Who was more surprised about coach McCarthy going for the win?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I had to babysit a two year old last night so I didn't get to watch till this morning. An onside kick? Awsome. I think mike was sending a statement to everyone and the team. I liked Aroge's comments about becoming hunters again.

I believe we saw why they decided to hang on to Crosby. That big leg of his. 50+ yards right down the middle. that kick had enough on it to make it from 60+ yards. If he can ever get consistent he is going to be a killer.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't necessarily think MM was trying to send a message, the opportunity just presented itself to try an onside kick in game conditions and he took it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he redeemed himself quite well!!! :happy0005:

I had to babysit a two year old last night so I didn't get to watch till this morning. An onside kick? Awsome. I think mike was sending a statement to everyone and the team. I liked Aroge's comments about becoming hunters again.

I believe we saw why they decided to hang on to Crosby. That big leg of his. 50+ yards right down the middle. that kick had enough on it to make it from 60+ yards. If he can ever get consistent he is going to be a killer.
Let's not forget this was still a pre-season game.

I'll be a believer in Mason when he does it in a reg. season game saving the game for the Pack.
But I hope, really, really hope it doesn't get to that point.
I still have not forgotten those close games he blew in 09.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I hope Crosby can make field goals like that in the regular season. You know, the OT loses from last year still linger on from missed Field goals.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It made too sense not to.

Going for it was good for the backups' confidence, as well as the whole team, that when we really want to win, we will win.

And if we missed the 2 point conversion, it was like Aaron Rodgers said. Nobody was going to be sad that a preseason game ended.

All in all, in hindsight, it was an obvious decision.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I don't necessarily think MM was trying to send a message, the opportunity just presented itself to try an onside kick in game conditions and he took it.

That's what I thought too. I don't know what kind of "message" you can send with an onside kick in the preseason.

Reaction score
Was anyone else hoping/wishing it would have been a reg. season game?

Lol not really... I think if we ever had to do a 4th and 10 on the 11 yard line with 30 seconds left, get a 2 point conversion, a onside kick, and a game winning field goal over 50 yards, I would have a heart attack. Plain and simple.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was such a genius call. Initial reaction was wtf did he just do that? Then well it is McCarthy lol...

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I wonder if it's a "statement" at all. Nobody goes out onto the football field looking to loose. Every member of the Colts organisation and the announcers were surprised. Packer fans weren't.
Vince:
Winning is the only thing.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I think MM picks the right moments for onside kicks, versus Arizona two years ago, versus the Patriots and then versus the Colts. All bold moves that the Packers won and made a statement afterwards. Now twice it didn't work out in the Packer's favor but last night it did. What got me was it was the first comeback win in a long time.

I was talking to my wife about it, and realized I don't remember the last time the Packers had a comeback win at the end of a game. We had comebacks but not like that, and it made me sleep happily about this season last night.

So I was surprised but pleasantly. Still I think its a win the Packers can study like hell upon.

L

Lunchboxer

I was surprised. After the colts got that TD to go up 8 I kinda turned to the Brewers game that was on at the same time. I was in the chat room. I turned back to the game when the Packers was 3rd and Goal. I did not think we would get the TD and the 2 PT Conversion.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts