Who wants to live in Green Bay now?

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another totally awesome first for me here in Green Bay. Tomorrow I'll be going to my first playoff game! Go Pack Go!!!!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Been hovering between -13 and -17 for 24 hours now. Windchills about -40. My furnace can no longer keep up and the house temp is in the mid 60's.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Been hovering between -13 and -17 for 24 hours now. Windchills about -40. My furnace can no longer keep up and the house temp is in the mid 60's.

wow....that is bad. No fire place to help compensate?

We finally got a burst of that cold weather down in eastern NC from the midwest.....holy crap!!!! You can keep that ****. I got up this morning to a record low temp here for this day (with wind chill) it was 4 degrees outside. That may not seem cold to you guys, but that is frigid to us down here........18 years in the south has thinned out the blood for damn sure.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
wow....that is bad. No fire place to help compensate?

We finally got a burst of that cold weather down in eastern NC from the midwest.....holy crap!!!! You can keep that ****. I got up this morning to a record low temp here for this day (with wind chill) it was 4 degrees outside. That may not seem cold to you guys, but that is frigid to us down here........18 years in the south has thinned out the blood for damn sure.
Actually wasn't as bad as I made it sound. Programmable thermostats usually take the temp down to mid 60's every day the 6 hours no one is home. The furnace was unable to bring it back up like it normally does. And this was with the fireplace running. Once the wind settled down a bit, the house warmed right back up. Overrode the thermostats programming until later today. Tomorrow supposed to be -15 in the morning with no wind so I expect no further problems. BTW, today's high was about 5 deg with no wind and I didn't bother to wear gloves or hat between buildings or into the parking lot and only half zipped my jacket.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Know is you have to have very tough and strong stanma and skin to brave those cold and frozen elements in the winter time. If you do that, then you will get along in the GB weather time.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I enjoy an occasional cup of coffee now & then. Went to the Packers Pro Shop & bought me a coffee cup w/Eddie Lacy on it that says Rookie of the Year

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Took my wife to her first NFL game. It was preseason vs the Chiefs. Packers won & she had a great time

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Took my wife to her first NFL game. It was preseason vs the Chiefs. Packers won & she had a great time
That's great. best thing I did was take my Wife to to opener in 2011. She had never been to a game and going to Lambeau and that great game. the next day we met several players and had our pictures taken with Starks, Cobb and Bulaga. Now it's personal for her every time starks or cobb gets the ball. Made a real football fan out of her.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I enjoy an occasional cup of coffee now & then. Went to the Packers Pro Shop & bought me a coffee cup w/Eddie Lacy on it that says Rookie of the Year
When I'm down there for the Jets game I'm going to make it a point to get me one of those.
I suppose I should get one for my wife as well.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
When I'm down there for the Jets game I'm going to make it a point to get me one of those.
I suppose I should get one for my wife as well.
Make sure they are different though. You don't accidently want to use hers and get "girl cooties". [running joke w/ my preteen and her friends]

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to do the tour and the hall of fame. Oh and eat cheese curds, they are addicting.

Definitely am planning on doing the tour and the cheese curds, but the HOF is closed until 2015 (or so I hear) so that's the one thing we'll miss out on ... but we're coming in Friday afternoon and we'll be ready to have a kick-*** weekend. If anyone on here wants to meet up for a few pints with some Jet fans (I know, haha) feel free to DM me.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely am planning on doing the tour and the cheese curds, but the HOF is closed until 2015 (or so I hear) so that's the one thing we'll miss out on ... but we're coming in Friday afternoon and we'll be ready to have a kick-*** weekend. If anyone on here wants to meet up for a few pints with some Jet fans (I know, haha) feel free to DM me.
Packers moved some stuff from the HOF to the Neville Public Museum ($5) downtown by the Titletown Brewery and Ray Nitschke Bridge. Three SB trophies, some NFL replica trophies from the 40's, Display of NFL HOFers. Several other trinkets and displays, Enough to be worth the admission.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
My hours are weird but I'm usually off on Saturdays. Maybe we can hook up at Curly's Pub or somewhere

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers moved some stuff from the HOF to the Neville Public Museum ($5) downtown by the Titletown Brewery and Ray Nitschke Bridge. Three SB trophies, some NFL replica trophies from the 40's, Display of NFL HOFers. Several other trinkets and displays, Enough to be worth the admission.

Thank you so much man. We are checking out Titletown Brewery on Friday so now on our way there, after stopping by Lombardi's house, the old Packer stadium, etc., we can check that out. Appreciate the information.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts