Who selected Aaron Rodgers?

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw this on CNNSI, is this correct?

At this point, any reasonable coach or GM would conclude that the smart move is to take a look at second-year quarterback Aaron Rodgers, whom Thompson's predecessor, Mike Sherman, picked in the first round of the '05 draft. Rodgers looked somewhat shaky during his rookie training camp, but he seemed to make huge strides this summer and had a promising preseason debut before leveling off.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
24% of this first round pick's contract is gone with zero contribution.
40% of his stay in Green Bay will be gone at the end of 2006.
Selecting an OG or other contributing player would have been a better fit.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
24% of this first round pick's contract is gone with zero contribution.
40% of his stay in Green Bay will be gone at the end of 2006.
Selecting an OG or other contributing player would have been a better fit.

What if Brett would have retired.

Then what do you say?

Truth be told, the Packers did not know if Brett would hang out for another year or two. Aaron was predicted to be going 1 overall. When he landed at pick 24 the Packers couldn't pass him up. Although, ironic as it is, our HC Mike McCarthy DID pass on him and took Alex Smith.

Taking Rodgers was the right thing to do.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this team is going to win this year it must have Brett playing quarterback. Any reasonable, knowledgeable fan will realize that you have one of the finest quarterbacks to ever play the game and can still play. Rogers may or may not be the star of the future, but this team belongs to Brett. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't try and find some significant playing time for Rogers, but Brett is the starter and should remain so.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts