1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who of these players at these positions of need would you draft

Discussion in '2016 Draft Archive' started by thequick12, Apr 24, 2016.

1. I'm glad somebody gets this.

2. KyraReppe5

KyraReppe5 "We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."

Packer Fan Since:
    As far as DT is concerned, Vernon Butler would be my favorite pick.

3. thequick12

thequick12 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    There are definitely ways to make that work without cutting anyone we need. That's the job of Russ ball. Give Wilkerson a league min base salary in the first year and then his cap number is just that and the prorated signing bonus. So say 20 million signing bonus over 5 years. 4 mil plus 1 mil base that's cap number of 5 mIL. I understand that would make subsequent cap numbers for him crazy. But my point is if you have the chance to add a player to your defense who will be a major impact player you find a way. The man had 12 sacks last season when's the last time a packers d lineman had even 10 sacks?

4. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Geez, it´s really not that hard to understand. Even if Wilkerson would agree to a deal like that the Packers don´t have $5 million in cap space available without cutting a veteran.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    You can sign Wilkerson. You can sign all the Olinemen up for free agency next year.
    What CaptainWIMM and others are trying to point out is that it will cost you in other areas of the roster to do so, and there'll be no getting around that. You could end up overall doing more harm than good.