Who is the better quarterback?

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT and MM thought Favre was better, why didn't they beg him to come back?

I'll take there word over any fans.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT and MM thought Favre was better, why didn't they beg him to come back?

I'll take there word over any fans.

Well that would make what you just said irrelevant.

boiga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a poorly worded poll.

It doesn't really matter who is the better QB, nor is there sufficient evidence to really say. Brett has years of evidence both positive and negative, while Rodger's game time can still be read in minutes. How can you compare?

It's more important to ask which would be the better QB for the packers going forward. Favre had turned his back on M3, Campen, TT, the fans and the rest of the Packer organization. Having him around will create unlimited controversy and badness in the locker room.

Rodgers has been a saint through this ordeal, has potential, and may be the leader for the packers for the next decade if he ever gets the chance.

So, it seems fairly obvious at this point that Rodgers is the better choice to lead the Packers going forward. If Brett had played his cards differently, that answer might be different, but we'll never know now.

Oh, by the way, hello PF people.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR has been injured longer than his playing time. If TT wants the best for the Packers they should haver the best in camp to compete. If AR was better than BF at the end of this last season why didn't he start over BF? AR may be good, or he may start the season 1-2 or even injured. There is no crystal ball on AR but you sure know what you'll get with BF. Makes no sense at all.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR has been injured longer than his playing time. If TT wants the best for the Packers they should haver the best in camp to compete. If AR was better than BF at the end of this last season why didn't he start over BF? AR may be good, or he may start the season 1-2 or even injured. There is no crystal ball on AR but you sure know what you'll get with BF. Makes no sense at all.

We know what we will get with Brett? Based on the last few weeks I have no idea who Favre is anymore.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy want to play. What's so hard to figure out. He's always been a man of his word. He also has always included wanting to be wanted. GB has indicated they do not want him back. He wants to play but with a team that wants him. Sounds like human nature to me. He's no different than he was 6 months ago. Same guy. I'm not putting Favre over the PAck, I'm both a Pack fan and Favre fan and the Pack fan in me wants the best QB we can get. If AR beats him out at Camp, great...if not...he wasn't the better QB.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe I just don't get the "run Favre out of town" hype. He's brought GB back from the dead and single handedly turned the Pack back in to a winning franchise. His presence lured big time FA's. He retired and since has changed his mind. I don't care if AR thinks he deserves the reigns. He's played one meaningful game and was lost for the season due to an injury. If as a Pack fan you want to bank your future on that then please let me know the winning lotto numbers next week. I sure need the gas money!

boiga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But Cali, there are other factors here that matter. My opinion is that this team is good enough now that we don't NEED Brett to stay competitive.

The thing to remember is that this is the FIRST time in the last decade we could say that. Up until now, the packers desperately needed Favre to stay in contention. A-rod is the first Favre backup since we lost Hasselbeck that actually has the potential to lead this team into the future. We have a young improving offense. A generally solid defense (assuming we get our DL put back together) and a quality coach.

The stars are aligning this year in a way that we don't NEED Brett like we used to. Who's to say it'll be this way again next year? We'll have to make the transition to a post Favre era eventually, and now's the first time ever that it looks like it could be done smoothly.

If Favre comes back and we lose this opportunity, we might regret it for the next generation. The risks are as big bringing Favre back as they are betting on Rodgers.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, That A-Rod has 5 votes is funny. This is like a high school popularity thing. The question is 'Who is better" not "who do you like more".

People draw a line in the sand then stick with one side. Please expose yourself if you voted for A-Rod, then explain how he is Better?

boiga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uhm... I already said why. Rodgers is the better choice to lead the packers going forward because of the *** favre is making of himself and the fact that all the pieces are in place for a transition to a post favre era without sucking for 10 years.

Skill is necessary, but so are leadership, commitment, and the potential to improve.

Favre has the skill, but has proven sorely lacking in the other three.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uhm... I already said why. Rodgers is the better choice to lead the packers going forward because of the *** favre is making of himself and the fact that all the pieces are in place for a transition to a post favre era without sucking for 10 years.

Skill is necessary, but so are leadership, commitment, and the potential to improve.

Favre has the skill, but has proven sorely lacking in the other three.

How do you know Aaron has it?

and I believe the question says "who is the better qb" but mentions nothing about "going forward"

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like someone said before it's a dumb question, poorly presented, with no purpose other than baiting people.

why dont you grab your nuts and put up a poll that says whos the best quarterback for the packers in 2008

boiga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you know Aaron has it?
I don't. But everything we have seen out of him shows promise. His actions this off season have been impeccable. He showed patience while waiting for his turn, and now that it's here shows every potential to take advantage of it.

The guy has promise, but if we don't give him a shot now, any talent he might have won't benefit us and we will have wasted the last three years spent grooming the guy.
and I believe the question says "who is the better qb" but mentions nothing about "going forward"
Like I already said: that's a pointless question that can not be answered. It's like asking whether an old man or a baby is a better person. There is no way to compare the two.

The only question that matters is which is better for the packers going forward.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts