Who Is Worried- The looming, lingering Purple.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aren't you the guy RP who predicted that Aaron Rodgers would be starting for Favre by now?

I'm not too concerned about it.

No I did not say he would be the starting QB by this time. I did say he will be the starting QB at some time.

I put up "What ifs" here all the time... The challenge is some people read it like I am saying it is going to happen. I am just creating threads that will generate posts.

However... I did say Randy Moss would be a Packer. In that case there was no what if involved. I still think the deal was done exactly the way I layed it out, and then the New England press wrote the same thing the next day after I posted it. I think that is when it fell apart at the last second and NE sold Randy on the ring factor.

R.P.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Aren't you the guy RP who predicted that Aaron Rodgers would be starting for Favre by now?

No I did not say he would be the starting QB by this time. I did say he will be the starting QB at some time.

I put up "What ifs" here all the time... The challenge is some people read it like I am saying it is going to happen. I am just creating threads that will generate posts.

However... I did say Randy Moss would be a Packer. In that case there was no what if involved. I still think the deal was done exactly the way I layed it out, and then the New England press wrote the same thing the next day after I posted it. I think that is when it fell apart at the last second and NE sold Randy on the ring factor.

R.P.

heh. what if the Packers beat NE in the SB? there'd be a wee bit of irony there, no?

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Raider Pride said:

R.P.

heh. what if the Packers beat NE in the SB? there'd be a wee bit of irony there, no?

Bozz, That is an incredible thought.

If that happened I might just Fed Ex some good posters here a bottle of Jack and we all can get on a post Super Bowl live chat the weekend after the Super Bowl.

We could all get together on a Packer Forum Live Chat line and get drunk together. The last person typing wins.

R.P.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Queens beat Oakland, then NYG, then Detroit, and then San Fran.

3 out of 4 will be picking in the top 10 of the 08 draft. I'm just not impressed.

As for the G-men, Eli vomited all over his cleats, then grabbed his ankles to show the tatto on his butt that said: "Property of Minnesota Vikings Secondary, Est. 2005"

I don't put a lot of stock in the Queens being "The Hottest Team in Football", as plenty of analysts have crowned them.

We ran all over Lambeau on their vaunted run-stuffers, and we can do it again. Remeber the terror/confusion that rippled through that secondary when 5 GB wideouts broke the huddle? Picture that times a million.

But thanks for the topic, RP. I appreciate ya. :thumbsup:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assuming Dallas is seeded 1 and the Packers are seeded 2, Minnesota can't do any better than a 5 seed at this point. If NY gets the 5 seed and Minnesota the 6, the Vikings would have to first beat Seattle on the road (3), and then go to Dallas and beat the Cowboys (1) before they would potentially face us (2) assuming we'd beat the winner of the Giants/Bucs games in the divisional round. (assuming the seeds work out that way)

The Vikings have definitely turned their season around, but they haven't clinched a playoff spot yet. There are 4 teams currently trailing them by one game (Arizona, Washington, Detroit, and New Orleans) who could still make a run at the playoffs yet. There's no guarantee to the Vikings will win their final 3 games either, so it will be an interesting final three weeks to the regular season.

Even then, I think we'd be able to handle them. If you contain their running game and force Jackson to try and beat you through the air, it's a very winnable game.

I wonder why WE are thinking that way... Shouldn't it be the Vikings who lost 2 games handily to us who is gameplanning us?

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I pray to GOD we play the vikings in the playoffs, as all packer fans should. That would mean the Cowboys are out and the NFC Chamionship game would be played where it belongs......on the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field....

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I pray to GOD we play the vikings in the playoffs, as all packer fans should. That would mean the Cowboys are out and the NFC Chamionship game would be played where it belongs......on the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field....

Would be weird to repeat '96. Lose the Dallas in regular season, Dallas gets knocked out of the playoffs, and we host the NFC Championship game and win the SB. Favre has a brilliant day but one of our special teamers breaks the AFC team's back (ironically, the Pats again) and gets SB MVP.

That would make me very happy.