Who of these players at these positions of need would you draft

H

HardRightEdge

The Packers currently have $10 million in cap space available but will have to use approximately $7-9 million of it for draft picks ($2.1 million), players #52 and #53 on the roster (at least $900K), the practice squad ($1 million) and for replacement players for guys being put on injured reserve ($3-5 million). There´s absolutely no chance to trade for Wilkerson without having to cut some veterans.
I'm glad somebody gets this.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are definitely ways to make that work without cutting anyone we need. That's the job of Russ ball. Give Wilkerson a league min base salary in the first year and then his cap number is just that and the prorated signing bonus. So say 20 million signing bonus over 5 years. 4 mil plus 1 mil base that's cap number of 5 mIL. I understand that would make subsequent cap numbers for him crazy. But my point is if you have the chance to add a player to your defense who will be a major impact player you find a way. The man had 12 sacks last season when's the last time a packers d lineman had even 10 sacks?

D

Deleted member 6794

There are definitely ways to make that work without cutting anyone we need. That's the job of Russ ball. Give Wilkerson a league min base salary in the first year and then his cap number is just that and the prorated signing bonus. So say 20 million signing bonus over 5 years. 4 mil plus 1 mil base that's cap number of 5 mIL. I understand that would make subsequent cap numbers for him crazy. But my point is if you have the chance to add a player to your defense who will be a major impact player you find a way. The man had 12 sacks last season when's the last time a packers d lineman had even 10 sacks?

Geez, it´s really not that hard to understand. Even if Wilkerson would agree to a deal like that the Packers don´t have $5 million in cap space available without cutting a veteran.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can sign Wilkerson. You can sign all the Olinemen up for free agency next year.
What CaptainWIMM and others are trying to point out is that it will cost you in other areas of the roster to do so, and there'll be no getting around that. You could end up overall doing more harm than good.