1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

who thinks

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by gopackgo4, Feb 16, 2006.

1. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    alright lets see who thinks nascar is a sport?

2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Z2C does...as well as other displaced rednecks all across the country.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Turning left is hard work!!

4. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's a motorsport and doesn't require all the physical training that other sports do. I think it's kind of on the line, but teetering more towards not a sport.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    racing is just an excuse to pee on yourself.

6. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    who needs an excuse?

7. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    LOL, best damn comments I have heard all day...

8. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :wtf: You know, if we ever go to the same game together, remind me not to sit next to any of you. :p

9. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hardly know anything about nascar. Isn't it the driving around in circles, trying to destroy the opponents cars like Star Wars on wheels?

[​IMG]

Reminds me of this (okay, the drivers are a little different :wink: )

[​IMG]

Here is another aspect of it.

[​IMG]

No offence meant! (Nix für Ungut!) :wink: :lol:

10. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i think you know MY opinion, gpg4 - it's a sport, buddy!! like i said in another post - not like the good ole days without all the technology - but yes it is, has been, & always will be a sport. if you think it isn't, try getting on a track with around 40 other cars, drive around 200mph, within inches of the other guy, & see whatcha think. get back to me on that, ok - i'll be waiting...

11. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    i'm not a big fan of it but i think like anything it takes skill and quikness so i guess you could call it a sport.

12. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a hard time calling driving a car a sport, but I still think it's incredibly difficult and requires a lot of skill.

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Well, i'm SURE it's a sport. It does take talent to do well.
    But it doesn't interest me. It's like watching golf on TV........BORING!

14. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    (DEEP BREATH)......Do you think that driving a vehicle 65 feet long, cross country, at fast speeds, around thousands of other drivers that come within inches of hitting you, in all types of weather, while loaded up with 40,000 pounds, having to turn right and left, sometimes backing up, and having to shift ten gears is a sport? Sorry, truck driving is not a sport, and neither is Nascar.

15. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    of course nascar is a sport, rally is a sport, F1 is a sport, chess is a sport, snooker is a sport, pool is a sport, curling is a sport.

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    If it was so easy, there would be LOTS of people good at it. It isn't easy to drive........even around and around........at 200mph (like Jules said!)
    I used to be a member of a pit crew for super modifieds. It was fun, and only the best drivers consistantly did good with it.

17. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Racing I would say is a 'sport' but not to the same definition as Football, Basketball, Hockey, Rugby.

I would put racing in with Tennis, Golf, Soccer, Baseball.

Each sport has a requirement of some athleticism. The first set requires a gifted athlete to excel. The last set I think you have to be in decent shape to excel but by no means do you have to be a gifted athlete.

Racing is physically demanding but no where near Hockey or Football type sports.

18. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

say it isn't so, big3 - a measley 10 speed you're drivin?!? get a 13-speed so you can split the gears & keep the rpm's down, buddy!!

:big 3's scratching his head & thinking - :wtf: - how's this chick know about truckin?!?:

yup - the hubby's a truck driver too & even HE thinks nascar is a sport!!!! just messin with ya big3! keep on truckin, dude! :thumbsup:

19. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Z2C you better brush up on the talent and athleticism required to be an international professional soccer player. I'm sure anyone from outside the US can tell you how serious soccer is taken in Europe, Mexico, South America etc. Players at that level are in immaculate shape and have ridiculous athletic talent and ball control skills.

20. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    when I played soccer it wasn't anyway near as physically challenging as football, basketball or hockey.

my brother played soccer for a few years too an he says football was a heckuva lot more difficult on the body then soccer... although he did say in football ur shins last longer lol

I thought I addressed talent level in my post, guess not. the latter set of sports i think require a helluva stamina to play ... golf being the least lol

21. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ok to everyone who said yes nascar is not a sort because it takes no athletic ability to drive a car ok i will say that it does take lots of talent but so does poker or chess or oh why not video games but they are not sports and eith is nascar

22. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    To those that love it, it's a sport..........to those that don't, it isn't.
    To me, i don't really care if it's considered a sport or not. If people enjoy watching it, more power to them! Some of the things i like to watch others don't like. To each his (or her) own!

23. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Its really weird how anyone could watch it I mean its guys going in a circle 300 times how exciting

24. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    You should attend a NASCAR race some day. You'd understand. :)

I see where you are coming from. At times I don't know how I have sat through 3 hours of 'left, left, left' but really there is so much more to it then just turning left. There is the passing, the bumping at over 160mph, the chance of a pit crew winning the race or losing the race by having a good or bad pit stop, the drive you like could get a flat and lose :(, heck the guy ahead of your favorite driver could get a flat and your guy could win!, the race is never over until the final lap is completed because you never know what will happen, the accidents are pretty neat too as long as everyone walks away healthy, you get to see people get out their car an do what a lot of people want to do when someone cuts them off which is flip them off yell at them like a baboon and throw somethng at their car lol.

If you find a driver you like and start pulling for him it makes watching a lot of fun. I have a hard time watching a race that I know Dale Jr is not in. Maybe that means I'm more of an Earnhardt fan than a NASCAR fan. It's kind of like how I view sports like Baseball, Golf etc. I would rather be on a field or course then watch them on TV.

If you ever want to watch a race I would recommend you watch one of FOX's broadcasts instead of NBC's. NBC kind of ruins it in my perception.

25. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks but no thanks I dont think i could live through 3 hours of cars going round and round They are all from like the south anyway so even if i did watch it would be like uhhh who should i root for oh the good guy that just is lame to me but its your opinon watch wat you want