Who will be the #1 team in the Big Ten next year?

Aaron09

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody has a different answer for this one! Pops says Michigan, friends say Ohio State, Gramps says Wisconsin. For me it's a toss up bewtween Ohio State (who I loathe) and Penn State. I'm going with Penn State over the F***eyes and the Badgers. What do you guys think?

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really (REALLY!!!!) want to say Iowa, but I dont think it's going to happen. The Buckeyes and Penn St. have legitimate shot though. Iowa will be in contention though.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Penn State???? WHAT! Did you see them get dismantled by USC in the Rose Bowl? Hell I was there, it was not even close.

I think one of the ACC teams are one of the teams from the Big East is going to be number 1. USC is my college of choice, but they are going to struggle with Sanchez going to the Jets.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ohio State will be number 1 in the BT IMO, and Penn State will have a great year but struggle against the better teams. They didn't add anybody and when they played a top 5 team they were dominated.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the way Iowa is recruiting so far this year, they'll be secure for a while. That is if you believe the ratings, so far they have brought in a handful of 3 star defenders and a 4 star O-lineman, thats early recruiting for Iowa.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No so sure about the Huskers being the #1 team in the big 10. They have a lot of work to do before they can snag that title. :)

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really have to say Penn State, they have always been good.

I suck at responding on time, but Penn State got absolutely crushed last year in their bowl game. They were overrated last year and probably will be overrated this year.

ImOpen475

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though i hate Ohio State, i'll have to give it to them. Pryor has matured a lot since last season and can direct the offense much better now.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Ohio State, and it won't be close.

They'll lose once this year, when USC murders them. Maybe twice, if the play a Big 12 or SEC team in their BCS bowl. Or, if they end up playing USC again in their bowl game.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Michigan looks like they could contend but overall the Big Ten looks really weak for this year saying as how Ohio State had a tough time with Navy when they are supposed to be the elite team in the Big Ten.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though i hate Ohio State, i'll have to give it to them. Pryor has matured a lot since last season and can direct the offense much better now.
I watched Pryor for 2 games this year, USC and another one that I don't remember. He's not a Qb. He'll never be a Qb, not in the nfl. And he's not that fast to really make a difference as a runner.

I know it's not from the Big Ten, but Jacory Harris is a monster. He's really small (he may very well be 110 lbs), but he's gonna be huge in the nfl. So much awareness in the pocket, real good precision, above average arm... And he's only a sophomore.
-
Talking about Big Ten, are there any players that project as a 1st or 2nd rounder next year, or in 2011? I basically only follow Notre Dame, and some U, so I don't know what's happening...
-
About ND, people realy talk about Jimmy Clausen, Clausen is nowhere near ready to play in the NFL. He has GREAT downfield accuracy, great arm, but doesn't have much awareness in the pocket, and sometimes makes really shaky throws short mid range.

There's also a lot of talk about Golden Tate. Tate is going to be a speedy Wr in the NFL, nothing more.

Michael Floyd is the real deal. The guy is a beast. He's just too good, he's like a poor man's Calvin Johnson. Too bad he got injuried, but he's still just a sophomore.

Kyle Rudolph will also be a very good NFL TE or BF. He's not fast, but he's big, and is allways open, and allways get YAC. Too bad Weiss is a terrible coach...)

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like it is going to be Ohio State again this year as Michigan struggled again. Penn State was highly overrated and Wisconsin won't finish.

Altiery54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Illinois!! ok I will keep dreaming:tomato2: At least we will have a good basketball team over the next few years

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Iowa will fall at one point this season you can't keep winning games in the fashion that they are doing it.

Members online

Latest posts