Who throws a better ball?

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Homerisms aside, who throws a better overall ball (who makes the better throws)

Aaron rodgers or Dan Marino. There was a debate going on at another football forum on this, and marino slightly edged rodgers.

Here are highlights for both players:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

These are not my videos, just random videos found on youtube.

One thing to note is how almost all of marinos passes shown are bombs.... and this was most likely not the case in real life (i.e. i doubt he threw bombs 24/7).

Who wins?

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edit:

This is probably a better video to ***** rodgers:

The other only seemed to show touchdowns.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I hate comparing a quarterback today to a quarterback to the older NFL.

This is like Brady vs Montana, but you have to take into count, it was a whole different league when Marino played.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love A-Rod, but I gotta go with Marino.

Dan the Man, not only had the quickest release but his ball seemed to "sail " effortlessly, perfect tight spirals time and time again. The man put an uncanny "touch" on the ball, just a my opinion. :tup:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Marino...But only cuz he seems to not even try to throw it 50 yards, it just goes that far

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate comparing a quarterback today to a quarterback to the older NFL.

This is like Brady vs Montana, but you have to take into count, it was a whole different league when Marino played.
Yup. If you look at the stats from Joe's early years, they don't seem remarkable compared to many current NFL QB's. It was a different game back then.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Yup. If you look at the stats from Joe's early years, they don't seem remarkable compared to many current NFL QB's. It was a different game back then.

An entirely different game.

When Marino passed 49 TD's for 5,000+ yards in 1984, it was a land mark. It didn't feel that significant when Manning tossed out that many Touchdowns, or when Brees hit 5,000 yards, or when Brady broke the record with 50 TD's.

Now, even if Rodgers breaks Marino's 1984 records, I'm sure we'll be hearing all the "he's better than him" like we did when Brady broke the TD record, but I wouldn't compare any quarterback in today's game to the legends of the past. When Drew Brees broke some of Warren Moon's records, that's all I heard about was how Moon could never get a ring, and Brees is ten times better, but it was a different league back then, and Moon probably would have a ring had the Oilers not fired Jerry Glanville and replaced him with that ******* Jack Pardee that didn't know how to play Run and Shoot.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love A-Rod, but I gotta go with Marino.

Dan the Man, not only had the quickest release but his ball seemed to "sail " effortlessly, perfect tight spirals time and time again. The man put an uncanny "touch" on the ball, just a my opinion. :tup:
i agree with this statement.

Although rodgers can throw it far with ease and has insane accuracy... marino literally looked like he wasent even trying on his throws.

Edge marino (but i think rodgers is a more complete player)

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, because winning the Super Bowl automatically makes you the better QB. I guess Jim McMahon was a great QB then.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll tell you one thing. Aaron has a MUCH better ball when he's throwing on a dead run.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I've never seen anyone throw as many HARD strikes while running one way or the other. So much more has to be taken into account including throwing angles and accounting for his OWN momentum which is automatically gonna pull the pay one way or the other.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marino threw a better ball - that is he threw with 'touch'.

Rodgers makes better decisions
Rodgers is a better leader
Rodgers has a stronger arm
Rodgers is more accurate

Rodgers is a better QB.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
People, people this thread is about: WHO THROWS A BETTER BALL, ONLY. :D

not, who is the better QB of the two.

GreenandGold is correct, on the run NO ONE throws strikes like A-Rod

Members online