Who was better, Favre or Rodgers?

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:mug: Here's to hopefully having a good debate about it in 15 yrs!!

I'll drink to that!! :pals: :beer: :cross:

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not a fair contest! Favre's been playing for 17 years and Rodgers has been playing only 5 and hasn't been in hardly any games, due to Favre's perfect attendance.

Okay, I concede... I'll play this game. My vote is Favre! :lol:

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not a fair contest! Favre's been playing for 17 years and Rodgers has been playing only 5 and hasn't been in hardly any games, due to Favre's perfect attendance.

Elle, come back to this thread in 15 years, youre jumpin the gun! :lol:

And Aarons only been in the league for 3 8)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:

Women aren't very good with the numbers.

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BangTheDrum said:
ElleBlue said:

Women aren't very good with the numbers.

:lol:

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:

3? Oh... Hardly noticed. Now, if Favre had some absenses (like most players in the leaque) I might have been more inclined to remember exactly when he joined the leaque.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can hardly find a post I make from weeks ago.....and you guys can nab 15 year old ones with ease. Paint me impressed.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Now it's clearly Rodgers... statistically he's the best qb of all time...
Which is especially great if you’re into Fantasy Football.

Brady is the best QB of all time followed by Montana IMO.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which is especially great if you’re into Fantasy Football.

Brady is the best QB of all time followed by Montana IMO.

Brady really isn't very good but he knows how to win which in the end is the most important stat.

I mean he was throurghly outplayed by Rodgers. But who won the game? Now imagine the QBs were swapped for that game. If Rodgers is the bucs QB they blow the Packers out of the water to the tune of 45-6 instead of 31-26

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Brady really isn't very good but he knows how to win which in the end is the most important stat.

I mean he was throurghly outplayed by Rodgers. But who won the game? Now imagine the QBs were swapped for that game. If Rodgers is the bucs QB they blow the Packers out of the water to the tune of 45-6 instead of 31-26
Brady’s physical skills have certainly diminished as well they should. Playing QB is more than utilizing physical skills though. I think he’s shown to have top notch mental and leadership skills and has done a job of keeping himself healthy, just like P. Manning did.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The new record for time between posts! 13 years!! (Probably - no research on my part)

Favre was fun, but not reliable. He would have a bunch of bad games per year.

Rodgers rarely has a bad game. He is careful with the ball. I prefer those qualitites.

Reaction score
The book is not yet finished. But Aaron has achieved more with less resources and it’s really not even debatable.
Favre was the toughest QB to ever play in the modern NFL. That toughness was coupled with a passion for winning and he’s in the top 10 in history IMO. When Rodgers is finished, provided his career lasts 3-5+more seasons, he’ll go down as a top 5 QB to ever play the game and arguably top 3 ever.
Rodgers is breaking records weekly now. His next major record will happen this season in week 1 as he knocks John Elway out of contention as both a top 10 passing and top 10 rushing QB in NFL history. He’s still moving down the list, knocking on the door of all time greats.

PS. Rodgers is still underestimated as a runner to this day. He’s just moved into an impressive neighborhood of QB’s in the run game.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PS. Rodgers is still underestimated as a runner to this day. He’s just moved into an impressive neighborhood of QB’s in the run game.

I believe only 9 have rushed for more, with only Lamar the one most likely to eclipse him soon.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady’s physical skills have certainly diminished as well they should. Playing QB is more than utilizing physical skills though. I think he’s shown to have top notch mental and leadership skills and has done a job of keeping himself healthy, just like P. Manning did.

I agree with that but I'd also say that Brady's physical skills were never elite. Manning was an elite thrower of the football for most of his career. But he did win a SB when he was not...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually takes a long boring time. But then LTF probably bookmarked this at the time.
Lmao

Nah... Wanted to find quotes of similar things when we went through this with brett.
Low and be hold ( as my.late father in law always said) its uncanny how similar it all is

D

Deleted member 6794

I believe only 9 have rushed for more, with only Lamar the one most likely to eclipse him soon.

Rodgers currently ranks 11th in rushing yards by a quarterback in NFL history. He's 134 yards behind Elway and move into sixth place all time with another 404 rushing yards. He will be eclipsed by Lamar who sits only 365 yards behind him at some point next season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts