. I think he can be one of the better 3rd own backs in the league. I hope the Pack keep him.

The only big loss this team is going to take is Corey Williams in my opinion.

I kind of see Holliday back. R Martin will be more sought after, whereas Holliday is a sleeper and other teams don't know about his talents, which we all got to see in a few games.

I like Holiday. I think he would be a good replacement for Martin if Martin signs elsewhere. I was not aware that Martin was a UFA. I thought an exclusive rights FA but if we do lose Martin, I look for Holiday to take his place.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Wynn is going to get cut. I think he's talented but he's a softy. Noah Herron is a heck of a player. I think he can be one of the better 3rd own backs in the league. I hope the Pack keep him.

Yup, I think Wynn gets cut before Herron.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coming into the league, DeShawn Wynn was considered to have a poor work ethic, but I've heard nothing but good things about his work ethic since he became a Packer. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Being injury prone is a bigger problem. If he gets his body into better shape and avoids injury, he could be a force next year.

I'm not sure about Carlyle Holliday. I like him quite a bit, and if Ruvell Martin leaves, Holliday could be an equally good replacement.

I agree with most of your picks, though. Good list.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Herron, but I think Wynn showed more flash.
If he can get over the injury bug next year, I think Wynn has a better chance at making the team.
But I'd hate to see Herron go.
We'll see, I guess.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what i think is really sweet is this.

We made the NFC championship game with a very young team and plenty of cap space.

So that means after we trim some fat and replace it with some new muscle... we will be freakin sick next year. Its just nice to have that freedom. because we were fiscally smart... the only way to go from here is up... and we dont have too far to go.

just think about the possibilities from here. looking at packerlegends fairly quality list i say 12-14 players could be gone. with the only real worry being Corey Williams (DT depth strikes again). So 9 Rookies, and 3-5 quality free agents at a budget price and this team will be very shored up and primed for a Super Bowl run. (and remain in good financial standing at the same time)

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can never have too many defensive tackles. We'll see.

I'm pulling for a free agent CB though, not a draftee.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who here thinks that putting Donald in the slot and moving K-rob to his spot is a good idea?

Driver isn't as much of a deep threat as he is an over the middle kind of guy who can break tackles.

We would then move James Jones to 4th Wideout.

This has nothing to do with thinking that any of these guys underachieved. I think they are great WR, but think that this could possibly be more affective.

What do you think?

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DD already plays in the slot in multiple WR sets most of the time, so you aren't suggesting anything that isn't already done. When KR is in, he's outside, and either DD or sometimes Jennings are the slot guy.

Also, to the OP, Martin is an exclusive rights FA which means he will almost certainly be back.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope we keep Ruvell. Hes a good run blocker at wideout and has good chemistry with both ARod and Brett. Hes also a good guy to have in the locker room.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts