Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

• No One, He'll Retire

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Denver Broncos

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • New Orleans Saints

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 46 61.3%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Las Vegas Raiders

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Another NFL Team

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to see how many people realistically think Rodgers wont play in Green Bay in 2022...I just dont see anyway both him and Adams arent making another super bowl run in 2022 as Packers

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I think there's always the possibility that a big flame out in another playoff game could be the straw that breaks the camel's back, but I honestly feel as if cooler heads will prevail and that the Packers will appease Rodgers enough to keep him in the building.

Honestly, and this might not be a popular opinion for some, but it's quite literally the best scenario for everyone involved for Rodgers to be here. The Packers get (IMO) 3-4 more years of Super Bowl contention, and for Rodgers, he has a proven coaching staff, a proven GM, and a solid team in place to continue winning. Not to mention the NFC North is still a dumpster fire.

Also, in extending Rodgers, he will save the Packers from themselves with the Jordan Love experiment.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there's always the possibility that a big flame out in another playoff game could be the straw that breaks the camel's back, but I honestly feel as if cooler heads will prevail and that the Packers will appease Rodgers enough to keep him in the building.

Honestly, and this might not be a popular opinion for some, but it's quite literally the best scenario for everyone involved for Rodgers to be here. The Packers get (IMO) 3-4 more years of Super Bowl contention, and for Rodgers, he has a proven coaching staff, a proven GM, and a solid team in place to continue winning. Not to mention the NFC North is still a dumpster fire.

Also, in extending Rodgers, he will save the Packers from themselves with the Jordan Love experiment.
I don’t even consider Love on this right now. I don’t care anymore that he was picked, he’s here, he might be good he might not be, but if you have a QB playing at the level Rodgers is, and likely will for a couple more seasons, you run as long as you can.

Let the Love chips fall where they must.

If Rodgers decides he wants to retire, so be it. Thanks for everything and we move on.

I still don’t think he has any desire to play anywhere else.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If Rodgers decides he wants to retire, so be it. Thanks for everything and we move on.

I still don’t think he has any desire to play anywhere else.
I don't think Rodgers has any desire to retire while he's playing at this level and I couldn't agree more that he has no desire to play elsewhere. I honestly believe he just felt hurt by their drafting Love (he can deny it all he wants, I don't believe him), and their lack of commitment to him early this offseason. And yeah, I think he feels like he's earned a voice and a seat at the table of just being able to give some input and be heard.

A lot of these things have reportedly either been remedied, or have made a ton of progress in recent months.

The Packers would be absolutely foolish to move off of him, and IMO Rodgers would be foolish to walk away from what he has here.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting a kick out of watching the morning sports shows this week, where they're all discussing where Rogers will play next year and how convinced they all are that he's out of Green Bay after this season. I'd bet any of them that not only is Rogers with the Packers next year he finishes his career here.

TEXPAC2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting a kick out of watching the morning sports shows this week, where they're all discussing where Rogers will play next year and how convinced they all are that he's out of Green Bay after this season. I'd bet any of them that not only is Rogers with the Packers next year he finishes his career here.
I agree with you totally. I love how all the writers invent a subject just to get press time and to hear themselves speak…..

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I still think Love is gonna be good and i think hes gonna get to play next week after the packers clinch the number one seed tonight

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright its set up perfectly to be like a pre season game. Rodgers starts gets a couole scoring drives under his belt in first quarter. Then Jordan Love gets a chance to further develop by continuing the blow out of the lions in Detroit

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember way back when ok back in 2007/2008 when Favre retired then didn't. A lot of the talk on the forum I was on was let Favre come back & let Rogers sit & stew Favre is our QB. the front office at the time stuck to their choice & #12 became the man. Now I'm NOT saying Love will take over like Rogers has BUT until Rogers is gone he is the man BUT once he goes we either run with Love or draft another QB or get in a veteran. Problem with a veteran is twofold. 1 are they past it & 2 how much if still got it

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers has any brains he finishes up in Green Bay. But he’s a total head case so that’s no slam dunk. Best case for the Packers is they trade him for a passle of draft picks. Yes Brady is playing at a very high level at 43, but Rodgers has shown time after time he’s no Tom Brady.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its passel not passle (yes, I had to look it up so none of that spelling **** stuff please) But you still get a like for using it. Its a good old honest, down to earth, blue collar, country mouse kind of word you don't see used nearly as much as it should be. It seems to get overshadowed by its hoity toity, nose in the air city mouse cousin kind of word plethora.

As far as your best case scenario I kinda disagree. IMO the best case for everyone is he and the Packers come to terms that keeps him in Green Bay for another three years or so.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I REALLY hope he plays for the Packers next season but I'm not entirely sure he looks at what the roster is going to be become next year and believe it's Super Bowl worthy. Packers might trade him for some young players and start the rebuild while Rodgers goes to a team without the cap issues the Packers are faced with next season.

Reaction score
He is still a California head case from the land of fruits and nuts.

Don't get me wrong, he is talented, smart, but strange.

If he does decide to stay, I hope it wouldn't be another "yes, I'm stay'n, no I'm not" kind of thing.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember way back when ok back in 2007/2008 when Favre retired then didn't. A lot of the talk on the forum I was on was let Favre come back & let Rogers sit & stew Favre is our QB. the front office at the time stuck to their choice & #12 became the man. Now I'm NOT saying Love will take over like Rogers has BUT until Rogers is gone he is the man BUT once he goes we either run with Love or draft another QB or get in a veteran. Problem with a veteran is twofold. 1 are they past it & 2 how much if still got it
The difference here is we saw how well AR played in 2007 in Dallas after Favre got hurt (that is him in that game in my avatar) so the desire to move on by MM was understandable. This is really Love's first full season as the #2 guy. I don't think he is quite ready to take over yet.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference here is we saw how well AR played in 2007 in Dallas after Favre got hurt (that is him in that game in my avatar) so the desire to move on by MM was understandable. This is really Love's first full season as the #2 guy. I don't think he is quite ready to take over yet.

In his first 2 seasons Rodgers went 15 of 31 for 111 yards and an int

So far in his first 2 seasons Love is 26 of 45 for 277 yards and 1 td and 1 int

I agree hes not ready but i susoect he might have a game like Rodgers Dallas game next week against detroit granted its the Lions

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has always been one of the very best at rolling left and throwing. Love looks to me like that is not a strength. In fact, it looks difficult for him. I hope he can iron that out.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that when all the dust settles it's going to be awfully hard to look at any of those potential suitors and objectively say that he's got a better chance of winning another (third, right?) Super Bowl with any of them than he would by staying in Green Bay. I've never really got the vibe from Rodgers that the media has seemed to want to play up - that he's absolutely finished in Green Bay and has no future here and is desperate to leave and all that. It feels more like he had a few gripes and most of them have more or less been addressed. Obviously he's still been non-committal, but at the same time in recent weeks I think his tone has noticeably changed further and he's really been awfully complimentary of the team as a whole, the coaching, and even upper management. All that to say that I don't think he'd at all be opposed to staying, in general.

Anyways, I think it's probably contingent on a couple things:
1. We are willing to commit to Rodgers long-term and pretty much allow him to be our starting QB until he retires. And I think this more or less has to happen just in order to make the cap situation work.
2. We're able to agree to an extension with Davante (and conversely I suspect if Rodgers doesn't stay, Davante will be leaving also)
3. Our special teams or defense or Kevin King or whoever doesn't turn in another inexplicable boneheaded performance in the playoffs leading to a premature exit

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No idea what Love will be. One thing I do know, he's not shown me anything really to think he's ready to take over for Rodgers anytime soon. The other important aspect is, Rodgers doesn't look like he's anywhere close to done physically or mentally or in need of being replaced. I think the decision is an obvious one. If the guy wants to keep playing, you find a way to keep the best QB in the game on your team.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately the Packers roster next year will be far less talented than this year.

Reaction score
I don’t think Rodgers will sign for anything less than a “contract out” in 2025 (playing through 2024). But in reality if I’m Rodgers I’m wanting to play through 2025 (42 yrs old) or 4 seasons because this will be Rodgers last opportunity to get a 3+ years type deal, so he’ll shoot for 4 years, but may bend on the average annual to get there.

Members online

Latest posts