Who should be replaced?

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which players should be replaced on the 2007 Packers?
Or which positions should be reinforced?

My list of players I think we could/should replace:

David Martin
Bubba Franks
Marquand Manuel
William Henderson
Ben Taylor
KGB

We need a new TE, we need a new strong safety, we need to pick up some guys to run for the FB position against Miree and we need more depth on our defensive line, offensive line, linebacker squad, defensive backs, basicly our whole team. We also need a new future franchise back!

What's your thoughts on this?

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with everyone, except for William, but he will probably retire anyway.

It isn't crucial to replace Taylor because we have 3 LB's before him.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Replace Bubba - Tony Gonzalez or Daniel Grahm ????????
Cut Ferguson
Replace Manuel - Ken Hamlin ???????????

Reaction score
In order of most needing to be replaced (IMO) :

- Manuel: I don't care if he gets cut or not, as long as he isn't starting..... hasn't done anything of note his whole career.

- Bob Sanders: His D has shown up against the terrible teams, and been shattered against top tier teams. Rumour has it that he has been employing coverage which does not suit his players, and if he can't see that then he should be released.

- David Martin: Can't play 16 games in one season.

- Robert Fergueson: He is a #4 WR at best being paid a #3 WR salary.... he just isn't the same WR post-hit.

- KGB: We need an outstanding pass rusher, someone who actually puts pressure on the QB almost every down and has the sacks to show for it.

- Hendo: He is done, father time finally caught up with him. A shame too, because in his prime (or even 3-4 years ago) he'd have been perfect for this scheme.

- C. Williams: He has the skill to be dominant, but he just hasn't clicked yet. All his sacks have come in 2 or 3 out of 15 games thus far. He disappears for long periods of time. HE SHOULD BE KEPT AND DEVELOPED, he has the potential to become really good, but problem is that when both DEs do get some rush, the DTs can't collapse the pocket. Desperately need a PR DT....

Gakk, as for Ben Taylor - he has been a STs demon, and has shown the ability to be a tackling machine. If nothing else, he provides solid depth while Hodge is allowed to develop some more next year, so he should not be replaced IMO.

As for Franks: he has done really well blocking, but has struggled in pass situations. The reason he stays is that he has displayed extended ability to be a dominant redzone presence and be a threat in the passing game. I think he'd benefit greatly from a T. Gonzalez type TE, one who can really stretch the field and show up every week as a threat.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Franks (draft a young receiving type TE or sign Gonzalez)
Manuel (draft a safety, Landry comes to mind)

Why does Ben Taylor need to be replaced? He's shown a lot of emotion of special teams and made some nice plays.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We Need a super TE, a Better-than-Avg Safeties, another solid WR and a back up for Morency.

Green, Franks, Collins, Manuel, Ferguson, & KGB all will be goners next season.

We will also need a young, solid FB.

Then some depth... 2008 superbowl will be Packers'

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB? are you kidding? Hes really good. Him and Kampman make a heckava tandom. And David martin is good. And as for a furture back, we can get that next year because we have Ahman Green.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Which players should be replaced on the 2007 Packers?
Or which positions should be reinforced?

My list of players I think we could/should replace:

David Martin
Bubba Franks
Marquand Manuel
William Henderson
Ben Taylor
KGB

I would like to see KGB if they can adjust his contract and just use him on passing downs. Marquand Manuel is slow, but he's played better lately. Henderson and Bubba are probably done. David Martin can't stay healthy enough to play. Ben Taylor was a projected starter but I don't know what his salary slot is. Ferguson is another one I'd cut.

We desperately need to find a left tackle because Clifton won't be here much longer. We need a stud Defensive end or tackle too and at least one wide receiver and for a sure a tightend that can catch the ball.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
- Bob Sanders: His D has shown up against the terrible teams, and been shattered against top tier teams. Rumour has it that he has been employing coverage which does not suit his players, and if he can't see that then he should be released.

Why would you want Sanders gone? A 1st year DC who struggled early now has the defense playing on all cylinders and is now the teams strength.

So fire him cuz he didn't start off well? Makes sense...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins will stay. He's played well for the 2nd half of the season. I do think he needs some competition this training camp and he doesn't get the job by default but he should be allowed an attempt to keep his job. He's earned that over the course of these last couple of games.

KGB - He's always been a liability in a run but now he's just an average pass rusher. It's not a coincidence that the Defense has played well the last 3 games because they reduced the amount of PT, KGB has received.

I'd like to see them resign Cullen Jenkins and sign Justin Smith who will be a unrestricted free agent from Cincy.

Bubba Franks/David Martin - Frankly both need to go. Martin is always hurt and IMO he has a poor worth ethic. Franks has just lost it and obviously isn't a good fit in McCarthy's system.

I'd like to see Tony G or Daniel Graham signed and Green Bay drafting a TE in either rounds 2,3, or 4.

Marquand Manuel -
Nice attempt Ted Thompson but a failed one. He is average at stopping the run but one of the worse pass covering safeties I've ever seen.

I think Marvel Underwood can be the answer but competition needs to be signed for training camp. Personally I think Underwood could be our 3rd starter on Defense from the 05 Draft. The little I saw and what he did in college, I really like what he could bring. Can't give him the job by default though. Make him earn it.

Patrick Dendy - Dendy has done a decent job but he's not a nickel back. He's at best a 4th Corner and maybe a Dime Back but not someone I like in the nickel package.

We don't need to spend a hefty amount on a CB but we do need to find a worthy 3rd Corner that can come in and be our Nickel back. Blackmon and Dendy can compete for the Dime Spot.

Ahman Green - Doesn't need to go but I'd like to see a younger back teaming up with him.

My wish is Marshawn Lynch via the Draft but I wouldn't mind seeing Michael Turner here either though it depends on what it would cost us.

Kurt Schottenheimier - Just get rid of him!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patrick Dendy - Dendy has done a decent job but he's not a nickel back.

You're right, he should be a starting CB!

but seriously, why replace Dendy? While I joke about him a lot, he really isn't bad at all, and is young. Next year will be the ol "breakout year" which is supposed to mean everything, according to Ahmad Carroll backers(how did that work out) so give him a try. But I agree somewhat, bring in another CB just cuz Al and Chuck are old, and Chuck is injury prone. 1 injury away from being in a bad place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here is my list though

KGB - 1 trick pony, and everyone knows the trick now and has adjusted accordingly. Cullen Jenkins put him out of a job real quick, didn't he? MY BOY, WHO I'VE ALWAYS SAID IS GOOD WHILE PEOPLE SAID WE SHOULD CUT\REPLACE HIM CUZ WE HAVE NO "D-line Depth" OR "PASS RUSH" WELL YEAH, I WAS RIGHT AS USUAL!! I DONT KNOW WHY IM USING CAPS!

Manuel - You know why....he sucks...a lot. Culver\Underwood would be the starter next year if TT didnt sign any safety in the offseason.

Ferguson - No more roster spot for you. the new regime has cut Ahmad Carroll and benched the highly paid KGB, so there's no reason to believe they would put up with Fergusons ****.

Franks - While he has a very hefty contract, he SHOULD be replaced, but probably won't. He used to be such a talented big man, and a great red zone threat. Then he got his payday and got Cledius Hunt-itis. Damn shame.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
here is my list though

KGB - 1 trick pony, and everyone knows the trick now and has adjusted accordingly. Cullen Jenkins put him out of a job real quick, didn't he? MY BOY, WHO I'VE ALWAYS SAID IS GOOD WHILE PEOPLE SAID WE SHOULD CUT\REPLACE HIM CUZ WE HAVE NO "D-line Depth" OR "PASS RUSH" WELL YEAH, I WAS RIGHT AS USUAL!! I DONT KNOW WHY IM USING CAPS!

Manuel - You know why....he sucks...a lot. Culver\Underwood would be the starter next year if TT didnt sign any safety in the offseason.

Ferguson - No more roster spot for you. the new regime has cut Ahmad Carroll and benched the highly paid KGB, so there's no reason to believe they would put up with Fergusons ****.

Franks - While he has a very hefty contract, he SHOULD be replaced, but probably won't. He used to be such a talented big man, and a great red zone threat. Then he got his payday and got Cledius Hunt-itis. Damn shame.

Dendy got blown badly several times this season, and i only saw half of the games...I think one of our first day picks should be a cornerback, let that cornerback work his way into a starting role when Woodson and Harris go, don't do what we did to Caroll, starting him right away...

If KGB is kept and Cullen Jenkins is allowed to sign with another team, I'll be very dismayed, Jenkins starting correlates directly with the improvement of this defense

Manuel should be replaced on the depth chart but kept...he is a solid tackler and I think he can be an '8th man in the box' type against running teams, but in coverage he's horrible, Laron Landry????

I said it in the chat last night--Robert Ferguson is still on this team???? Seriously though...Driver-Jennings-mid level veteran signing better than Mark Boeritger-Holliday-R. Martin is a solid receiveing unit IF the other positions get better and the line continues to improve...I was impressed with the progression in Martin and Holliday...

An addition to the replacement list
"Fullback"--William Henderson has earned every right to retire a packer, but I hope its this season, because his best years are long gone...Brandon Miree has 9 catches, hasnt really shown me anything blcoking for ahman green, I think we need someone a little better with the ball because we know favre needs all of the targets he can get

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It was said Collins played SS last year, put him back there. Let Manuel back up Underwood. Who backs up Collins? Culver? Ok.

TE needs an overhaul.
OL .. ok but get a vet from broncos or falcons maybe
WR .. I think we're 'ok' there, but Koren .. we need a backup plan jus in case
RB .. I'd like us get a young prospect
DE .. KGB is fine, in a limited role.
DT .. retain all of them
LB .. retain'em
CB .. get some talented prospects, oh an for the love of god, give Harris a lil more dough, we have about 3 million under the cap yet... use it wisely
K/P .. fine there
KR/PR .. break the bank for a solid returner ie Dante Hall, Allen Rossum TYPE player
QB .. I dont feel rodgers is the answer, get Matt Schaub!!

I kind of deviated from the purpose here.

Replace all TE, switch Collins to the other safety spot, replace all our KR/PR and replace our secondary coach.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
schaub would be neat.

However we need more depth and some quality players on O-line, D-line, D-backs L-backers.

Our depth is on IR

Name Pos. Injury Date On
Aaron Rodgers QB Foot 11/21
Shaun Bodiford WR Leg 11/15
Marviel Underwood S Knee 08/28
Will Blackmon CB Ribs 11/25
Arliss Beach RB Ankle 09/02
Kurt Campbell LB Shoulder 08/29
Josh Bourke T Back 09/02
Kevin Barry T Quadriceps 07/27
Tory Humphrey TE Hamstring 11/15
Robert Ferguson WR Foot 10/23
Michael Montgomery DE Knee 12/16
Kenderick Allen DT Foot 10/04

Reaction score

Why would you want Sanders gone? A 1st year DC who struggled early now has the defense playing on all cylinders and is now the teams strength.

Trom, IMO he just isn't the right type of coach for this D; we are young and need a DC that is energetic and has better schemes (my opinion)... I think the recent improvement isn't all Sander's doing, rather a great deal of it has to do with playing the fact that we are playing teams that have a terrible offense.

I think someone who has shown the ability to make players progress week in/week out (Sanders did a good job with the DEs last year, good but not great). The more I see of Winston Moss, the more I believe he will get an eventual shot at DC and I wouldn't mind it be with us. He just strikes me as someone who has enough courage to stick with something risky, but also make quick changes if needed (Jenkins for KGB should have happened much earlier).

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Trom, IMO he just isn't the right type of coach for this D

all good

(warning, the drinking has begun. )

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Trom, IMO he just isn't the right type of coach for this D

Dude dont drink away a Packer Victory against Da Bears!

all good

(warning, the drinking has begun. )

Members online

Latest posts