Who wants to live in Green Bay now?

OP
OP
GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
GreenBayGal said:
We here in the Frozen Tundra take pride in being resilient to frigid temperatures , blizzard conditions and enormous amounts of snow. But come on...5-9 inches of snow in the middle of April? Seriously???​

More snow in that storm than GB area has had all winter together this year.
No kidding. It's actually dissapointing. The Frozen Tundra has become the Spongey Meadowland.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wife & I are from IN but live in MS at the current time. In June of 2000 we moved down here & our first winter here we were watching the news & they said that b/c MS & TN were going to get 1 yes 1 in. of snow they shut the schools down. ROFL!!! Then one night the predicted an inch of snow & shut the schools down. The next morning NO SNOW. But they already shut the schools down. It's crazy

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll get socked in April, just like last year. My spring break begins April 6 and I'm expecting we have our first "real" snow at that time. This is Wisconsin. It's weird.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is very interesting. I've lived near Green Bay all my life. Now getting ready to move to Mexico for retirement (health insurance related). Funny how that goes.
U-huh.
Yeah, right.
Your really going there to continue to be close to Aaron.
Admit it.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Saw the buckets hanging on the maple trees this weekend, about a month a head of schedule. One collector said the sap has been running fairly steady already.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I've posted in here b4 but living in a city where there is a pro team would be totally awesome! Especially the Packers when u consider the history of the team. Also,I live about 10 min from Memphis TN currently. Memphis had a chance to get what is now the TN Titans but the past mayor(whowas mayor at the time looking to run for congress) Willie H. opened up his fat mouth & so the rest is history. Even if they had came to Memphis I'd still be adie hard Packers fan as I have been the last 15 years.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Visited the kid's school last night. Saw on the little kids hooks their snowpants and boots. Above them were their baseball gloves. Yes, spring in Wisconsin. Snow on Mon and Thurs and baseball on Wed and Friday.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no Christmas without snow. It is just not the holiday season when you have to run your air conditioner, and your tree turns brown a week before Christmas. I moved away, and now plan to move back for retirement. Hoping to finally get season tickets, after being on the list since 1978.
I told my wife that when we move to Green Bay she won't have to worry about not having a white Christmas

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I told my wife that when we move to Green Bay she won't have to worry about not having a white Christmas
or white Thanksgiving
Or a white St. Pat's day
or a white Easter
or a white Mother's Day

Actually Christmas is closer to 60% chance of being white or in that ball park. TV stations make a deal of the chances when it is close.
My parents got married Christmas day 20 miles from GB, 40's and rain according to pops. I've made a motorcycle run on New Years weekend. Again, my niece had snow for her wedding first weekend of October. The odds ARE better than where you are coming from though.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
or white Thanksgiving
Or a white St. Pat's day
or a white Easter
or a white Mother's Day

Actually Christmas is closer to 60% chance of being white or in that ball park. TV stations make a deal of the chances when it is close.
My parents got married Christmas day 20 miles from GB, 40's and rain according to pops. I've made a motorcycle run on New Years weekend. Again, my niece had snow for her wedding first weekend of October. The odds ARE better than where you are coming from though.
We're in MS right now. 10 min. from Memphis. What's SO funny about living down here in the winter is that if they get 1/2 in of snow they shut the schools down. Seriously. One night on the news the predicted about 1/2 in or better so they went ahead & shut the schools down. The next morning NO SNOW! But they had already announced no school. Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzy

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read that Wisconsin is one of the worst states to retire in - partly because of the miserable weather.
That's just SO SO SO ridiculous!!! Yes WI does get it's share of snow BUT when you have the Packers that makes up for it totally!!! IF your not a Packers fan(your crazy if your not)then think of snow sleddin',snow ball fights,u can plant bermuda grass so it'll die sooner & u won't hafta cut ur grass as much. I could go on & on But the Packers says it all!

D

Dan115

That's just SO SO SO ridiculous!!! Yes WI does get it's share of snow BUT when you have the Packers that makes up for it totally!!! IF your not a Packers fan(your crazy if your not)then think of snow sleddin',snow ball fights,u can plant bermuda grass so it'll die sooner & u won't hafta cut ur grass as much. I could go on & on But the Packers says it all!

When are you moving?

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking to move up there the end of Aug. or the 1st week of Sept. at the latest. Sooner if possible. I found the house I want. In all seriousness I asked God for a house by Lambeau Field. One became available so I asked God that whoever looks at it won't want it. As soon as I can sell my house & get things in order I'm there.

Members online

Latest posts