Who wants to live in Green Bay now?

engelke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I DO!!! i absolutely LOVE the cold. all my friends/family tell me i belong in Alaska because i love the cold/snow so much, lol.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's ridiculous... I had the misfortune of driving during the worst of it and Lombardi (and all those streets) was near white-out conditions.

I'm dreaming of a white Easter... (and a two hour delay tomorrow. Or maybe a snow day).

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no Christmas without snow. It is just not the holiday season when you have to run your air conditioner, and your tree turns brown a week before Christmas. I moved away, and now plan to move back for retirement. Hoping to finally get season tickets, after being on the list since 1978.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would gladly brave 3 feet of snow for my Packers!!! Lately in Philly we've been having a lot more snow than we are used to. The weathermen forecast the snow in increments of feet now. So I guess you can say, I'm training for Green Bay! :)

OP
OP
GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
There is no Christmas without snow. It is just not the holiday season when you have to run your air conditioner, and your tree turns brown a week before Christmas. I moved away, and now plan to move back for retirement. Hoping to finally get season tickets, after being on the list since 1978.
That is very interesting. I've lived near Green Bay all my life. Now getting ready to move to Mexico for retirement (health insurance related). Funny how that goes.

OP
OP
GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I would gladly brave 3 feet of snow for my Packers!!! Lately in Philly we've been having a lot more snow than we are used to. The weathermen forecast the snow in increments of feet now. So I guess you can say, I'm training for Green Bay! :)

Sometime before I move south, Kitten, I would like to have you here as my guest to go to a Packer game. :)

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Milwaukee's even worse. Mid-February featured eye-level snow. Eye-level snow. Shoveling all that snow was hell for me. I had trouble even finding the road.

Wisconsin's the only state in the US where winters last half the year. It once snowed in September and May. Whenever I think of Wisconsin weather I think of this quote from Mark Twain:

"I reverently believe that the Maker who made us all makes everything in Wisconsin but the weather. I don't know who makes that, but I think it must be raw apprentices in the weather-clerk's factory who experiment and learn how, in Wisconsin, for board and clothes, and then are promoted to make weather for countries that require a good article, and will take their custom elsewhere if they don't get it."

It was originally New England, but it's the same thing.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ I see you're from South Milwaukee. One of my good friends is from there. I just moved to Cudahy (from Green Bay).

Speaking of Cudahy, I went from the home of the Green Bay Packers to the home of the Cudahy Packers!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Isn't Cudahy just outside of Milwaukee?? hmm i'll have to bust out a map quick.

I moved from Wisconsin when I turned 18 because of the cold. I can take it now in small doses...but not an entire winter of it ever again! :confused:

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it pretty much is in Milwaukee, but it's considered a "suburb." It's on the lakeshore. The school district is considered urban, and we get a lot of the MPS transplants.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
GreenBayGal said:
We here in the Frozen Tundra take pride in being resilient to frigid temperatures , blizzard conditions and enormous amounts of snow. But come on...5-9 inches of snow in the middle of April? Seriously???
WFRV Green Bay: Northeast Wisconsin News, Weather and Sports | Weather
Doing what I can to be able for my wife & I to be able to move up there this year. Willing to deal w/the weather

More snow in that storm than GB area has had all winter together this year.

Members online

Latest posts