Who is the best Defensive Player on the Packers now?

967travis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just thought id throw this out to kill a lil time..I personally believe its Al Harris, but even he sometimes has a rough game.. Your thoughts on who you think is the best..

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Freeway3137 said:
caroll

jk harris or barnett

Carroll gets bashed a lot, mostly based on some pretty outdated data. He's actually turning into a damn good cover corner, and I think if the Packers can put a decent pass rush in front of him, he'll go the Pro Bowl.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking Kampman as well.

Right now though I think we've got a mix of players that make each other better rather than one or two great players though. It's the workhorse mentality that Bates brought in and I think that had more to do with improving our defense than the new scheme.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether its Bob Slowik sending 6 people to blitz on any given down in 2004 or whether it was this team just not being good enough to have any semblance of a pass rush under Bates in '05, Al Harris has been left on an island time and time again against the opposing #1 receiver, and he may give up a few big plays here and there, but he never gets blown away, he never gets dominated, he held Chad Johnson vs. the Bengals, Hines Ward vs. the Steelers, Steve Smith vs. the Panthers...all games vs. Playoff teams that we shouldn't have had a chance against, but the play of Al Harris went unnoticed, consistently affecting the play of the team's top weapons, and keeping us close in games we shouldn't have had a chance in

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
Whether its Bob Slowik sending 6 people to blitz on any given down in 2004 or whether it was this team just not being good enough to have any semblance of a pass rush under Bates in '05, Al Harris has been left on an island time and time again against the opposing #1 receiver, and he may give up a few big plays here and there, but he never gets blown away, he never gets dominated, he held Chad Johnson vs. the Bengals, Hines Ward vs. the Steelers, Steve Smith vs. the Panthers...all games vs. Playoff teams that we shouldn't have had a chance against, but the play of Al Harris went unnoticed, consistently affecting the play of the team's top weapons, and keeping us close in games we shouldn't have had a chance in

Agreed. He's the man.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew someone would say Barnett. I've watched him play and he is definitely over-hyped. If he could play HIS game he would be awesome, but he cannot do what the system asks him to do. Its a rare case of speed actually hurting you.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett is good, but misses to many tackles. Kapman is good but does not come up with big plays, he is solid but not a miracle worker. I would go with Al Harris because if his consistency in shutting down great receivers.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
967travis said:
Just thought id throw this out to kill a lil time..I personally believe its Al Harris, but even he sometimes has a rough game.. Your thoughts on who you think is the best..

i agree w/you on al harris

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now I'd have to say Al Harris. However, by the end of the year it will be Nick Collins. Also wouldn't be surprised if Carroll is as good as Harris by the end of the year.

Members online

Latest posts