1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Who Is Traveling Out-Of-State To An Away Game?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by El Guapo, Jul 27, 2012.

1. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,470
    I'm thinking about flying my family out to the Meadowlands for the Thanksgiving weekend game against the Giants. Let's hear if you're traveling across state lines to somewhere other than Lambeau to see a game this season.

2. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    I thought about trying to go see the pack play in the dump down in Chicago ( got a lot of family/friends in the area). But the more i thought about it the more i think I would be disappointed.You are not going to find a stadium that is going to have the majesty and atmosphere of Lambeau. Not to mention the hostility I have heard towards opposing teams fans in away locations.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    was looking at going to Seattle week 3, but am having doubts bc I wanted to include a college game as well in the weekend. Washington is undergoing stadium renovations so they are using the seahawks stadium, not theirs which is noted as the loudest college stadium in the country and you can tailgate on boats before the game. Instead I might go to a Oregon game but thats a 4 hour drive each way I hear.... will have to think on it.

4. KCBIGDOG

KCBIGDOG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    I will be taking the family up to Saint Louis game in October. Just a short three hour drive from the house - Tickets are bought and hotel rooms reserved. Can't wait!!!!

5. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    I will hopefully in the playoffs, but I cannot this year because I live in NC and... We don't play Tennessee, Atlanta, Charlotte, or Washington. :(

6. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    They're all out of state when you live in North Dakota.

7. Headrush

Headrush Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Trying to work out a trip to Indy to see them play Luck n the Colts in the dome. Aunt lives there so its in the works. crossing my fingers. I've been to Green Bay for camp but I live in upstate NY and have never seen them play a game at Lambeau... SOMEDAY!

Lambeau's the Cistine Chapel of football! and now that Im a shareholder and they're expanding... I gotta get back there

8. SGFPackerFan

SGFPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I will be going up to see GB in St Louis. Anyone have any recommendations on tailgating or bar hopping in downtown stl?

9. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I thought you meant a 4 hour drive from Madison to Oregon! LOL
    (I'm sure you mean 4 hours from Seattle to Oregon.)

10. Canada's #1 Packer Fan

Canada's #1 Packer Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    I was at the New Orleans game but my son and his friends are seeing there 1st NFL game in new york against the giants

Go Pack Go

11. KCBIGDOG

KCBIGDOG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    I will be at the game in STL as well - The Landing is a good place to hang out and bar hop. I have been at the last two games in STL and the Landing is flooded with Packer Fans Saturday night partying it up. Tailgating in STL is difficult at best - there really is no stadium parking except for parking garages - The are limited places! The Hampton Inn near the stadium sells Brats and Hot Dogs and the Bar attached to the hotel usually has a band playing as well - not bad place to grab a few drinks before heading to the stadium.

12. Munch

Munch NFL Owner

Ratings:
    +89
    There are 7 of us driving 11 hours from Saskatchewan to Minniapolis for the season finally. We have our tickets, our hotels were super cheap and the game will be on my birthday.

13. Jonathan Powell

Jonathan Powell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm flying over from Australia for the Vikings game on 30 December. What bay do all the packers fans sit in when going to the Metrodome?

14. Hype

Hype Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    I will be at the packers/giants game in late Nov

but only cause i live in jersey

15. The_PackisBack

The_PackisBack GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +3
    The wife and I will be heading up to the Metrodome for the 12/30 game. First time back to Minny since I was 20. Any advice on where to hang before the game?

16. Vladimirr

Vladimirr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +107
    Waiting for them to play at Miami, Jacksonville, or Tampa again :( I think 2014 is my next shot at it... and then it's two games in one year. (Bucs, Dolphins)

17. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,470
    Unfortunately the "wise" folks in Minneapolis have torn down most of the tailgating lots that used to exist around the Big Inflatable Toilet. There are a bunch of nice restaurants if you're into that kind of scene. Hubert's is the classic bar right across the street filled with fans. Grumpy's is a great place too and only four or five blocks away.

The light-rail train stops at the Metrodome so that opens up many options. You can hang out more downtown at any bar around Hennepin Ave or Nicollet and then pay 50cents to ride to the Dome. There isn't much traffic headed that way. Conversely you could take the line from the Mall of America there too, but many fans ride that route to the game so be ready for packed train cars. There are places along the route like the Cardinal Bar that are on the southern leg of the route that would be great blue collar bars for pre-game activities.

Good luck!