1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

who thinks

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by gopackgo4, Feb 16, 2006.

1. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly you said it takes mental strength and physical strength I agree with the mental part but if something only takes mental strength then it is not a sport. sriving a car does not take physical ability therefore it is not a sport. ANd when you said that most people think it is that is not true at all most of the people at my school agree with me and say it is not a sport.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It DOESN'T take physical ability???Have you ever driven a race car???
    I don't mean driving a few miles to school......i mean a 200 mile an hour car for a couple hours non stop (except for tire/gas change). If you don't think that takes strength, your fooling yourself.
    I gave you the resons you asked for, and either you didn't read it, or like i said, no matter WHAT someone says, you will say "Oh no! You are wrong!" You asked for ONE post as to why it's a sport, i gave it, and you chose to ignore it. That just proved my point......no matter what anyone says, you made up your mind LONG ago. So WHY did you even ask, if you didn't really WANT an answer?
    I don't ask people's opinions if i already have my mind made up on something. Then i'm just wasting their time.
    So......most people agree at your school that it's not a sport. So, if most people at your school said the world was flat, would you agree with them, JUST because the majority SAYS it's that way? Even if someone gave a good argument to why the world was really round?
    I guess my years have taught me to look at all sides of an argument before deciding what was right. Not just to follow the lemmings over the ledge.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    It's a sport, but not in the same sense as Football, Hockey etc...

I would go into details as to why, but for what reason? So you or anyone else can nit pick an defuse each point with uneducated statements? No thanks. I've raced on short tracks before and it wasn't as easy as 'turn left' as most people presume it to be.

You have your opinion, as does everyone.

Did you know at every race there is more than 100,000 in attendance?

4. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheesy thats not it at all I havent made up my mind but your comments did not persuade me to think it was s sport

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Well.....with what i and Zero have said (and others) it's obvious you CAN'T be "persuaded". Not in all sports do you have to be a "he man" and beat on each other physically. It's both mental AND physical.
    I will not even TRY to persuade you anymore, as it's obviously a lost cause. I gave you a VERY valid reason, (the trying to drive at 200mph for hours, keeping the vehicle under control) and you still think thats easy. Go TRY it once! I think thats the ONLY way you will agree that it's not a push over to drive a race car. I bet NONE of the experts in your school have ever tried it either.
    You know, before you wrote all you did, i wasn't so sure it WAS a sport. But it made me really LOOK at what it takes to drive one of those things, and it made me realize it IS a sport! I'm no longer divided on if it is or it isn't!
    Thanks! :D

6. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ok whatever

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Well.........you ASKED! :D

8. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    sport Audio pronunciation of "sport" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spôrt, sprt)
    n.

1. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

9. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright well obviously none of us are going to be able to persuade the other to their side.

10. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think NASCAR is a sport