Who is our next DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR now?!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
What about me? I am ranked on here as defensive coach. I can give the boys chunky soup, back rubs and clean up after them. I can be their team mother. :)

You're hired! I'm not sure backrubs are in the job description but I'm sure nobody would complain.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
What about me? I am ranked on here as defensive coach. I can give the boys chunky soup, back rubs and clean up after them. I can be their team mother. :)

I liked you better as the 'Positions' Assitant.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is only one Brett Favre and only one Jim Bates. remember the love all his players had for him in my hammy? darn TT blew this and hiring a no name "packer family" HC kinda sucks not to mention his name begins with MIKE again :(

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack: TECHNICALLY Thompson could've fired Sherman as soon as he was named GM. But everybody knew it wouldn't happen. Harlan chose Thompson because he believed Thompson could work well with Sherman. It would've been pretty obnoxious for Thompson to accept the job on the grounds that he could work with Sherman and then immediately fire Sherman. Not that it was a whole lot less obnoxious to give Sherman a contract extension and then fire him after one season. But at least by that point Thompson was able to say that he had tried the original arrangement for a year, and it just wasn't what he felt was best.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he doesnt have a choice right now hes under contract and i doubt he will be some gay *** baby like terrel owens wayyyy i wanna be a head coach im not coaching prolly not gonna happen

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will let Bates go if he wants to go. Like it or not, coaches are treated differently than players when it comes to this stuff. If Sherman had stayed, it would've been a different story. Bates would've been held to his contract. But if Bates doesn't want to work with the new coach, for whatever reason, there's no use forcing him to do so.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Bates doesn't get a HC position I would think he would be back. If his day is not now he would be looked at in a much better light down the road for having stayed and kept his chin up and continued to strive for his goal than making a lateral move because he didn't like the decision.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
DePack: TECHNICALLY Thompson could've fired Sherman as soon as he was named GM. But everybody knew it wouldn't happen. Harlan chose Thompson because he believed Thompson could work well with Sherman. It would've been pretty obnoxious for Thompson to accept the job on the grounds that he could work with Sherman and then immediately fire Sherman. Not that it was a whole lot less obnoxious to give Sherman a contract extension and then fire him after one season. But at least by that point Thompson was able to say that he had tried the original arrangement for a year, and it just wasn't what he felt was best.

I agree Greg but my point was that Harlan should be cut some slack for the same reasoning. He didn't fire Sherman when he brought on TT because he wanted to give them a chance to see if it would work out.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can someone tell me where Mike Sherman was when Lindy Infante coached the Packers to a 4-12 record, I am absolutely positive in some way it was his fault.
I wish I could come on this forum and read one thread, without reading how it was Mike Shermans fault.
As for Bates staying, I hope he does, but this is the real world, if he has a chance to go somewhere where he feels he can become head coach, he will go.
I have the feeling Bates thinks he got a raw deal by not being offered the Packer head coach job.

Members online

Latest posts