Who to cut?

Beab66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chrystl wrote an interesting piece this week on the Packers purge of Chatman. (He threw in Hawthorne for good measure). The premise of the article was that certain players (Chatman) are retained by coaches because they fit within their comfort level. In other words, they don't make glaring mistakes but they don't add anything to the overall process either. The sooner one gets rid of them, the better; even if you have to take a step backwards to develop talent. So my question is this: Who would be your dead weight choices in the Packers rebuilding scheme. My 1st cuts would be: 1. David Martin, 2. Mark Roman, 3 Todd Franz, 4. BJ Sander 5.Robert Ferguson. Who are your top 5?

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad you put Martin first. He's had years and not improved. He only shows up about every third or fourth game with production to keep from getting cut. He learned all this from his mentor Tyrone Davis.

Next I would put Ferguson there as he gets well over 2 million a year and in 5 years has less than 1600 yards for a career.

Roman has continued to beat out the competition and Manuel was his back up in Cincinnati. Why could Manuel beat him out now. Roman will suprise.

Carroll, Washington, and Sander must show something this season. Sander and Wahington can be gone sooner. A high draft choice next year on a CB will be the result if Carroll does not improve.

I would add Barry to the list. He should not have been signed.

Franz is not worth mentioning and can only make the team if injury to other Safeties.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my top 5

1. Ahmad Carroll
2. Mark Roman
3. Robert Ferguson
4. David Martin (we got bubba and mr. donald lee now)
5. BJ Sander (he's as good as gone anyway)

get rid of these players and we'll be better automatically.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Roman has continued to beat out the competition and Manuel was his back up in Cincinnati. Why could Manuel beat him out now. Roman will suprise.

Manuel was 23 years old when Roman beat him out in Cincy. Is it so hard for you to accept that in two years a player could develop into a starter? Especially over a guy who is four years older than him. It happens all the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts