Who should be replacing 'Jags' ??

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeff Tedford? lol someone really wants Rodgers to succeed :)

What kind of offense does he run?

Tedford runs a west coast style offense. Heavy emphasis on the running game and precision passing. He's more aggressive than Mariucci, Billick, and definitely Morninweg(sp?)..hehe..that last one still makes me laugh...

Tedford was offered the OC job in Tennessee, and the NY Jets before and turned them down.

There would be NO CHANCE he would come anyway for an OC job..possibly a Head coaching job. He's got too much going at CAL to walk away from.

The chance to build up a young packers offensive team w/AR at the helm might be a bit enticing though.

Whoever the OC is..McCarthy's calling the plays so what does it matter?

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:

Ask Boston College.

Boston College is quick to get ANY coach..even one that doesn't call his own offensive plays...

But he DOES plan a mean running game.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Cal2GreenBay said:

Ask Boston College.

Boston College is quick to get ANY coach..even one that doesn't call his own offensive plays...

But he DOES plan a mean running game.

Like you said, McCarthy calls the plays. What does it matter what he plans for?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tedford is a joke, my friend...

Rodgers is not the answer in GB, imo....and Morningweg's doing pretty well with the Eagles right now...with the West Coast offense, but they'll probably want to keep him...

This is the book on "Tedford" by one who knows....

Tedford generally produces what are called "system" quarterbacks. One reason that David Carr had trouble reading defenses when he came here was because he was in Tedford's simple no-read system did not get Carr ready for the Pro game (if you look at Harrington and Dilfer....both of them had miserable starts to their careers, Dilfer finally came around after being a bust with Tampa Bay and Harrington is still struggling in Miami). For 2 full years Carr would look to his first option and then totally ignore his secondary reads and dump down to his last option. That was one of the reasons I wasn't so high on Carr early on. He just didn't have a good feel for the pro game, but that was mainly due to playing in such a linear system under Tedford. The first year was lock on to Bradford, lock on...keep locking on then finally dump to Miller (or take a sack), in the next year it was lock on to AJ, lock on....lock on, then dump it down to his last option in Dom Davis totally ignoring his secondary reads (Bradford went from leading the team in receptions to being the invisible man...mainly because he was not the first or last read). Carr improved quite a bit last year and if you watch the games you can see he started to lock on less on his primary read. In the NFL you can't sit and wait for your first read to get open. You will get sacked over and over that way. You have to make your reads and anticipate where you throw the ball based on coverage and angles. You just can't wait to see if your WR is visibly open and make a second choice when you figure that your primary option is covered and it’s too late to do anything but check down to the dump pass. The fist year Carr was too slow to make a decision with the ball, year two he improved and last year he finally started to find Gaffney and his mid-read guys. Tedfords system works in College. I really have no urge to see him here.

This is what I've already seen in Rodgers from his limited play so far....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

Rodgers is not the answer in GB, imo....and Morningweg's doing pretty well with the Eagles right now...with the West Coast offense, but they'll probably want to keep him...

After the limited action I've seen from Rodgers, I'm in the same boat. I don't think he's the future for GB. True, I haven't seen enough of him to make an educated statement. That's just going off what I've seen.

We won't be able to get Marty. You can't make lateral moves in the NFL unless the team agrees and why the Eagles agree to that?

Reaction score
:shock: You two agree on something?

The world we know is coming to an end!!! :p

Seriously though, I would agree that JP is the odds on favourite to land the gig (although I'd personally like to see someone experiened get the job - like Tom Clements. He and MM did work together, so I'm sure they have some chemistry and understanding).

I wonder if J. Rowland (the RB coach before Edgar who had a fallout with Sherman) would be interested. You have to admit, his coaching resume is impressive and I'm sure a person like MM would be willing to listen to his input and involve him in many aspects of the game plan, something sure to appease Rowland.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

This is the book on "Tedford" by one who knows....

Tedford generally produces what are called "system" quarterbacks. One reason that David Carr had trouble reading defenses when he came here was because he was in Tedford's simple no-read system did not get Carr ready for the Pro game (if you look at Harrington and Dilfer....both of them had miserable starts to their careers, Dilfer finally came around after being a bust with Tampa Bay and Harrington is still struggling in Miami). For 2 full years Carr would look to his first option and then totally ignore his secondary reads and dump down to his last option. That was one of the reasons I wasn't so high on Carr early on. He just didn't have a good feel for the pro game, but that was mainly due to playing in such a linear system under Tedford. The first year was lock on to Bradford, lock on...keep locking on then finally dump to Miller (or take a sack), in the next year it was lock on to AJ, lock on....lock on, then dump it down to his last option in Dom Davis totally ignoring his secondary reads (Bradford went from leading the team in receptions to being the invisible man...mainly because he was not the first or last read). Carr improved quite a bit last year and if you watch the games you can see he started to lock on less on his primary read. In the NFL you can't sit and wait for your first read to get open. You will get sacked over and over that way. You have to make your reads and anticipate where you throw the ball based on coverage and angles. You just can't wait to see if your WR is visibly open and make a second choice when you figure that your primary option is covered and it’s too late to do anything but check down to the dump pass. The fist year Carr was too slow to make a decision with the ball, year two he improved and last year he finally started to find Gaffney and his mid-read guys. Tedfords system works in College. I really have no urge to see him here.

This is what I've already seen in Rodgers from his limited play so
far....

"by one who knows" and who is one who knows??

Hmm..I've been to every CAL game in the last 4 years..and been to 2 green bay preseason games last year and saw certain players first hand.

But again..besides TT and M.McCarthy...who's opinion really bears any weight? It doesn't matter what we think...it's just air...

TT and MikeMac like Aaron and that's what I go by.

Hate it all you want to..that's your right to hate him

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason I'm getting the feeling it's going to be Philbin and then Campen will be the new Oline coach.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

After the limited action I've seen from Rodgers, I'm in the same boat. I don't think he's the future for GB. True, I haven't seen enough of him to make an educated statement. That's just going off what I've seen.

We won't be able to get Marty. You can't make lateral moves in the NFL unless the team agrees and why the Eagles agree to that?

Ask Texas A&M from the Holiday bowl who lost 45-10 how much of a joke Tedford is.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tedford's QB's can't make it in the Pro's...

(No go in the show...)

imo...

Reaction score
66, you must be devastated....

Rumour has it that Sherman is the front runner for the Giants HC job should Casserly become GM.

That would mean your beloved Sherman won't be coming back to GB any time soon....

There there my friend *pats 66 on the back while he cries at the prospect of never seeing Mike Sherman on the Packer sidelines again*.... :p

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Rumour has it that Sherman is the front runner for the Giants HC job should Casserly become GM.

That would mean your beloved Sherman won't be coming back to GB any time soon....

There there my friend *pats 66 on the back while he cries at the prospect of never seeing Mike Sherman on the Packer sidelines again*.... :p

Wonder how long the Giants would keep Shermy before they fire him. I'm gonna say 3 years.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Here's a fine example of how a mod gets a thread BACK on topic.

wait a sec ...

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

(No go in the show...)

imo...

This chapter isn't closed yet..and Aaron's the one to change this.
Kyle Boller's still young and has time.

So stick by your words but don't hate when Aaron prove it wrong.

Reaction score

Here's a fine example of how a mod gets a thread BACK on topic.

Just for you my man:

I wonder if J. Rowland (the RB coach before Edgar who had a fallout with Sherman) would be interested. You have to admit, his coaching resume is impressive and I'm sure a person like MM would be willing to listen to his input and involve him in many aspects of the game plan, something sure to appease Rowland.

Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

(No go in the show...)

imo...

Truth be told Cal, I thought Jim Fassel was having some problems with Billick because they disagreed on what to do with Boller. IIRC, Fassel wanted to go in a different direction because he felt Boller was inadequate...

Actually zero and 66, you make a valid point about Rodgers getting fixated on his primary target; while I didn't pay attention to that before, it is apparent now.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Somehow..I'm Sherman's biggest fan...??

(Someone want to help AADP out on this one..?)

Does SherRossley ring a bell...?

I do not like Mike Sherman as a HC, never have...and I think it would be a mistake for the Giants to hire him. And if he does get the Giants job...you know he will take old Tom Rossley out of mothballs to run his horrible, predictable offense....

I don't think that Sherman is Head Coach material. He is a poor game time decision maker and play caller. And he was worse as a GM...

TT has a chance to do something that Sherman never did...

If he signs Tony G. or Moss...Favre would finally have the over the top receiving corps he hasn't had since the early Ron Wolf years....

If he does that, my respect for him will rise some...but I don't think he's going to do it.

IMO, He's in love with rookies...which may be his ultimate downfall...

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

Somehow..I'm Sherman's biggest fan...??

(Someone want to help AADP out on this one..?)

Does SherRossley ring a bell...?

his post was sarcastic.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oh man..

Do I feel like a.....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I like Denny Green...kind of..

I think he stays in Arizona and brings them back next year...

("The Cardinals are who we thought they were...Crown if you want to..")

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

(No go in the show...)

imo...

Truth be told Cal, I thought Jim Fassel was having some problems with Billick because they disagreed on what to do with Boller. IIRC, Fassel wanted to go in a different direction because he felt Boller was inadequate...

Truth be told, Fassell thought Kerry Collins was also a good QB...

Truth be told, Boller AND McNair struggled under Fassels play calling.
Truth be told, the ravens ran away w/the division after Fassel was no longer OC. Hope you guys don't want Fassesl to be the Green Bay OC.

So Truth be told, Fassell is NOT a good reference on QBs

Truth be told, Aaron will be the one who changes this...and I hope you guys appreciate it in a year

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
P@ck66 said:

(No go in the show...)

imo...

Truth be told, Fassell thought Kerry Collins was also a good QB...

Truth be told, Boller AND McNair struggled under Fassels play calling.
Truth be told, the ravens ran away w/the division after Fassel was no longer OC. Hope you guys don't want Fassesl to be the Green Bay OC.

So Truth be told, Fassell is NOT a good reference on QBs

Truth be told, Aaron will be the one who changes this...and I hope you guys appreciate it in a year

I think I may throw up if Fassel becomes the next OC. Give it to Philbin or someone already on staff.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fossil is terrible.

Too bad they couldn't get Morningweg. The Eagles have a good offensive scheme this year. Gilbride didn't look bad calling for the Giants last nite, but Tiki helped alot, and their not a west coast team...

There's always Ross...

(Never mind...scratch that one..)

Members online

Latest posts