Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drew Brees

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should be changed to "which QB will look better"

Brett's obviously better but Brees will look to be the better QB just like Grossman.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre would be better under 2 conditions - our OL gives him some protection and our DL actually puts a little bit of pressure on their QB. Grossman had enough time to drink a beer out there before choosing a receiver.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game screams of deep bombs. Why? Bush is going to have the DB's playing up to stop the run or the dump pass, screens etc...Once our Db's start creeping up look for the WR to beat both the DB and safeties. I hope we play a much better game Pass D wise, but with such a dynamic potential run threat, it could get ugly. We need our front 4 to get some pass rush to keep the LB's off blocks so they can work side to side. If not we'll need the DB help and it may be off to the races for the Aints. I hope I'm wrong. This is not the Saints of last year.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints D doesn't scare me. Favre will tear them to shreds, provided he has more than 1.3 seconds to throw the ball.

Ok, maybe saying that he'll tear them to shreds is a little much, but he'll throw more TDs than INTs. :p

I hope.

Please Brett?

OP
OP
net

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:09 pm Post subject: Re: Who will be the best QB this Sunday?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

net wrote:
Grossman was the better QB last Sunday.

And I have a gut feeling that made you just a little happy for some wierd reason , eh net ?
------------------

I'm confused at the belief that somehow I want Brett Favre to fail. I don't. Packer fans don't want him to fail. I'm a Packer fan.

My only desire is for the fans to view him not as some superhuman icon, like DePack, but as a QB who must meet the same performance standards other QB's in the NFL must do.

I never had a problem with Favre as a Vicoden addict, excessive drinker, (those he admitted to) and a couple other things I heard. When Sunday in the fall came around, he strapped it on and did his job. I even forgave him for throwing 5-6 interceptions in the playoff game against the Rams.
He's had some remarkable nights, like the night after his father died vs. Oakland and many others.

When I started to have problems with him was sometime within the past two to three years when I sensed his attitude changed to..."I'm the Green Bay Packers...." To a degree, he's right. He's the face of the franchise.
But his performance began to fall off. Fans, like DePack, seemed to not be bothered by the interceptions and fumbles, and as long as the touchdowns followed, it was a wash. But with the lesser team he apparently now has around him, mistakes hold an even greater magnitude. What is strange about it is he has Driver, Franks, Clifton, Tauscher, Green, Henderson, and a couple others...players from the high-production offense days...yet making zero points is really, really terrible, but any standards. Favre is the trigger on the cannon, and it has been misfiring.

His accuracy vs. Grossman Sunday is case in point. If you have a videotape, watch Grossman's passes vs. Favre's. Grossman also hasn't played much in the last year..Favre is no longer a threat to run(age) and so the other team can simply fall back into coverage with 7 people, further hindering the attack.

I simply want to bring some reality to the discussion. He's not washed up, and for now, he's better than Aaron Rodgers. But the time is coming in the not-to-distant future where a change will need to be made.

I sat at Lambeau and watched Bart Starr's final season as a player. It was tough to watch. He still had all the instincts, but his deadly accuracy went away. He played one season too long, and I'm hoping this is not the case with Favre, but I have my suspicions that it just might be.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do realize that it takes more then Taucher and Clifton to protect Brett. I'm not going to argue he's not at his prime but to argue that he has Driver(a good receiver but on his own) and 2 veteran lineman so he should put up the same stats is hardly any more realistic. Take any QB and you'll see his accuracy slip as he's constantly under pressure. As I recall Peyton's accuracy sure slipped last year against Pittsburgh.Maybe it's time for Peyton to retire, he sure looked old in that game.LOL

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
You do realize that it takes more then Taucher and Clifton to protect Brett. I'm not going to argue he's not at his prime but to argue that he has Driver(a good receiver but on his own) and 2 veteran lineman so he should put up the same stats is hardly any more realistic. Take any QB and you'll see his accuracy slip as he's constantly under pressure. As I recall Peyton's accuracy sure slipped last year against Pittsburgh.Maybe it's time for Peyton to retire, he sure looked old in that game.LOL

Exactly! Peyton looked awful against the Steelers last year. And Tom Brady looked bad last week as well. Big Ben looked horrible in the SB too. Should they be benched or traded?

That type of logic is silly.

GBpsyco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be a toss-up.Can Brett take another loss like last week at home
again??Then again, we still have the same o-line. :(

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2005 Stats for a guy who was forced to throw 3rd in total yardage as we had no running game and were playing from behind most the time but managed to finish 1st in completions:

Rank Player Team Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating

1 Tom Brady NE 4110 530 334 26 14 71 92.3
2 Trent Green KC 4014 507 317 17 10 60 90.1
3 Brett Favre GB 3881 607 372 20 29 59 70.9

Give the man some Protection and a Running game and watch the Int numbers come down and passer rating go up. Don't give it to him and he will take shots like he did at the end of last game, it's that simple !!!

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easy Winni.

That kind of talk will get you accused of spouting conspiracy theories around here. I happen to agree with you, but there are those who would rather pin the blame on Favre than to realistically look at the situation in GB.

I hope that management can figure something out to protect our QB. I'd like to see the Packers win some games this year.

Go Pack Go
Go TT Go.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
Easy Winni.

That kind of talk will get you accused of spouting conspiracy theories around here. I happen to agree with you, but there are those who would rather pin the blame on Favre than to realistically look at the situation in GB.

Huh? :roll:

I don't think posting some stats and stating the obvious fact that Favre needs better protection will confuse anyone with spouting conspiracy theories.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts